Both current stable and dev branch have weird formatting of labels for Markers. The labels are botton-aligned instead of centered.

10 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Both current stable and dev branch have weird formatting of labels for Markers. The labels are botton-aligned instead of centered.

Hi,
It should be fixed soon, thanks for the feedback. :)

• Like 4

On 7/6/2017 at 10:57 AM, R3vo said:

Any update on this issue? https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125388

Seems like Eden eventhandlers are sometimes not executed when the Editor is directly opened via the startup paramter.

Hello,
we will look at it, thanks for the catch! :)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, -LUGER- said:

In 3den editor using the filter on custom compositions doesn't work no more in the latest Dev build, can anyone else confirm this?

16 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Same here.

Hello,
I am not able to reproduce this. Custom composition are properly listed in Assets - Compositions .
Could you please provide more informations/steps to reproduce? 

• Like 2

On 7.7.2017 at 10:31 PM, Larrow said:

How about we don't break existing scripts/missions available in the community. Something like..

Reveal hidden contents

/*
	Author: Nelson Duarte

Description:
	This function adds a new item that will be stacked and called upon event handler selected has been executed

Parameter(s):
	_this select 0:	STRING			- The unique ID of the item inside the stack
	_this select 1:	STRING			- The onXxx event handler to monitor and execute code upon
	_this select 2:	STRING or CODE	- The function name or code to execute upon the event triggering
	_this select 3:	ANY				- Arguments passed to function/code

Returns:
	STRING - The stacked item ID
*/

// Parameters
params [["_id", "", [""]], ["_event", "", [""]], ["_code", {}, [{}]], ["_arguments", [], [[]]]];

// Supported event handlers - for backwards compatability
private _supportedEvents = ["oneachframe", "onpreloadstarted", "onpreloadfinished", "onmapsingleclick", "onplayerconnected", "onplayerdisconnected"];

// Validate event type
if !(toLower _event in _supportedEvents) exitWith
{
	["Stack with ID (%1) could not be added because the Event (%2) is not supported or does not exist. Supported Events (%3)", _id, _event, _supportedEvents] call BIS_fnc_error;
};

// Mission namespace id
private _namespaceId 	= "BIS_stackedEventHandlers_";
private _namespaceEvent = _namespaceId + _event;

// The data
private _data	= missionNamespace getVariable [_namespaceEvent, []];
private _index	= -1;

// Go through all event handler data and find if id is already defined, if so, we override it
{
	// Item id
	private _itemId	= _x param [0, "", [""]];

// Is this the correct one?
	if (_id == _itemId) exitWith
	{
		_index = _forEachIndex;
	};
}
forEach _data;

private _objects = [];
{
	if ( _x isEqualType objNull ) then {
		private _nul = _objects pushBack [ _forEachIndex, _x call BIS_fnc_netId ];
		_arguments set[ _forEachIndex, nil ];
	};
}forEach _arguments;

private _header = "
	_arguments = %1;
	{
		_x params[ '_index', '_id' ];
		_arguments set[ _index, _id call BIS_fnc_objectFromNetId ];
	}forEach %3;
";

private _headerWithArgs = _header + "( _this + _arguments ) call %2;";
_header = _header + "_arguments call %2;";

// Is data related to event empty
// If so, we need to initialize it
private _i = switch (toLower _event) do
{
	case "oneachframe" : 			{ addMissionEventHandler ["EachFrame", compile format [_header, _arguments, _code, _objects]]; };
	case "onpreloadstarted" : 		{ addMissionEventHandler ["PreloadStarted", compile format [_header, _arguments, _code, _objects]]; };
	case "onpreloadfinished" : 		{ addMissionEventHandler ["PreloadFinished", compile format [_header, _arguments, _code, _objects]]; };
	case "onmapsingleclick" : 		{ addMissionEventHandler ["MapSingleClick", compile format [_headerWithArgs, _arguments, _code, _objects]]; };
	case "onplayerconnected" : 		{ addMissionEventHandler ["PlayerConnected", compile format [_headerWithArgs, _arguments, _code, _objects]]; };
	case "onplayerdisconnected" : 	{ addMissionEventHandler ["PlayerDisconnected", compile format [_headerWithArgs, _arguments, _code, _objects]]; };
};

// Add new item, or override old one with same id
if (_index == -1) then
{
	// Add
	_data set [count _data, [_id, _event, _i]];
}
else
{
	// Override
	_data set [_index, [_id, _event, _i]];
};

// Store in namespace
missionNameSpace setVariable [_namespaceEvent, _data];

// Log
["Stack as been updated with ID (%1) for Event (%2), Replaced: (%3)", _id, _event, _index != -1] call BIS_fnc_logFormat;

// Return
_id;

It may add some overhead but at least its not breaking content already available. Anyone who is still around and gives a damn has likely updated their content but if not at least BI wont be breaking it.

Feedback Ticket for this issue:
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126078

1 hour ago, Karloff said:

Hello,
I am not able to reproduce this. Custom composition are properly listed in Assets - Compositions .
Could you please provide more informations/steps to reproduce? 

