The new additions to throttle handling look really nice. I have a question, though, would that be possible to see the actual throttle movement (the black knob) in Caesar BTT? Just a tiny bit of additional immersion.

Also, for some reason, the airbrake control is described as wheel brake hold/release, and is not a toggle, but requires you to hold the button. It should be a toggle, not to mention it should obviously have a proper name. :) 

Anyone tested out the throttle yet? Busy explaining to my squad by 64bit isn't a silver bullet. XD

Apparently Memory Errors have been put on Afterburner, we all, all 20 members and the rest of the server, just experienced a server wide memory crash to Desktop. Will report back when i have more... useful info.

• Like 1

On 17.3.2017 at 9:44 AM, nikoteen said:

Agree.

And to me, that's the little orange runway light poles at the edge of said runway which irritates me the most. Not only can they stop tanks instantly but all planes that will come in contact too ! :(

Oh god, these are so annoying.

On top comes the fact that the AI gets stuck at them in so many cases, as well as they get stuck at other indestructible objects that would get flattened by a heavy vehicle with ease in real life.

So, these remaining indestructible objects not only affect you directly, but also indirectly by getting your AI stuck.

I think maybe if I have some free time, I'm going to make a list and post it in the issue tracker.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Anyone tested out the throttle yet? Busy explaining to my squad by 64bit isn't a silver bullet. XD

Apparently Memory Errors have been put on Afterburner, we all, all 20 members and the rest of the server, just experienced a server wide memory crash to Desktop. Will report back when i have more... useful info.

hey,

our server has experienced this as well, 2-3 times so far since 1.68.

30-40 clients CTD simultaneously.

"

• Tweaked: The NLAW & Titan missiles now have animated fins & rocket flame "

But do they have proper rocket sounds while flying through the air?

1 hour ago, darksidesixofficial said:

"

• Tweaked: The NLAW & Titan missiles now have animated fins & rocket flame "

But do they have proper rocket sounds while flying through the air?

No, and the flame animation could use a few more frames in it.

• Like 4

Still looks nice! Atleast a bit more nice, ofcourse the effects are still years behind.

Saw this on the Facebook, possible new jet from Jet's DLC? Did my best to clear up the image.

17311057_1347443228635737_60904490904823143d434dea4f018ff26eae9ac4b26588.png

• Like 1

What are these weird white things?

1 hour ago, Greenfist said:

No, and the flame animation could use a few more frames in it.

This .gif forced me to look for the year on my calendar.

Cheers

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mitrail said:

What are these weird white things?

Next to the light? I think they're munitions carts

1 hour ago, Flax said:

Saw this on the Facebook, possible new jet from Jet's DLC? Did my best to clear up the image.

17311057_1347443228635737_60904490904823143d434dea4f018ff26eae9ac4b26588.png

Bohemia is good at this. Even for a jet enthusiast like me with years of studying fighters, I can only speculate the shape of that wing yo resemble the F-15. However... the part behind the leading edge tip resembles the angled tip of the F-22 ever so slightly. Leaving me to come to a quick conclusion it may be a mix between the two. Makes sense, both the F-15 and F-22 are historical fighters in there own right... well, the F-15 at least.

Good news is it looks like we're going to find out soon enough, hints the "Scanning the Horizon" on the screen supports we'll get a video on it in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Bohemia is good at this. Even for a jet enthusiast like me with years of studying fighters, I can only speculate the shape of that wing yo resemble the F-15. However... the part behind the leading edge tip resembles the angled tip of the F-22 ever so slightly. Leaving me to come to a quick conclusion it may be a mix between the two. Makes sense, both the F-15 and F-22 are historical fighters in there own right... well, the F-15 at least.

Good news is it looks like we're going to find out soon enough, hints the "Scanning the Horizon" on the screen supports we'll get a video on it in the next few weeks.

I think (and hope) it's just a F-22. Also hoping CSAT recieves a SU-47.

26 minutes ago, Nightmare515 said:

Based on the shape of the wing and design, highly unlikely.

Edit: actually, it's possible. Extreme slight chance. That or it takes some design features for sure.

I have some feedback on the new HMD. It's pretty good, but:

1. Countermeasure indicator should be added to all three HMDs. They're the only element that's missing.

2. RPM indicator in Kajman and Xian doesn't work and Orca is missing it. It's useful for monitoring engine startup when flying with AFM.

3. Orca is missing an FPM circle, in general the FPMs are too small and should be more complex than just a circle (the white "gamey" one should be removed if possible).

4. The HMDs overlap AFM gauges, I suggest to disable them automatically when using a helo with a HMD (all the information is there, just as clearly presented).
5. Maybe it's already in, but some sort of simple failure indicator on the HMD (or perhaps in the cockpit) would be great. This would allow disabling the non-diegetic interface (besides the MFDs) completely, without losing any info.

EDIT: Also, tested the Blackfish. The improvements are there (though impact point prediction doesn't work for the right gunner, only for the left one), but the most vital and most obvious one still hasn't been implemented. BI, please let us lock the Blackfish turrets to terrain like UAV turrets or TGPs. With impact point prediction working, this is all that's needed to make Blackfish actually usable (and fun to use) as a gunship.

Another good thing to do would be "gun trim", that is, manually moving the camera independently of the gun position. Something like gun elevation (could even use the same controls), but in the horizontal plane. This is so that on higher zoom levels, the prediction isn't right at the edge of the screen. Currently, while loitering at normal speed, this is usually the case.

3 hours ago, Flax said:

143d434dea4f018ff26eae9ac4b26588.png

Could be a Su 35. Its the only jet with wings like this, and the weapon pylons looks very similar.

https://www.copybook.com/fact-files/sukhoi-su-35

. And the bomb could be a KAB 500

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAB-500#KAB-500S

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightmare515 said:

It probably doesn't really matter because it is yet another misnamed plane. Somehow I can never feel any excitement over new content since it will always be this damnable 2035 scenario :(

• Like 3

If it's a real plane, I don't think it matters how it'll be designated. ACE3 could change its name to the real one, anyway. It'll be worse if they pull something like Kaiman or Taru, which resemble the real thing (Mi-28 and Ka-226, respectively), but are so different that they can't be considered real vehicles. Since DLC additions were generally of that ilk, I'd expect them to come up with something weird for the planes, as well.

I hope they do go with real planes, though. Maybe RHS could then reskin them and put correct names on them... At least as long as they're not some experimental, one-off planes like the Su-47.

• Like 1

Its not CSAT, note the pixelated USAF roundal behind the pylons near the Tip. I'm personally hoping it's a lighter version of the silent Eagle. Looks very similar based on the wing.... in fact, the more I look at it and compare... if say the Silent Eagle is the closest that design, the pylons and wing, relate to. If I had to guess, that's exactly what it may be, if not based off of.

• Like 1

Real names cannot be used unless license is granted by the property owner.

This is why the only realistically named modern weapon we have is the GM6 Lynx because the manufacturer approached BI about featuring their product in the game.