Just now, road runner said:

Well technically if you carried the round, you're still the same weight loaded or unloaded, the overall mass remains the same, what does happen is the gross weight of the weapon increases, once loaded, same with any weapons platform, if you're carrying for example the AT weapon and 2 rounds, your gross weight shouldn't change if you load a round into it, the weight is still on your person, however as soon as you fire, you should be 3KG's lighter or whatever the weight of the round was, as that's no longer on your person.

The players gross weight shouldn't change at all until you remove an item/ammo etc. What might be happening here is that an algorithm might be trying to compensate for the increase in the WEAPONs weight, but to do this, which makes sense when you think about it, it's adding to the players overall weight as well.

I get all that.  I'm just saying that if I am lugging around a couple hundred lbs of missiles and a launcher, I'd imagine that it would be easier to do so if most of that weight was in a backpack rather than a metal tube with sights and handles and whatnot poking out of it, slung over my shoulder.  I'm just saying that if the encumbrance system represents how easy it is for the character to move about rather than how much weight he is carrying, then it isn't that big of a bug and could even be a feature.  

My point is that trying to carry 50lbs of 2"x4"s while wearing a swimsuit would be harder than carrying 100lbs of fishing weights while wearing a backpack.

• Like 1

It's a bug. Otherwise it's unintuitive on so many levels.

There is no point arguing that "I'm lugging around this heavy thing". Start simple. Does it make sense that a guy in a uniform, a handgun in a holster and a single magazine should be heavier if the magazine is loaded in the holstered handgun, instead of sitting around in one of his pockets. No it doesn't. If anything, it's probably easier to just carry the mag in the handgun and not shuffling around in the pocket.

Arguing that this is desired behavior is like saying that the weight of the uniform should decrease if it was a really comfy uniform.

And besides, what happens when you ... put the loaded weapon in the backpack?

giphy.gif

Edited by Sniperwolf572
Added holstered thing
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Sniperwolf572 said:

It's a bug. Otherwise it's unintuitive on so many levels.

There is no point arguing that "I'm lugging around this heavy thing". Start simple. Does it make sense that a guy in a uniform, a handgun and a single magazine should be heavier if the magazine is loaded in the handgun, instead of sitting around in one of his pockets. No it doesn't. If anything, it's probably easier to just carry the mag in the handgun and not shuffling around in the pocket.

Arguing that this is desired behavior is like saying that the weight of the uniform should decrease if it was a really comfy uniform.

And besides, what happens when you ... put the loaded weapon in the backpack?

giphy.gif

its more fatiguing to carry something in your hands than in a pack or harness. maybe thats the effect they were going for.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

its more fatiguing to carry something in your hands than in a pack or harness. maybe thats the effect they were going for.

What I meant, but missed to state in my example, is that the handgun is in your holster at all times. Loaded weapon does not mean that the weapon is in your hands.

Besides, they already account for even lesser things like weapon raised/lowered in the fatigue mechanics themselves, and even more minor things in sway/recoil mechanics.

6 hours ago, Sniperwolf572 said:

It's a bug.

Fixed in the next dev (not today, tomo probably)

• Like 4

How can I use a load out I made in virtual arsenal in a wasteland server ? Any help would be awesome thank you ! If it has to be certain servers can you comments wasteland were I could use my own personal load out ? Thank you!

11 hours ago, jwllorens said:

I get all that.  I'm just saying that if I am lugging around a couple hundred lbs of missiles and a launcher, I'd imagine that it would be easier to do so if most of that weight was in a backpack rather than a metal tube with sights and handles and whatnot poking out of it, slung over my shoulder.  I'm just saying that if the encumbrance system represents how easy it is for the character to move about rather than how much weight he is carrying, then it isn't that big of a bug and could even be a feature.  

My point is that trying to carry 50lbs of 2"x4"s while wearing a swimsuit would be harder than carrying 100lbs of fishing weights while wearing a backpack.

No! Take RHS for example. It's literally impossible to carry a javelin and a single loaded missile at the same time and not become over encumbered. This is a bug plain and simple. Weight should not become heavier simply by the pure act of loading a weapon. Why are you trying to rationalize this?

EDIT: Lol I see it's fixed now. Thanks KK.

42 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

EDIT: Lol I see it's fixed now. Thanks KK.

Thank  commy2,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jango7 said:

How can I use a load out I made in virtual arsenal in a wasteland server ? Any help would be awesome thank you ! If it has to be certain servers can you comments wasteland were I could use my own personal load out ? Thank you!

afaik a major part of wasteland is looting or gathering money from players to ge better gear at gunshops (haven't played in ages though). so what you are asking seems to go against the whole idea of the game mode. arsenal is not a game feature that is meant to be accessible in the game at any time. it's more meant like something mission makers can add as they see fit.

• Like 1

A lot of bugs.

1. Mora crew bug 

2. Animation loop bug

Repro: 1) Press Ctrl + W

2) Open inventory

3. Wounded AI soldier (when lying on the ground) plays healing animation twice

4. Unnecessary stand up transition 

Repro: Crawl (with binocular) + B

5. Unsmooth transition

Repro: Run (with binocular) + press B

6. Falling on the ground animation is missing when your character equipped with binocular

Repro: Run (with binocular) + press Z

7. Bugged transition

Repro: Run (with binocular) + press V

8. Weapon deployment bugs.

9. Problems with Zafir

Repro: Use RCO or ARCO scope and deploy the weapon

10. Healing sound is not interruptible

11. Vaulting would not make any sound if you equipped with binocular

12. Sound of falling bodies is missing (A huge immersion breaker)

• Like 11

Danil-CH - numbers 1 and 3 is something that was reported loooong ago, issue with mora is easiest to fix, just make crewman invisible. Second issue (3) is about mistake in the code line.