They are properly listed indeed, but one cannot search through the tree view by using the search edit control.

4 hours ago, Karloff said:

Hello,
we will look at it, thanks for the catch! :)

Awesome, thanks!

• Like 1

So this is an odd question to ask and maybe the wrong place for it, but does anyone remember at one point around the launch of FFV being able to shoot out of the Co-Pilot seat of the Hummingbird? I remember reading it in a dev branch changelog and actually testing it out in the editor but at some point possibly before the release of FFV or maybe after it was seemingly removed. If this did actually exist and I'm not going crazy, what was the reasoning behind it being removed?

On 07/06/2017 at 2:02 PM, Karloff said:

Hello,
noted and sent to our Art devs. :)

Thanks for your feedback! 

Hi Karloff,

Any news on the clutter pop-in issue? https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124606

Apparently no one is assigned to it yet. emo.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, slowrider8 said:

So this is an odd question to ask and maybe the wrong place for it, but does anyone remember at one point around the launch of FFV being able to shoot out of the Co-Pilot seat of the Hummingbird? I remember reading it in a dev branch changelog and actually testing it out in the editor but at some point possibly before the release of FFV or maybe after it was seemingly removed. If this did actually exist and I'm not going crazy, what was the reasoning behind it being removed?

It existed but was removed due to some problems (can't remember specifics...). I also would like it back if possible

New gamebreaker since one of the latest updates. AI is firing at empty objects like mortars, static AT´s and such. makes them waste all the ammo they got.

Idea/Request -- You can not use anything in your Backpack.

Anything you want to use like Magazines, Smoke, First Aid, etc. would need to be in your Vest or Uniform. Backpacks are transport ONLY.

Not only would this be way more realistic, but it solves a HUGE problem with Explosives being accidentally placed from the outdated scroll-wheel menu. All Explosives kept in your Backpack would be safe. I've lost count on how many times we've been blown-up, hours into a good mission from an accidental Bouncing Betty.  *kaboom*

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, Von Quest said:

THIS!

It would also stop grenade spam. This is how it was in Arma 2, and that was a good thing! Since there is a lot of loadouts that have an insane number of rockets in their backpack, it would also slow down the amount of missiles a player or AI can put on target.

• Like 2

Can some dev shed some light on this from the dev branch changelog?

Changed: Improved civilian base class event handler inheritance for better compatibility with community addons

I'd also like to know more of this: 

• Added: Light when firing launcher, also moved light and smoke effects from ammo to weapon itself for NLAW and Titan

Thank you, devs!

1 hour ago, Von Quest said:

Anything you want to use like Magazines, Smoke, First Aid, etc. would need to be in your Vest or Uniform. Backpacks are transport ONLY.

Not only would this be way more realistic, but it solves a HUGE problem with Explosives being accidentally placed from the outdated scroll-wheel menu. All Explosives kept in your Backpack would be safe. I've lost count on how many times we've been blown-up, hours into a good mission from an accidental Bouncing Betty.  *kaboom*

Seems ok but when using rockets/missiles, if your vest isn't big enough to hold one and reload normally (R key), then you have to open the inventory and move a missile from backpack to the ammo slot on the launcher.

I don't particularly mind this, but some folk would see it as counter-intuitive (having a reload button that does nothing or only works if you have a big vest).

Other than that, it seems a fine idea.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Von Quest said:

Maybe just change explosives planting to some key?

I wouldn't like this backpack shuffling.

3 hours ago, inlesco said:

I'd also like to know more of this: 

• Added: Light when firing launcher, also moved light and smoke effects from ammo to weapon itself for NLAW and Titan

Thank you, devs!

I made change that when you fire from launcher, there will be also some light coming from back of launcher. Before there were only smoke and fire particles, but that fire particle didn't produce any light.
Also I found some small bug which which will be included in tomorrow's dev branch update, so please wait for tomorrow for proper version of this :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Von Quest said:

IMO, it is good if we can choose ability to use something in backpack by difficulty.

BTW, here is not good place to request?

Fixed: The commander's turret still worked even if the main turret was broken

How was this fixed? Via hitpoint dependency, or via hardcoding? If it is the later i vote for removal of this, or at least implementation of a config parameter to controll this.

Because it makes no sense that when the main turretring is damaged (therefore turret is stuck), that the commander can't use his mg cupola on top of the turret properly anymore. This is a step backwards - tailored to fit only special configurations and setups that are vanilla alike.

• Like 1

On 7.7.2017 at 0:06 PM, killzone_kid said:

But you are, even if you don't know about it ;)

case "oneachframe" : 			{ addMissionEventHandler ["EachFrame", compile format ["%1 call %2", _arguments, _code]]; };

this is from BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler

You know what happens when you pass an Object or a Marker or a Task or basically anything that's not a string/number/bool inside _arguments right? right?! Also this will make addStackedEH suffer from https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123355

• Like 2

Has anyone else got problems with the UI? For me, sometimes buttons have no background colour or like in the images below, the header element turns white or the briefing background has no background colour.

This happens on vanilla 1.72.14

http://imgur.com/a/2Y6a5

http://imgur.com/a/stWoS

• Like 1