https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125357

BIS, place it on HOT

On 14.07.2017 at 10:27 PM, -LUGER- said:

Quick question, you know when you are prone by a rock and your character points his upper body towards the sky, is that a bug or not? Cause it's present in the latest dev build and it's really annoying. Anyone else experiencing this ?

http://imgur.com/a/iviFp

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120511

Similar tickets. Have a common - bad interaction of weapons with the environment. This still has no priority.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T85691

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T81982

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T82167

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T71574

4 hours ago, lex__1 said:

whats also very frustrating with weapon environment interaction is when deploying the bipod actually can move your weapon off target! and then does not allow you to even point in the direction of the thing you wanted to hit. multiple feedback reports have been  made for this.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124077

• Like 3

When the bipod is installed, pressing the body to the ground depresses. I should be able to move the body (left and right) around the bipod axis. The keys are left and right, fold the bipod and the body moves parallel to its position.

preview-bipod.jpg

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123368

• Like 1

Tweaked: The Bobcat's plow is now animated 

What does that mean? I checked the animationSource and the only thing it does is to give it a shadow now if you set it to 1. Is it supposed to be like that or should it be able to lower the plow now?

vehicle player  animateSource ["MovePlow",0,true]

Doesn't seem to work. It only creates a weird bug with the shadow of the plow.

Btw: Nice change to the watch edit boxes of the debug console!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Doesn't seem to work. It only creates a weird bug with the shadow of the plow.

Btw: Nice change to the watch edit boxes of the debug console!

Thanks, so it's not just me :) and yep, nice additions - still need to figure out what the box under the code box does. Maybe you now it already? Nevermind, it's just the same as the watch boxes if you exec a code

4 minutes ago, TrueCruel_Nobody said:

Thanks, so it's not just me :) and yep, nice additions - still need to figure out what the box under the code box does. Maybe you now it already?

Not yet.

@Devs: Would it be possible that the "Copy Result" button of the debug console could also copy the executed code + how many times it ran?

Result: xxxx ms

Cycles: 8592/10000

Code: sqrt -1

15 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Not yet.

@Devs: Would it be possible that the "Copy Result" button of the debug console could also copy the executed code + how many times it ran?

Result: xxxx ms

Cycles: 8592/10000

Code: sqrt -1

Good idea! Here is the rest of changelog:

• Expression execution result field is added
  • The execution result field shows result of local execution of the expression code
  • In MP the execution result field shows remote result for server execution
  • Watch fields execution is now paused when user edits the watch expression, and resumes on change of focus or enter key
  • Tab and arrow navigation of debug console UI now works properly and in correct order
  • Availability of debug console extra function buttons is unified across the modes and editor
  • From the code performance dialog, a user can now choose to either copy the result to clipboard or not
  • Large code displayed in code performance dialog is trimmed so the dialog doesn't get over stretched
  • HTML chars in performance test code are now ignored in the results dialog
  • Other improvements including minor bugs and annoyances fixes

• Like 3

With these nice updates on the debug console, would it be possible to have the ability to remote execute code on a specified target player added? Through like a combo box or something? Would be a great addition.

From the code performance dialog, a user can now choose to either copy the result to clipboard or not

Perfect, no accidentally overwriting of code in the clipboard....

11 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Perfect, no accidentally overwriting of code in the clipboard....

I know, right? :)

• Like 3

I wonder if the Bobcat plow being able to move (even if it's broken RN) insinuates towards some sort of enhanced repair mechanics or ability to flip vehicles? Probably not though, most likely one of those little detail additions for very specific mission or mod use!

Also looks like some (broken) mine detector stuff slipped in with the update, including detection sounds. I also wonder if these new additions are related to each other and a particular soon-to-come DLC?

I don't know. By my experience, everything BI gets into the game this way has a special purpose. Truth told, though, the Bobcat is puzzling me ever since it was added to the game. I mean, what exactly is the point of it other than its looks? Neither CSAT nor AAF have anything similar, and the only time we ever see it getting used is in the Armed Assault showcase for like 20 seconds... and I honestly doubt they made the model just for that (the scene is somewhat semi-broken, by the way. The tracks / wheels aren't really moving anymore and this whole "pushing vehicle" thing looks kinda awkward now).

