Okay I've tested and the Buzzard definitely cannot take off on any of Tanoa's airstrips and even has difficulty on Altis.

I'm having similar issues with the To-199 but it's not as bad as the Buzzard.

Still having the instant CTD when firing any weapons non-default from the Neophron, will post a video shortly and create a ticket.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Vasily.B said:

Is there any way to back into 1.5X version of game?

Unfortunately not :( Personally I wanted to get the version of the game prior to APEX. Only reason to get back the old visual looks of the game.

1 hour ago, nikiforos said:

Unfortunately not :( Personally I wanted to get the version of the game prior to APEX. Only reason to get back the old visual looks of the game.

Unfortunately it seems that "not having to deal with issues stemming from people playing on older game versions" was one of the reasons for Steamworks...

On 4/1/2017 at 11:32 PM, gatordev said:

Not sure if this is a bug, so looking for confirmation before I report anything...

Since the Artillery Module was supposedly fixed, I should be able to order artillery (or mortars) to fire more than one round at a time.  However, as of Thursday (haven't tried Friday's update), when I ask for support, I only get one round on target (this is with a mortar).  It's very accurate, but only one round.  Is anyone else seeing this?  Admittedly this was on a 3rd party map via CUP, but I'm not thinking that would effect the actual salvo number.

Hi,
this issue was already fixed in previous versions. I tried Mortar module in 3den editor on latest steam dev version and it worked as it should. Could you give me more informations?
Thanks and have a nice day! :) 

• Like 2

On 4/1/2017 at 2:40 PM, darksidesixofficial said:

It's impossible running up straight center runway, with flaps in any position. You will 100% hit the yellow posts and die at the end, either instantly or by gear clipping it. Only way I took off was by angling to the right where there is minimal objects. For a main runway this size, Buzzard needs a slight tweak... unless it's intended. Perhaps hope for flaps finally working? As on take off they have nearly no effect.

On 4/1/2017 at 3:42 PM, escforreality said:

I've had the same problem but on smaller runways with the Buzzard, it didn't seem to go over about 160km/hr before the runways ended. Also although I like the new percent applied throttle in Jets, how does one now land? I'm having a hard time reducing speed to land and end up gliding over the runway, flaps or no flaps.  

On 4/1/2017 at 5:21 AM, darksidesixofficial said:

Not sure what on earth happened, but the Buzzard cannot even take off from the Aéroport de Tanoa without hitting everything at the runway. 

Lazy Buzzard - Solving is already in progress and should be fixed soon. Stay tuned. 
Thank you all. :))

Note: There is a Plane Movement - Action "Wheel Brake" (unbinded) for Air Brake, so if you would like to slow down / stop your plane on the ground use it - bind it at first. Please, don't be confused by the name of the Action - its still WIP. 

• Like 5

On 4/1/2017 at 10:32 PM, gatordev said:

Not sure if this is a bug, so looking for confirmation before I report anything...

Since the Artillery Module was supposedly fixed, I should be able to order artillery (or mortars) to fire more than one round at a time.  However, as of Thursday (haven't tried Friday's update), when I ask for support, I only get one round on target (this is with a mortar).  It's very accurate, but only one round.  Is anyone else seeing this?  Admittedly this was on a 3rd party map via CUP, but I'm not thinking that would effect the actual salvo number.

Testing this today on dev branch. Altis. Scorcher and mortar was firing all rounds as it should be since fix? 

On 4/2/2017 at 9:10 AM, Imperator[TFD] said:

Okay I've tested and the Buzzard definitely cannot take off on any of Tanoa's airstrips and even has difficulty on Altis.

I'm having similar issues with the To-199 but it's not as bad as the Buzzard.

Still having the instant CTD when firing any weapons non-default from the Neophron, will post a video shortly and create a ticket.

About the CTD - we found the problem. It should be fixed soon. :)

Thanks

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Karloff said:

About the CTD - we found the problem. It should be fixed soon. :)

Thanks

Thanks for the update, I look forward to testing it!

