Added: "dispersion" now works for rockets / missiles

Thank you so much. The ranges that you could rocket snipe with jets where insane.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lexx said:

Few weeks ago I asked about code / debugging stuff in here already, but got completely ignored. Scripts that were working fine for two years suddenly started throwing error messages, despite nothing had changed. No idea if it's in any way related, as I don't have enough knowledge in real programming.

/edit:

I've fixed most of these issues later with rewriting the code, removing all the spawn{} etc... after that the error messages were gone.

Well that's what the feedback tracker is there for.

On 4/11/2013 at 2:45 PM, DnA said:

Actual issue reporting should still happen via the Feedback Tracker of course. Thank you!

Doubt the devs scan through every post to find bug reports.

These days I'm not even sure the feedback tracker gets any attention, heh.

Cheers

Sure, but if I post in here then also to see if other folks noticed anything weird as well. Like I said, I'm not a good programmer at all, so all these issues could also happen because I just don't know what I'm doing. Making a ticket for such issues then can end up being quite embarrassing. 

Oh yeah, and I don't really feel very motivated to deal with that weird interface...

• Like 5

On 8/28/2017 at 3:14 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Getting frequent crashes upon exiting the MP editor in the current devbranch build which updated today.

Always status access violation.

If this keeps up I'll need to revert to stable branch, saved one error report so far if interested.

Cheers

Hi, we are not able to reproduce it here, could you please provide repro mission or steps to reproduce? :)

Cheers! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Karloff said:

Hi, we are not able to reproduce it here, could you please provide repro mission or steps to reproduce? :)

Cheers! 

Hey thanks for looking into it, fortunately I have been editing for a few hours without a crash now,

tried to replicate the crash for about 15 minutes earlier today in the same mission, didn't happen since.

The occurences happened in the MP editor, locally hosted session:

1. Editing mission
  2. Test changes during mission
  3. Run a few debug scripts
  4. Solving π
  5. Decide to make a few changes
  6. Hit "Abort"
  7. Debriefing screen
  8. Lobby
  9. Hit escape
  10. Crash in 1 out of 5 cases just before the editor should pop up again

Last crash happened yesterday, no crashes for today even with me trying to force a crash doing the above.

If it happens again I'll post it here.

Cheers

createSimpleObject will crash the game when you tries to create a weapon(eg "A3\Weapons_F_Exp\Rifles\AKM\AKM_F.p3d")

(Am I posting at correct topic?)

• Like 1

Since today's update one can also set the leaflet type via Pylon settings for all medical drones. Is that intended?

On a further note; Good job on the new SFXs for explosives!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, R3vo said:

Since today's update one can also set the leaflet type via Pylon settings for all medical drones. Is that intended?

On a further note; Good job on the new SFXs for explosives!

Eden Editor 
Added: Leaflets can be now equipped for Utility Drones through the "Pylon Settings" tab

Will this change also mean we can drop leaflets from any aircraft that uses pylons?

Grumpys Aircraft Loadout mod allows the ability to use all available weapons on any aircraft with loadout support.

I could picture a Blackfish or GhostHawk dropping propaganda leaflets when a drone isn't available asset depending on scenario.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, R3vo said:

Collateral feature? :don9:

It's not its primary purpose, but perhaps there are situations where it would be desired - like it spreading information about an epidemic over an area (via the custom leaflets)?

• Like 11

9 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

Eden Editor 
Added: Leaflets can be now equipped for Utility Drones through the "Pylon Settings" tab

Will this change also mean we can drop leaflets from any aircraft that uses pylons?

Grumpys Aircraft Loadout mod allows the ability to use all available weapons on any aircraft with loadout support.

I could picture a Blackfish or GhostHawk dropping propaganda leaflets when a drone isn't available asset depending on scenario.

It already does, my script reads stuff from the config. You only need to set

GOM_fnc_allowAllPylons = true;

in the parameters file.

It's configured as a pylon -> my script will use it.

Simple as that.

You probably need to add custom leaflet classes to make it work.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 28.8.2017 at 2:14 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Any chance to finally get rid of those annoying "Hand to the face" idle animations?

Good reminder, they annoy me at times... IIRC Koffeinflummi removed the animations with his AGM mod which was before ACE3 came out.

Guys I was absent from modding for a longer time and just recognized, in ArmAs main menu there is now room for mod options (settings that can be defined by mods), can you please point me to documentation/keywords for this?

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:15 AM, x3kj said:

Thank you so much. The ranges that you could rocket snipe with jets where insane.

Have you actually tried this in game yet?  Does it add the dispersion factor to existing rockets already?

