My AI just engaged a MBT with rifles.

I repeat.

My AI

engaged

a MBT

with RIFLES.

I hope to never see this behaviour in stable branch.

My AI just engaged a MBT with rifles.

I repeat.

My AI

engaged

a MBT

with RIFLES.

I hope to never see this behaviour in stable branch.

AI is getting more human, I've seen real players do that.

• Like 1

Why wouldn't you engage an MBT with small arms? the chance of hitting optics, and periscopes are there, They used to charge at tanks on horseback !!  ;)

the chance of hitting optics, and periscopes are there

Surprisingly relevant, at least if such locational damage is actually modeled/simulated...

Modern tanks have very strong glass able to stay intact after hitting up to 12,7mm. 12,7mm can make some damage or scratch.

I've just found a bug with the dynamic group menu. When opening the group interface and starting to type, the group name will be changed for a moment, even though one is not the group leader.

Edit:

I have no clue where to post forum related issues, so I am just gonna ask it here:

Is anyone else having issues with the forum being extremly slow? Login takes ages, sometimes won't work at all until I refresh a few times and making new posts sometimes also doesn't work. Has been that way for at least a month.

• Like 1

I have no clue where to post forum related issues, so I am just gonna ask it here:

Is anyone else having issues with the forum being extremly slow? Login takes ages, sometimes won't work at all until I refresh a few times and making new posts sometimes also doesn't work. Has been that way for at least a month.

Confirmed, pages generally take time to load, and I just tried to log out and log in, I'll never do that again

Bug in Campaign mission "Wet Work", both in the Dev branch as well as the RC:

After detecting the naval mines and leaving the sub, Lt. James will start swimming in circles or standing still, and not move anymore. I was able to kill the four guys on the beach after which the mission seemingly continues, with lots of swearing from Miller about being late

EDIT: Scratch that. James and team just erratically swims around, mission cannot be completed.

EDIT2: I now loaded Varanon's Debug console and made myself Zeus. I can see that the James group still has the waypoints, they just don't do anything. I moved them manually to the beach using my godly powers and the mission continued until James hit a waypoint on the top of the ridge, at which point he just stands there doing nothing (I am assuming he likes the Visual update as much as I do). At that point, I used the Endmission cheat and was slightly annoyed at the "you cheated" message (my first thought was something like "get your AI working, then we can talk").

Come to think of it, this might be an actual example of the issues that people have been having with AI getting stuck at waypoints.

Is it just me, or are the asset previews gone from Eden? The RC Announcement lists them as a feature, yet I don't see anything of it in Eden itself.

Is it just me, or are the asset previews gone from Eden? The RC Announcement lists them as a feature, yet I don't see anything of it in Eden itself.

Gone? I've not seen them yet. Guess they'll need a little bit more time. Quite a few pictures to resize and to configure.

Confirmed, they're gone. But they were here for a very short time.

Yeah they were there for a single devbranch iteration. I would have assumed they have been canned or postponed if the RC release notes didn't mention them specifically.

Where can I find the RC changelog?

RC changelog is always simplified

What is this?

Added: Matchmaking

What is this?

There is a new tab on multiplayer which allows you to enter a few parameters ("game mode", #players etc) which automatically connects you to a server. Haven't tried it yet so no idea how good it is.

• Like 1

Small bug, the Taru Cargo pod ("Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_box_F") has a very hard to reach inventory.

At grid 142188 (Athira) the white building, all window glasses are not breakable.  :huh:

At grid 142188 (Athira) the white building, all window glasses are not breakable.  :huh:

...even the windows of the second building at 143 189 :(

DEV BRANCH INSTA CRASHES: HAS PROBLEMS WITH LONG COMMAND LINES? Or is the parser more strict?

Hi, I wanted to check dev branch with some specific mod mix. I simple start via modular .cmd scripts which is very handy. Now the dev version seems to have problems with long command lines? Which are very normal if only a few mods are used. But I am not even sure. It definitely crashes at the command line parsing (Splash screen says "Processing command line")...

Here's an example command line:

EDIT: How can I wrote behind the codebox now, I hate this forum editor.

However. I activated/deactivated mods and was not able to find out why ArmA crashes. It's not related to length and, it's weird, I cannot find it being related to any specific mod.

"C:\Disk\SSD1TB\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe"  -nosplash -skipIntro -enableHT -maxMem=6144 -exThreads=7 "-mod=@CBA_A3;@jrs3_df;@va;@sthud_a3;@st_nametags;@bzly_UIcorrections;@unit_sfx;@em;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@SSPCM;@l_suppress;@l_immerse;@l_align;@advancedballistics;@ACE3_mini;@ravage;@bzly_no_bluf_radio;@tort_dynamicWeather2;@tort_playmusic;@dawn_of_the_dead_infected_skins;@KRON_SupportCall_a3;@tort_escape;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@hlcmods_core;@hlcmods_ak;@cup_terrains_core;@cup_terrains_maps;@fsf_rayak;@Chernarus_Winter_A3;@VTR_Angel;@lite_Bornholm;@panthera_a3;@ios_objects;@ios_st_agnes;@mske-a3;@cst;@kandahar_province;@jbad;@Lingor_A3;@pianosa;@vtr_porquerolles;@prkz;@fata_a3;@smd_a3;@wake;@taviana_a3;@Imrali;@vt5;@esseker;@gunkizli;@Namalsk;OA\@ibr_dtowns;OA\@ibr_plants;@saint_kapaulio_terrain;@jbad;@rspn;OA\@brg_africa;@mbg_killhouses_a3;@kalukhan;@Chernarus_Winter_A3;@panthera_a3;@isladuala_a3" -name=Tortuosit -noLogs -filePatching      

^^^^ had it for 10 days now....

Hmm, I removed @taviana_A3 and now the complete thing runs. But still not sure, cannot test now much.

Really... hmm.. I think I have that too... I'll check as well... I would be pleased as punch if it was just one mod

anyone experiencing crashes when switching to auto mode using cyrus in RC ?