• Like 1

@killzone_kid

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getCursorObjectParams

can we get getCursorObjectParams extended to support distance to the named selection, or distance to the nearest surface intersection (such as that returned by lineIntersectsSurfaces)?

distance to the objects model center is not so useful as distance to the named object selection the player is looking at.

basically this: 

Array - [cursorObject, cursorObjectNamedSel, distToCursorObject, distToSurface]

when using *diag.exe  i get this spammed several times in the rpt when loading altis:

Error: Binarize missed persistence for 'Land_wpp_Turbine_V2_F'. Check model properties for 'a3\structures_f\ind\windpowerplant\wpp_turbine_v2_f.p3d', simulation 'house'
 if simulation in config is 'church' then model property class in P3D have to be 'church' too
 if reflectors or markerLights present in config then property class in P3D have to be 'tower'

• Like 1

Just a thought, rebind vectoring to V and airbrake to X? Just like how X is brake for cars.

1 hour ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

extended to support distance to the named selection

AFAIK the distance is to the GEOM selection not to the object center. BIKI naming could be misleading

14 hours ago, Karloff said:

Hi,
this issue was already fixed in previous versions. I tried Mortar module in 3den editor on latest steam dev version and it worked as it should. Could you give me more informations?

Let me play with it some more tonight.  The issue I was having was different than the previous issue.  Previously, I would get the Salvo menu where I could pick the number of rounds and then it would just shoot one round.  Now I don't get the salvo menu, I just get to pick the artillery piece and then it fires.

BUT, let me look at it again and make sure I wasn't using a third party mod (other than CUP terrains), as it's possible one slipped in there.

Got alot of crashes ref mem/ access violation playing the gunship showcase.

So Set up in editor . 1 default kajman gunship for test purpose (not the black one what ever that about) get your gunner to target with cannon the military structures on hill near the main Altis airbase. and order to fire. got several repros doing this.. the targeting might be the factor. it caused instant crash my last test. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

AFAIK the distance is to the GEOM selection not to the object center. BIKI naming could be misleading

Is it distance from player to selection or camera to selection (such as with positionCameraToWorld stuff)?

9 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

Got alot of crashes ref mem/ access violation playing the gunship showcase.

So Set up in editor . 1 default kajman gunship for test purpose (not the black one what ever that about) get your gunner to target with cannon the military structures on hill near the main Altis airbase. and order to fire. got several repros doing this.. the targeting might be the factor. it caused instant crash my last test. 

Hi,
thanks for the great repro! Crash is reported and will be fixed soon. :)

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Nightmare515 said:

Just a thought, rebind vectoring to V and airbrake to X? Just like how X is brake for cars.

By default, the "V" key is already bound to "get out" (single press) and "eject" (double tap) actions which I find are very useful binds which should be kept as default.

However, I do agree that the "X" key is a good candidate for being bound to wheel/air brake by default due to it's similarity to the handbrake action for ground vehicles. Maybe there is another key other than "X" and "V" which vectoring could be moved to?

Personally, I will rebind vectoring to "Left Ctrl + X".

Todays update seemed to broke something on the targeting pod. The "area" mode doesn't return to the last location anymore after being forced out of it by its movement range limitations. Also the "point" mode doesn't want to track vehicles anymore.

EDIT: I think it was as actually caused by joystick axis bindings in aiming. No idea how it's related but removed those and it's working again. Sorry for jumping the gun a bit.

On 4/3/2017 at 3:38 AM, Karloff said:

Hi,

Thought I had narrowed it down to a BLUFOR mortar issue on BIS's side, but looks like RHS is the culprit.  Disregard and sorry for the false report.

9 hours ago, gatordev said:

Thought I had narrowed it down to a BLUFOR mortar issue on BIS's side, but looks like RHS is the culprit.  Disregard and sorry for the false report.

Its OK. Better safe than sorry. 

Have a nice day! :)

• Like 2

Any chance the Team Switch UI could get some small tweaks?

Right now, if one clicks on "View Unit" the map control actually blocks the view.

jV3P7rs.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, teabagginpeople said:

Can somebody confirm Titan at lock is acting up? 

In what way pls?