If so Im super happy about this for the exact reason you mentioned.

Is the rocket dispersion based on rocket type?

For example, could the larger rocket pods (EG Kajman) have a wide dispersion range to make it easier to saturate a target area, compared to the smaller rocket pods (EG the ones on the A-164) having a tighter spread so are more accurate? 

That would mean there were be a reason for choosing to have a smaller pod instead of always using the largest possible.

Rocket dispersion will be configured after Low Dlc release - right now there is strict data lock engaged & while in theory adding customized dispersion parameters shouldn't cause any issues (since next stable version will be without working dispersion for rockets), it's still safer to keep it as it is.

• Like 3

Yeah was just about to come here and report that there's no dispersion as yet for the rockets.  Building the back end.

since next stable version will be without working dispersion for rockets

:dontgetit:

Hello Dev Team,

Will the ticket I raised regarding the clipping of 2 pieces of Laws of War equipment be addressed before official release?...the ticket his currently "acknowledged" but not assigned.

Official release of premium content is days away and these are new assets which clip badly when combined with each other....https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126492

Can anyone confirm that

add3DENConnection ['Group',get3DENSelected 'Object',player]

isn't working? When "Group" is replaced with "TriggerOwner" it works just as intended...

18 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Have you actually tried this in game yet?  Does it add the dispersion factor to existing rockets already?

If so Im super happy about this for the exact reason you mentioned.

I'm on a different playground, because i can implement stuff right away for my total conversion ;)

Will there be a fix for the marker text issue coming with the next stable update ?

XZSX3cC.jpg

• Like 5

^ yeah, this is annoying me since weeks now. A mod already fixed that if I remember right, so it can't be such a big deal?

BIS_fnc_vectorDirAndUpRelative is broken.  

It returns [array,array]

Looks like it's missing the params entry to define the inputs.  It was there some time ago so not sure why it's missing now but anyway:

Here is the function:

/*
    Author: 
        Killzone_Kid

Description:
        Returns vectorDirAndUp of object 1 relative to object 2

Parameter(s):
        0: [Object] - object 1
        1: [Object] - object 2
        2: [Boolean] - (Optional) if true - result is in render scope, false - simulation scope. Default: true

Returns:
        [Array] in format [vectorDir, vectorUp]

Example:
        _vectorDirAndUp = [tank, car] call BIS_fnc_vectorDirAndUpRelative;
*/

/// --- validate input
#include "..\paramsCheck.inc"
#define arr [objNull,objNull]
paramsCheck(_this,isEqualTypeParams,arr)
if (_visual isEqualTo true) exitWith
{
    [
        _obj2 vectorWorldToModelVisual vectorDirVisual _obj1,
        _obj2 vectorWorldToModelVisual vectorUpVisual _obj1
    ]
};
[
    _obj2 vectorWorldToModel vectorDir _obj1,
    _obj2 vectorWorldToModel vectorUp _obj1
]

This works:

/*
    Author: 
        Killzone_Kid

Description:
        Returns vectorDirAndUp of object 1 relative to object 2

Parameter(s):
        0: [Object] - object 1
        1: [Object] - object 2
        2: [Boolean] - (Optional) if true - result is in render scope, false - simulation scope. Default: true

Returns:
        [Array] in format [vectorDir, vectorUp]

Example:
        _vectorDirAndUp = [tank, car] call BIS_fnc_vectorDirAndUpRelative;
*/

/// --- validate input
#include "..\paramsCheck.inc"
#define arr [objNull,objNull]
paramsCheck(_this,isEqualTypeParams,arr)
params ["_obj1","_obj2",["_visual",true]]; // <====================== this line is missing
if (_visual isEqualTo true) exitWith
{
    [
        _obj2 vectorWorldToModelVisual vectorDirVisual _obj1,
        _obj2 vectorWorldToModelVisual vectorUpVisual _obj1
    ]
};
[
    _obj2 vectorWorldToModel vectorDir _obj1,
    _obj2 vectorWorldToModel vectorUp _obj1
]

16 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Will the ticket I raised regarding the clipping of 2 pieces of Laws of War equipment be addressed before official release?

Hi, very likely not sadly. It's not feasible in A3 character gear tech to avoid all clipping. We've adjusted asset meshes and skinning over the course of development to fit as best as possible together, but there are going to be cases that will not work well together visually. This applies also to combinations between existing vanilla gear. We'll try if it's somehow possible to solve without side effects here. The risk of adjusting them to solve this case is that usually it creates clipping for another combination.

• Like 5