Tweaked: The Basic Civilian Behavior module now works also in multiplayer environment 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

But since its no secret that Arma3 is nearing its End of Life, the resources for those changes are sparse.

Do I smell ArmA 4 here? Hundreds of developers already writing a new incarnation from the ground up? Please let me dream. :D

Will playtest without @eo_weedkiller now.

On 12/5/2017 at 9:09 PM, Karloff said:

Hi, 
we know about that, it's in "work in progress" and fix should be out soon. :)

thank you as always

Tweaked: The Basic Civilian Behavior module now also works in the multiplayer environment

This great, thanks a lot!

On 12/8/2017 at 4:37 PM, tortuosit said:

Hundreds of developers

In a galaxy far, far away... ;) :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

This is a little tangential but on the topic of the fabled Arma 4, does anyone have any idea if BI is interested in implementing some of the features that came with Nvidia's Pascal architecture in Enfusion? Particularly Simultaneous Multi-Projection, I feel like with the flexibility that Enfusion will bring, stuff like VR will become far more viable in Arma.

• Like 1

ENGINE 

Fixed: The 'Unknown enum value' errors would display incorrectly for the createAgent, createUnit, setVehiclePosition, and createVehicle script commands (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127233) 

Fixed: The 'Unknown enum value' errors would display incorrectly for the getUnitTrait script command (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127243) 

Im so happy I could..

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, froggyluv said:

Im so happy I could..

giphy.gif

What the....alright, enough internet for today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

^^^ Clearly you werent dealing with that error message 24/7 or else your sentiment of 'japanese girl - dancing her way into - pink nebulous monster- rolling themselves into a truck killing boulder'  - would be shared

• Like 1

Added: New OpticsIn & OpticsOut config parameters (override memoryPointGunnerOptics) reading direction, pitch and roll from a bone  

Almost missed this gem... Awesome stuff! This will offer many new opportunities and solve a couple of issues i currently have

technically you can read the animation source or animation state of the commanders turret right now to get the direction (which's name you can read from config). But its not particularly convenient, this is true.

8 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

"getCameraViewDirection (gunner <vehicle>)" ?

with the new independant camera bone option, view direction and turret direction are no longer necessarily synched.

Still to BI.

Still a wish: civilian traffic module, warfare module and ... aaa ACM module and ... aaa  dynamic ambient life on all islands (with animals, peoples, traffics, air traffics, water traffic, etc.).

Why I still ask this - because all islands is beautiful they are super - 100 km2, but... empty!:sorry:

Thank. 

O... and this - very cool!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, D_Donskoy said:

Still to BI.

Still a wish: civilian traffic module, warfare module and ... aaa ACM module and ... aaa  dynamic ambient life on all islands (with animals, peoples, traffics, air traffics, water traffic, etc.).

Why I still ask this - because all islands is beautiful they are super - 100 km2, but... empty!:sorry:

Thank. 

O... and this - very cool!!!

Basically you want ArmA II with ArmA III engine. That's what a lot of people were hoping for . While the engine had developed in ArmA III and a lot is possible now that was difficult to do in ArmA II, ArmA II is a regression as a game overall just like ArmA was a regression from OFP.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Beagle said:

Basically you want ArmA II with ArmA III engine. That's what a lot of people were hoping for . While the engine had developed in ArmA III and a lot is possible now that was difficult to do in ArmA II, ArmA II is a regression as a game overall just like ArmA was a regression from OFP.

Maybe you right.

Arma 2 - yes and no.

In arma 2 then I play all BI mission and scenario I start edit my missions in editor and ACM, WARFARE, CIVILIAN modules was very useful for this. It was endless gameplay! 

In arma 3 the same, but no warfare, no civilian, no ACM modules. Very sad.

Of course I can write it myself - but it will take a very long time and patience.

Still  hope  that BI will make it and this will be a good thing  for arma 3.

There seems to be a but with straight lines drawn on the map. They disappear once a savegame was loaded. Kinda annoying.

Tweaked: The Basic Civilian Behavior module now works also in multiplayer environment

I LOVE that this has now been updated for MP but I have a question related to the spawned AI being agents (by default) rather than full blown AI.  First of all I assume by using agents one can lower the performance overhead in a mission due to lack of FSM for those agents?

Secondly, I'm in the process of trying to write a script using eventhandlers that can count civilian casualties caused by players which increments a variable.  Once x has been reached it will execute my desired script.  My issue is how do I check whether or not a unit is an agent?  Here's an example of my WIP:

Spoiler

while {true} do
{
    {
        if (side group _x == civilian && _x iskindof "man" && isAgent teamMember _unit) then
        {        
        hint "test";
        _x removeEventHandler ["killed", 0]; //remove the previous event handler for the killed so that there's no duplication of eventhandler
        sleep 1;
        _x addEventHandler ["Killed", {_this execVM "scripts\civilianKilled.sqf"}];
        };
    } forEach allUnits;
    sleep 5; //Adds the EH to every newly spawned cilvilian unit.
};

@Imperator[TFD]:

if (isAgent TeamMember _x) then {/*it's an agent*/};

Looks like you found the answer already; just replace "_unit" by "_x" in your script.

56 minutes ago, haleks said:

@Imperator[TFD]:

if (isAgent TeamMember _x) then {/*it's an agent*/};

Looks like you found the answer already; just replace "_unit" by "_x" in your script.

Does not work unfortunately.

Are you sure allUnits retrieve agents in the first place? Try with entities maybe.

On 12/14/2017 at 11:23 PM, Imperator[TFD] said:

Does not work unfortunately.

this is messy but this sort of structure should work

private _unit = objnull;
private _agents = [];
while {true} do 
{
	_agents = agents apply {(agent _x)};
    {
		_unit = _x;
        if (_unit in _agents) then
		{
			// im an agent

} else 
		{
			// im a unit

};
    } forEach (entities 'CAManBase');
    sleep 5;
};

You could also check the group. agent group should always report grpnull, while unit group should never report grpnull.

private _unit = objnull;
while {true} do 
{
    {
		_unit = _x;
		if (isNull (group _unit)) then {
			// im an agent

} else {
			// im a unit

};
    } forEach (entities 'CAManBase');
    sleep 5;