Not fiexed since 2 years, developers, please fix this in next DevBranch

• Like 1

On 30.01.2017 at 9:45 AM, vafana said:

With a simple script, packed in pbo. format; and the problem disappears. 

Yeah, and when something will go wrong in game, anyone will ask "do you use any mods"? And nobody will help you.

PS sorry for double post

On a slightly different note. Tanoa seems to have that horrible bug with the "Fixed length loading time".

I'm not sure how to describe it. The loading time always seems to last ~15 seconds, and finishes in 15 fixed chunks, no matter if it's the first time loading, or millionth.

This used to happen with specific rifles, and the devs have fixed it for those weapons. 

I'm assuming it has something to do with one or more of the common models on the island, although I have no clue which one as it's not as simple as removing a rifle from a soldier in the previous case.

I'm sure it's something on the island, and not any kit on the rifleman as this does not happen on Stratis/Altis, and the distance from the shore plays a role.

The only place I've found on Tanoa so far where the loading time will not be problematic, is if I place myself in the top right corner of the map.

I've even narrowed it down to the two locations right next to each other that exhibit and don't exhibit this problem, only a few meters of separation.

Anyway, repro:

1) Download the repro mission from here.

2) Set view distance and object view distance to 3000 (Other video settings might play a role I guess, I'm not sure)

3) Just in case, load the mission in editor, and preview it once.

4) Switch the player to be the unit closer to shore (marked with "Slow loading" marker) and preview, observe that the loading time goes in 15 increments of ~1 second

5) Return back to the editor and switch the player to be the unit further away from the shore (marked with "Quick loading" marker)

6) Preview and observe that the loading time is almost instant (might vary depending on your machine I guess)

7) Repeat steps 4 to 6 any number of times and you should experience the same results

As this is affected by view distances, it's very important to set the view/object distance to 3000 for the repro to work, otherwise the "problem radius" moves.

Hopefully, this should be easy to find, as the object should lie somewhere in the band where the 3000m circles around two units do not overlap.

• Like 4

With Mondkalb's recent release of his Operation Blockhead mod, it came to my attention that the game doesn't verify whether the skeleton of a gear item you're trying to equip (uniform, vest, headgear, etc.) matches the skeleton of your unit's default model. In this example, if you try to put a regular NATO uniform onto a Blockhead unit model, the game will freeze and crash. A simple fix for this would be to prevent equipping gear items that don't use the same skeleton as the unit itself. If I remember correctly, uniforms and vests already have a config parameter that references a specific skeleton, so hopefully this shouldn't be a huge task.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but a "doRagdoll unit" aswell as a "doUnragdoll unit" command would be extremely useful. I realise it is already possible to ragdoll units with "unit setUnconscious true", but the implications of that command (player input disabled, lifestate changing, etc.) make it unsuitable for some scripting situations. If possible, it would be nice to have extra parameters with the "doRagdoll" command, such as a delay until automatic transition to animation, or a boolean to toggle transitioning at all.

• Like 2

On 02/02/2017 at 2:00 PM, Vasily.B said:

Yeah, and when something will go wrong in game, anyone will ask "do you use any mods"? And nobody will help you.

PS sorry for double post

Its a shame that you hold the community in such a low opinion. There are plenty of people who will try and help, but as you should know not all mods are compatible with each other. Which means identifying the issue maybe more complex.

Also not sure how what you posted has anything to do with the Dev branch. Please try to stay on topic, as a long standing member of this forum you should know the forum rules by now.

• Like 2

receiveRemoteTargets

reportRemoteTargets

reportOwnPosition

Are these currently being used by any vehicle(s) and if not do they actually work? 

Tweaked: Difficulty Settings now contain more options about displaying units on the map

OMG does this mean what I think it means and we can now reveal friendlies without having to reveal enemies???  

• Like 2

Land_HighVoltageTower_F has some weird mesh in first LOD on the supporting L-shaped beams. It looks as if there are 2 LOD inside each other.

20170204164213_11mjul.jpg

I am curious. If I make a mod that deletes all Particle Effects and enable it on server only. Will it give some performance boost on server? How much FPS will it give?

could this been implemented ?

the auto-FOV on higher speeds in vehicles is really feeling wrong if you use trackir5. would be great to have a setting-option

to switch the auto-FOV off.

could a dev please answer to it, if its possible to implement ? we asked for it so many times ;)

• Like 7

Tweaked: Continued Ambient Occlusion improvements on structures (more Intel in an upcoming SITREP) 

Is it possible to look into the visual bug with HBAO+ with multishader materials as a part of this ambient occlusion improvement?

https://a.pomf.cat/vxrwtt.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, themaster303 said:

could this been implemented ?

the auto-FOV on higher speeds in vehicles is really feeling wrong if you use trackir5. would be great to have a setting-option

to switch the auto-FOV off.

could a dev please answer to it, if its possible to implement ? we asked for it so many times ;)

I second that. Auto-FOV is a bad choice. Sometimes you just can't read the displays in cockpits if you fly or drive with maximum speed. A bad solution of simulating speed.

• Like 1

no problem, we heard you request related to the UI so the getter was logical addition to the alternate syntax improvement ...

• Like 2