10 hours ago, Von Quest said:

Idea/Request -- You can not use anything in your Backpack.

Anything you want to use like Magazines, Smoke, First Aid, etc. would need to be in your Vest or Uniform. Backpacks are transport ONLY.

Not only would this be way more realistic, but it solves a HUGE problem with Explosives being accidentally placed from the outdated scroll-wheel menu. All Explosives kept in your Backpack would be safe. I've lost count on how many times we've been blown-up, hours into a good mission from an accidental Bouncing Betty.  *kaboom*

It's better to create a "backpack" action in the action menu, which opens a menu of actions with backpack items.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lex__1 said:

It's better to create a "backpack" action in the action menu, which opens a menu of actions with backpack items.

You wanna add more options to the Action menu..

FMYuXfw.gif

• Like 4

4 hours ago, froggyluv said:

You wanna add more options to the Action menu..

FMYuXfw.gif

Yes. The action "backpack" in the action menu, which opens the menu of actions with items of the backpack:
- treat - for first-aid kit
- install explosives - for explosives ...... and other actions for items from the backpack.

This menu format would help a lot to change for the action menu. Shorten the main action list and organize the available actions in the action submenu.

• Like 1

@killzone_kid

You broke BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler by changing it to use compile format! Object references don't survive being stringified and recompiled unless they have a vehicle var name.

10 hours ago, dedmen said:

You know what happens when you pass an Object or a Marker or a Task or basically anything that's not a string/number/bool inside _arguments right? right?! Also this will make addStackedEH suffer from https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123355

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

Yes. The action "backpack" in the action menu, which opens the menu of actions with items of the backpack:
- treat - for first-aid kit
- install explosives - for explosives ...... and other actions for items from the backpack.

This menu format would help a lot to change for the action menu. Shorten the main action list and organize the available actions in the action submenu.

Actually, you just clutter it. The menu is already rather short now, and I see absolutely no reason to add sub-menus of some sort.

Instead of doing all this just to prevent accidental explosive placements, I'd rather see the option to pickup placed explosives again. I once had to restart one of the campaign hub missions, because I accidentally placed the last explosive charge and the game wouldn't let me continue, because it wanted me to have an explosive charge in my inventory... but there was none to loot anymore.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, x3kj said:

How was this fixed? Via hitpoint dependency, or via hardcoding? If it is the later i vote for removal of this, or at least implementation of a config parameter to controll this.

Because it makes no sense that when the main turretring is damaged (therefore turret is stuck), that the commander can't use his mg cupola on top of the turret properly anymore. This is a step backwards - tailored to fit only special configurations and setups that are vanilla alike.

I'm sorry for the confusion, it's actually the other way around - damage to main turret doesn't disable the secondary one anymore. I'm sorry for the confusion, I'll try to formulate it better in the changelog.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lexx said:

Actually, you just clutter it. The menu is already rather short now, and I see absolutely no reason to add sub-menus of some sort.

Instead of doing all this just to prevent accidental explosive placements, I'd rather see the option to pickup placed explosives again. I once had to restart one of the campaign hub missions, because I accidentally placed the last explosive charge and the game wouldn't let me continue, because it wanted me to have an explosive charge in my inventory... but there was none to loot anymore.

Menu of actions short. But when there is an environment near you in the menu many actions appear.
When you in the movement and on the earth are objects, an environment is near. In the menu there is a disorder and there is a high probability to make incorrect action.
It doesn't disturb me. I am disturbed by offers - to make backpack objects inaccessible in the menu of actions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pettka said:

I'm sorry for the confusion, it's actually the other way around - damage to main turret doesn't disable the secondary one anymore. I'm sorry for the confusion, I'll try to formulate it better in the changelog.

Haha I was wondering about this. Lil Rusty at the oul changelogs now huh? 

As for the backpack idea. It's a lil confusing these 2 lexs going at it. Best friends, forced to do battle.

Forget the explosives example for a second.  I'll get to that. 

I was playing on a mp coop /pvp server yesterday.  And was pondering this backpack idea. How would it change everything I was doing. 

For one making my loadout. I would have to be more aware of what was going in this backpack as I'd need time to get at it. 

Engaging with at. I'd need to factor in this reaching into my bag to get the ammo adding to overall reload time. 

Basically the restricted backpack would be like optics or gun attachments, you need time and a safe place in cover to do what needs to be done.

Good -It would add extra tension. I guess kinda immersion, need to be more tactical.

Ok the bad- can you imagine how fiddly it will be. you want to put an rgo in your vest. but with this restriction backpack. you gotta play a game of tetris moving stuff back and forward because of the different space consumption different equipment uses. In practice this might be a nightmare with a full chestrig and wanting to make a small swap means moving 3 items around. Not fun. Possibly Frustrating as fuck.

Maybe a compromise, make AT ammo like optics and gun attachments.  has to be done via dragging it in, no quick reload. 

The explosives idea. I gotta say, it is a pain not being able to pick them back up. I cannot see the gameplay purpose in this at all zero benefit. Maybe I'm missing it, because I also failed the showcase were you steal the hunter. Put it down then realised I needed it for the radio tower at end. Was thinking why the f, can't you pick these back up.

I for one would be happy if you had to manually drag the AT missile/rocket into the launcher, instead of just using the "Reload" action.

