Put down an AI, gave him 4 waypoints as shown here: (Same results with CARELESS, SAFE, AWARE, COMBAT or STEALTH)

Strange that's working for you.

As I said, I don't run any mods.

Edited by Papanowel

No cycle problem here.

Anyone getting MP crashes? On a server hosted by my friend, the game crashes every time we try to go from briefing screen into the mission. Altis or Stratis. My friend has been having trouble running Altis, but was able to run it in SP after today's update (though it later crashed).

Then again, at the moment we're trying to give feedback on specific changelog items, so the less clutter the better.

If you really want to share something about the AI, try using the bugtracker for a while.

Anyone getting MP crashes? On a server hosted by my friend, the game crashes every time we try to go from briefing screen into the mission. Altis or Stratis. My friend has been having trouble running Altis, but was able to run it in SP after today's update (though it later crashed).

Exactly the same trouble with our dedi.

The only solution right now, it's one player start the mission and then the other have to join after the start.

Edited by Papanowel

Anyone having trouble getting their helicopter gunner to actually hit anything with the cannon? I can't even lock targets with the cannon selected, meaning I'm at the mercy of my gunners discretion. And that never really works.

Also, how to get the gunner to actually target infantry too?

I keep reading about all these players with rigs slower and older then mine and getting better frame rate... seriously getting butt hurt here... Arma is the only game i have problems with.. WTF BIS, you hate me dont u... i have quite litteraly turned all my graphics settings to "low" or "disabled" and i get the same frame rate i get with everything on Ultra.... on stratis 20 fps.. in Altis its 10fps...

No cycle problem here.

I've had that crash as well. I crash as the host but he does not crash. It works if I launch the game though and then he joins after I'm already in game.

I keep reading about all these players with rigs slower and older then mine and getting better frame rate... seriously getting butt hurt here... Arma is the only game i have problems with.. WTF BIS, you hate me dont u... i have quite litteraly turned all my graphics settings to "low" or "disabled" and i get the same frame rate i get with everything on Ultra.... on stratis 20 fps.. in Altis its 10fps...
What's your config? My guess is you are bottlenecked by the CPU.

Yay!

Unless your character explicitly receives an "identity" in the mission, your voice and face will always be as they are defined in your player profile.

That's not strictly true. Unless you do a setidentity on your player, it will sound like Marc (speaker 01) regardless of how it's defined in the profile.

Random bug - Editor on dev build pressing F7 doesn't enter Modules mode. Clicking it does.

Turns out this is a random bug.... with my keyboard. F7 is borked

Always happening when AI (not vehicle) are set on "safe" and "limited speed".

Can you guys try and tell me if you also have this trouble?

I can confirm that! and was not happening yesterday!

i just made a test mission disabled all the mods and is happening here too!

Infantry groups spawned after mission start and then given an area to patrol (BIS_fnc_taskPatrol) are stuck and can't move.

It seems the leader freezes in mid animation and the others stay where they spawned.

Vehicles (cars/apcs etc) start their patrol as intended. Only infantry units are refusing to move.

Does this happen for anyone else? Definitely was working yesterday.

EDIT: Found some of this in the RPT:

O Alpha 1-1: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
O Bravo 1-1: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
O Bravo 1-3: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense

DOUBLE EDIT: It seems only to affect infantry units if their behaviour is set to "CARELESS" or "SAFE". Combat and Aware are unaffected.

Edited by Das Attorney

Anyone having trouble getting their helicopter gunner to actually hit anything with the cannon? I can't even lock targets with the cannon selected, meaning I'm at the mercy of my gunners discretion. And that never really works.

Also, how to get the gunner to actually target infantry too?

Yes I have noticed AI gunner always overshoots his targets.

Yes I have noticed AI gunner always overshoots his targets.

They don't seem to take the movement of the helicopter into account. If you stop and just hover they will hit. Even then they can take ages to find a target that is just standing in the open 50m in front of you.

::CRASH::

Just wanted to report a strange crash on latest dev build. Was just messing with the editor and was Alt tabbing between my mission folder and game. Upon once alt tab back to game everything became very very slow in the editor. Mouse movement etc. I hit preview and game crashed.

Went to restart Arma and it says, failed to open because app was already running. I went to task manager and could not find any instance of Arma 3 running.

Went to close steam but it would not close because it says it needed me to close arma 3 first. Had to restart computer!

Windows 8

i7 2700k stock OC

GTX 680

16 GB ram

SSD (which arma is on)

::CRASH::

Just wanted to report a strange crash on latest dev build. Was just messing with the editor and was Alt tabbing between my mission folder and game. Upon once alt tab back to game everything became very very slow in the editor. Mouse movement etc. I hit preview and game crashed.

Went to restart Arma and it says, failed to open because app was already running. I went to task manager and could not find any instance of Arma 3 running.

Went to close steam but it would not close because it says it needed me to close arma 3 first. Had to restart computer!

Just use windowed mode!

Before it's too late, please transition the Grass Cutter function from the Helper objects to a module. Some people can't handle the map with grass on, and it's not always available to turn grass off. This would help solve that problem without spamming a game map with large garish yellow circles.

Before it's too late, please transition the Grass Cutter function from the Helper objects to a module. Some people can't handle the map with grass on, and it's not always available to turn grass off. This would help solve that problem without spamming a game map with large garish yellow circles.

already to late for launch, try for a patch

already to late for launch, try for a patch
I still think it's a good idea to do something like this with a shape where you can define the size and orientation versus a circle that takes a bunch of space. If I want to turn a field into a base with no grass I have to littler the landscape with yellow circles.

You can script grass off with this scripting command. Haven't tested it in ArmA 3 though.

You can script grass off with this scripting command. Haven't tested it in ArmA 3 though.
There's a lot of things that can be scripted in, but what I'm asking for is that it's officially included in the game, if by post-release patch if need be.

How many of you guys experience stutter? I have good FPS but they go up and down like crazy when I drive a car or fly with a helicopter.

Am I the only experiencing stuttering? It's quite annoying knowing that I have good FPS but still can enjoy it 100%.

I do, when walking around in towns its about 40-60 fps and a lot of stuttering, and when out on the country its about 60-90, and some stuttering only when zooming, and when turning around. Its really quite dangerous to hang around the towns for me, I can't react fast enough because of the stuttering and it makes it impossible to have a really enjoyable mission in a town, so I have to stick to barren lands, hills, and fields if I want to have some fun moving around. I hope towns will get optimized soon, or I can get a really well paid job so I can buy a super-computer, might just avoid the stuttering then...

I do, when walking around in towns its about 40-60 fps and a lot of stuttering, and when out on the country its about 60-90, and some stuttering only when zooming, and when turning around. Its really quite dangerous to hang around the towns for me, I can't react fast enough because of the stuttering and it makes it impossible to have a really enjoyable mission in a town, so I have to stick to barren lands, hills, and fields if I want to have some fun moving around. I hope towns will get optimized soon, or I can get a really well paid job so I can buy a super-computer, might just avoid the stuttering then...

A tad OT but a supercomputer would probably be worse off due to the nature of how they work (i.e. not built for gaming :P)

Back ontopic, I only get slight lag, it's playable though.