Really makes me curious for what it has been intended, originally.

PS: I srsly wouldn't mind seeing a Kamysh with a mineplow or similar. Just saying.

Of course, I'd rather see it possible to Turn Out in the Kamysh.

In fact, I'd very much like to see this happening.

Pls.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lexx said:

I don't know. By my experience, everything BI gets into the game this way has a special purpose. Truth told, though, the Bobcat is puzzling me ever since it was added to the game. I mean, what exactly is the point of it other than its looks? Neither CSAT nor AAF have anything similar, and the only time we ever see it getting used is in the Armed Assault showcase for like 20 seconds... and I honestly doubt they made the model just for that (the scene is somewhat semi-broken, by the way. The tracks / wheels aren't really moving anymore and this whole "pushing vehicle" thing looks kinda awkward now).

Also, when sling loading was introduced I hoped that the bobcat's arm would become animated so we can transport containers and other stuff with it.

Can anyone confirm the following bug?

Every time I select an entry in the list box on the right, that tiny scrollbar appears, once I deselect, it disappears again.(See images)

http://imgur.com/a/tSiia

Edit: Also tested with no mods, same bug.

5 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Can anyone confirm the following bug?

Every time I select an entry in the list box on the right, that tiny scrollbar appears, once I deselect, it disappears again.(See images)

http://imgur.com/a/tSiia

Edit: Also tested with no mods, same bug.

Nope, doesn't happen on my side.

Just checking - i'm getting rpt errors when loading my custom vehicles, but i'm extremely certain that i have never defined anything like it in the config (and can't find anything either):

c:\w\dev\futura\el\evaluator\express.cpp(617) : Assertion failed '_context'
Error compiling '0.6*(HitGun01TR + HitGun01TL + HitGun01BR + HitGun01BL)' in 'HitGun'

Does this have something to do with recent work on turret hitpoints? Should i ignored it for now? Or am i getting mad?

guys check my 3 last bug report because no-one is paying attention... really annoying bug. Especially the server log bug

23 hours ago, TrueCruel_Nobody said:

What does that mean? I checked the animationSource and the only thing it does is to give it a shadow now if you set it to 1. Is it supposed to be like that or should it be able to lower the plow now?

Thanks for noticing, it seems that there was typo in selection. It should be fine tomorrow.

• Like 3

Thanks for that quick tweak.

Tweaked: The 'COPY RESULT' button now copies the whole result rather than just the timing 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lexx said:

The Bobcat is a CRV (Combat Recovery Vehicle),  It repairs, refuels and rearms other vehicles instantly :shock:. Plus unlike other factions repair/fuel/ammo trucks, it's well armored.
Not sure if even soldiers can heal themselves next to it. That should be tested.

I'd say that makes it's one of the most powerful assets in the game in correct hands.

• Like 1

Guess that makes sense. It's not in the support category, unlike the trucks, which is probably why I never noticed that.

@killzone_kid Do you reckon it would be possible to have the idea of the ability to execute code in the debug console on a certain player? Would be a cool feature to have with these other recent improvements to the debug console.

Good work on the code perf improvements.

Could you add an option into the functions viewer to only recompile mission defined Functions and not ones in config?  Or to recompile only the function you have highlighted in the list?

Currently, depending on what you have loaded, it can take a while, plus it fills up the rpt when recompiling everything.

Thanks.

After the last update, 1.74 noticed the bad behavior of AI.

When I am killed and after the revival AI withdraw from their assigned positions, they can get out of the cars or vice versa, get into the cars, throw control of stationary guns.
This leads to chaos in the fighting position of the AI, which I built up to death.

It is very distracting, takes a lot of time for AI assignments to the previous positions. This stupid independence in behavior AI annoying.
Previously, this happened, only in one case, when I accidentally killed friendly troops and temporarily lost control over AI.
Who else gets it?