Cheers

• Like 4

13 hours ago, R3vo said:

Has anyone else got problems with the UI? For me, sometimes buttons have no background colour or like in the images below, the header element turns white or the briefing background has no background colour.

This happens on vanilla 1.72.14

http://imgur.com/a/2Y6a5

http://imgur.com/a/stWoS

Apologies for double post. separate issue and didn't want to address 4 in one. 

Yeah Revo been like this I believe since apex dev branch testing /release. .I cannot remember before then.

4 hours ago, commy2 said:

@killzone_kid

You broke BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler by changing it to use compile format! Object references don't survive being stringified and recompiled unless they have a vehicle var name.

I haven't touched it, but thanks for having faith in me

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

I for one would be happy if you had to manually drag the AT missile/rocket into the launcher, instead of just using the "Reload" action.

Cheers

It's counter intuitive, though. Every weapon reloads with reload hotkey... why the launchers not, suddenly? It's adding to the confusion.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, lexx said:

It's counter intuitive, though. Every weapon reloads with reload hotkey... why the launchers not, suddenly? It's adding to the confusion.

If it was for me you'd have to manually drag every magazine into the respective weapon instead of just clicking the reload action.

You'd have to pull the mag out of your uniform/vest/backpack anyway.

This would also prevent players from reloading after firing only one single round.

Cheers

• Like 3

But would it really? You still can reload after firing a single round, you just have to press like 3 more buttons for that and hope not to die of lag instead of just hitting R.

• Like 2

To me, the point of keeping things tactical often INVOLVES pressing more buttons. Its just totally unrealistic to have grenades in a back pack be as readily available as if they were in  a side pouch or whatever. i dont know -i like real life type action and response. Id like to see units actually have to reach for things and what not -it adds a whole new level of minute decision making -and thats fun for me. Personally I keep the weapon sway very high so that when I need to take the shot I have to time it with an awkward pinky spraining Cntrl key pressdown to time my breath -I find shots made way more satisfying this way, as the Vanilla system is just way too easy. Popping a guy out at 400m Vanilla on one shot is ho-hum, this method makes it memorable.

I guess different people enjoy different aspects of gaming but I think condensing everything down to one button kinda kills the whole reason to game.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

To me, the point of keeping things tactical often INVOLVES pressing more buttons. Its just totally unrealistic to have grenades in a back pack be as readily available as if they were in  a side pouch or whatever. i dont know -i like real life type action and response. Id like to see units actually have to reach for things and what not -it adds a whole new level of minute decision making -and thats fun for me. Personally I keep the weapon sway very high so that when I need to take the shot I have to time it with an awkward pinky spraining Cntrl key pressdown to time my breath -I find shots made way more satisfying this way, as the Vanilla system is just way too easy. Popping a guy out at 400m Vanilla on one shot is ho-hum, this method makes it memorable.

I guess different people enjoy different aspects of gaming but I think condensing everything down to one button kinda kills the whole reason to game.

This for me is where the new tac ops dlc can be made with more depth with a bigger vision. offer the more mil sim side of arma a slice of heaven. hell even branch out to more opportunities.  

maybe done in a mission mode bis make themselves. give the option for a mod free mil sim version. i'd pay for that. would be a good opportunity to  give bis a real perspective of how popular this more mil sim style can be. I dunno.  it would take some real thought behind it.

• Like 1

I pray this for years: I do not like the action menu at all, it must be killed/terminated/removed.

It is the cause for so many unwanted accidents.

Just play&copy from other games.

BI style having almost all actions in one flat scroll-list is so...so....1985 :-)

Context related GUI design is the key.

The new stackedEH also doesn't have some of the extra local variables the the old commands provided.

["zxzz", "onMapSingleClick", {
    systemChat format ["click: %1", _pos];
}] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;

On 1.72 it will do "click: [343, 23, 0]" - `_pos` is defined from `onMapSingleClick` command

On Dev it's just "click: any" - `_pos` is undefined when using `addMissionEventHandler ["MapSingleClick", {`

Quick question, you know when you are prone by a rock and your character points his upper body towards the sky, is that a bug or not? Cause it's present in the latest dev build and it's really annoying. Anyone else experiencing this ?

http://imgur.com/a/iviFp

Edited by -LUGER-
image insert
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, -LUGER- said:

Quick question, you know when you are prone by a rock and your character points his upper body towards the sky, is that a bug or not? Cause it's present in the latest dev build and it's really annoying. Anyone else experiencing this ?

I think this is simulating your barrel/rifle/body hitting the rock and having to go somewhere.  Kind of like when you try to turn with your rifle up and you're near a wall or tree trunk.  You can move until you put the rifle in the low-ready.

1 hour ago, -LUGER- said:

Luger if it is what I think it is. Before this when you rubbed up against the wall it would make your character stand up. Getting your face shot off. This may be a trade off.

There is a small bug in the bootcamp scenario. The sign says "Grenades Firing Range" where the Kart track is.

QkQjonN.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R3vo said:

There is a small bug in the bootcamp scenario. The sign says "Grenades Firing Range" where the Kart track is.

QkQjonN.jpg

bahahah leave it.

• Like 1

So I just tried to submit a mission to the workshop again and realized that I can't get rid of the multiplayer tag. I remember this being the case already a long time ago, then it was fixed, now it is back? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong, no idea.