Hi all, can anyone confirm that .lips files are not working correctly on Dev Branch? They seem very choppy / jerky - and they used to be very smooth! Occasionally there's no lip movement at all. I've started a ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117758. Just thought I'd mention it here, because it's quite a subtle issue, and I feel it could easily get missed.

That update lacks the balls of its bandwidth!

Not complaining, but seems rather large compared to changelog

That update lacks the balls of its bandwidth!

Not complaining, but seems rather large compared to changelog

.ebo's don't get delta patched, yadda, yadda, yadda. This is going to be the case for a while.

EG Spectator doesn't seem to work for group/side/bird respawn types anymore, not quite sure about the other ones.

Is this intended?

trackir not worling properly:

look with trackir on foot in a direction and press zoom (+numpad) dann it zooms always into an other direction

you pointed.

also if zoomed you view angle is limited and slow.

was hoping it would be fixed with the todays patch, but it was not. it unplayable in that state with trackir.

(i know its dev, just pointing it out)

• Like 2

I have a question, 

in one of the latest updates, there was a fix : 

• Fixed:  There was no dust particle effect for landed VTOLs

well i dont get it, how can they fix it when the VTOLs are still not in the dev branch ??? , did i missed something ? 

well i dont get it, how can they fix it when the VTOLs are still not in the dev branch ??? , did i missed something ? 

BI works on their own branch before releasing to dev branch.

BI works on their own branch before releasing to dev branch.

Ahhh oke , interesting. so they put the changes they have made from their own branch into the public dev branch ? 

Ahhh oke , interesting. so they put the changes they have made from their own branch into the public dev branch ? 

Yes, they have probably tons of different internal builds from which they push new features and changes to the public dev.build.

I guess they gather updates from all their devs, an post it here. A few internal updates might "leak" on devbranch changelog.

I guess they gather updates from all their devs, an post it here. A few internal updates might "leak" on devbranch changelog.

Ahh oke, seems interessting, maybe they bring the vehicles into the branch soon :) , i cant wait to fly the blackfish :P

Actually, the functionality is common for all VTOLs, even for the community made ones. So it makes sense to use to mention changes to the universal solution - there may have been scripted solutions by community, but they are now free to use the engine solution for dust particles :icon_twisted:

• Like 3

The squad radar ingame and in-settings is of a different size and position here. 1920x1200, small interface.

In game, out of screen a bit:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=703086623

Then I looked into prefernces, here it is perfectly onscreen as I have set it in prior gaming sessions... and smaller:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=703086579

i have a question about the squad radar: is that thing kind of adjustable in terms of its range? is that tied to the difficulty settings maybe? i noticed when playing with a friend that the range seems to be quite low. to a point where i'm wondering, if it's worth it to have a radar covering quite some screen space. i haven't really debugged the range yet but in many situations it felt like when it showed me stuff my bud was easy to see and really close anyways.

i understand that this is probably a balancing issue to keep things less arcadey or whatever but i'd love to be able to tweak this so the the mentioned pay off of having a big HUD element actually is actually worth it. just my 2 cents.

I think it's more for groups of people being able to easily be aware of each other's positions and formation without physically looking at them, instead of a long range mini-map kind of thing.

I think it's more for groups of people being able to easily be aware of each other's positions and formation without physically looking at them, instead of a long range mini-map kind of thing.

Yup - pretty much a form of "spacial awareness" simulation. IRL you "feel" where people are in a formation. And it is supposed to be close range only for that reason.

oh yea i know what it's for and i don't want it to be actual long range. i jsut think that the current range kind of makes it a little useless for me personally. i know it's subjective though. maybe having people shown at the very edge when out of range and slowly fade them out or something could be cool.

Just a question regarding burning , fire effects . The fire from burning vehicles is different comparing Altis to Tanoa. The fire on Altis is more bright and realistic IMO but I'm not really sure if I am the only one experiencing this .

So anyone else experiencing the same?

Can we have pics please?

New branch out on Steam:

SzsmqHX.png

Any idea what it contains?