granQ

Swedish Forces Pack: 0.7.4 (Updated 27th of May)

A little bug I noticed with the new "indiska" uniform. You can't aim your primary weapon. I only tried with Kpist m/45 though.The sights are a little off to the left when it works though.

The gloves on the UNO soldiers seem a little off.

I love the mod anyway!! Me and my group have regular events every now and then using SFP, and we have for a few years now. I only wish there was an insignia for Vildmannabattaljonen too. :D

Knugen should invite granq for dinner for his work..!

Bug report.

When using the missiles on the Norrkoping from the weapons officer station (the only way to use them correct?) I select a target on land and the missile goes out but immediately hits the water.

Hello,

We use your Norrkoping ship on our warfare server. But we have some issues, the torpedoes only work from the weapons station, and the missiles only work at one angle on the ship from the 3rd person to lock on. Can you fix these issues? also its countermeasures do not work. Also the camera and missile/tracking your torpedoes does not work.

The IKV 90 or 91? is a very nice tank but has some issues, it damages itself and its tracks really easy on terrain and has no brakes to slow down!

thats odd, missiles should have been fixed in last patch. I assume you running with CBA?

I will look into it, also a major patch is coming with several new vehicles, plenty of fixes and some new gear/weapons for the infantry.

Will post more about it soon.

we have the model, so that part is easy.. making it work in a good way inside the game is the tricky part.

Since the game doesn't support a driver that turns the vehicle, perhaps its possible to track the mouse pointer

I actually did one version in arma2, but it did have some bugs... so you never know but right now we got plenty of stuff in the pipeline :)

I really hope you can get it to work, I have an unhealthy obsession with this Tank, really want to see a version in Arma, Would you be willing to give permission to have someone work on it outside the swedish forces pack? Your arma 2 model is the closest Ive seen in game. 

BIS released the 1.60 patch and we couldn't be happier so to celebrate that and the Swedish national day. 

We will release this on Monday (6th of June), but let me introduce the changes.

First out is the Advance MOrtar System (Amos). Developed jointly by Sweden and Finland for a mobile 120mm mortar system with high rate of fire.

In order to get all the rounds quickly, it features two barrels. Making it look pretty awesome :)

grkbpv_thumb.jpg

Its just great piece of hardware, sadly Sweden dropped out of the project and didn't commit to buy any but its operational in Finland.

In the last patch we added UN soldiers from the mission in Congo during 1960-1964.

Now we added the J-29 Flying barrel. .

In September 1961, in response to an appeal by the United Nations (UN) for military support, an initial force of five J 29Bs were stationed in the Republic of Congo as a contribution to a UN peacekeeping mission (ONUC) in the region, organized as the F 22 Wing of the Swedish Air Force. It was subsequently reinforced by four more J 29Bs and two S 29C photo reconnaissance Tunnans in 1962. The J 29 were the only combat aircraft at the disposal of the UN, the J 29Bs dispatched receiving the UN identifying legend upon their fuselages.

Most of the missions involved attacking ground targets with internal cannons as well as unguided rockets. No aircraft were lost in action despite large amounts of ground fire. Consensus of the crews and foreign observers was that the Tunnan's capabilities were exceptional

j29_thumb.jpg

Later we plan to add a wheeled troop carrier, but for that later. 

Also, the summer time have come to Sweden but to cool us down we added two new winter versions, Strv 122 (Leopard 2 Main battle tank), and the Strf 90 (Cv 90, Infantry fighting vehicle).

These are the many new content but lets make a more proper changelog.

Added the Swedish national anthem to the SFP Soundtrack

Added the J29

Added the Grkpbv 120 (Advance MOrtar System)

Added 82 mm mortar.

Added marksman version of AK 5 (FN FNC).

Added modern version of AK 4 (G3)

Added RBS 56 Bill (Static ATGM)

Added functionality to Tent 12 (soldiers can now sleep inside the tent and will disembark if fired on)

Added support for ALIVE

Added support for CBA ASDG JR.

Added: Asset preview for Eden Editor for all soldiers and vehicles.

Added: New model for the LK 35 backpack.

Added: Winter versions of Strv 122 & Strf 90.

Added: Target pod for JAS 39 Fighter.

Improvements: New soldier lods, will maybe increase performance slightly slightly.

Fixed: All SFP music can now be played with Zeus.

Fixed: Some soldiers were suffering from "hard to find the legs" as medic in ACE. This have been fixed.

Fixed: Army beret was missing.

Fixed: UN and Police offroad car got random textures instead of the correct ones.

Fixed: Downwash over water didn't work on Hkp 4.

Fixed: Mission generalismo didn't work, its been fixed.

Fixed: Capture the flag mission on Stratis.

Fixed: Several warnings in logs for the Tgb 16.

Fixed: Our buddy reload is working again but will disable itself if ACE is running.

Fixed: Lod error with SK 60.

• Like 6

Hiya Granq,

Loving the pack and glad to here of an update due out.

One thing however, can you advise if any work has been done on the Norrkoping missile boat? I am able to go full rudder at speed and have the back end of the boat literally out of the water with the bow submerged as it does a 180. Then at moderate speed the boat rolls almost horizontal. To me it seems the center of gravity is set too high? Just a guess as I have no experience with mod making or naval equipment at all  ^_^ I'd hope that the real thing wouldn't behave in such manner ;) I'm just asking as it is a bit of an immersion killer to be able to do that.

Looking forward to the J-29! We need more light attack aircraft. We have enough aircraft that can blow the entire island up with their ordnance lol.

Anyway kudos to you and your team for putting out some great mods for us all to use, thank you :)

my feeling is that most boats in arma is optimized for smaller vehicles.

We are having great problems making the Norrköping behave in a realistic way and similar for the submarine. 

The question is what aspects is most important, the Norrköping is a fast and agile ship which goes really fast and the tactic is to hide behind islands, drive fast out. Fire missiles and return among the islands for cover. 

So if we want the norrköping not to make the crazy turns we need to turn down its acceleration among others but then it will lack the speed which makes it to what it is, a fast attack vessel.

Similar for the submarine, if we make it small we can make it behave like a submaine but then it wont be as large and "clumsy"  as we want but instead behave like the SDV.

This we been struggling with for almost 2 years now? Still no solution in sight which is annoying. I wish bis would release a "simulation=shipLarge" or similar.

Anyway, tomorrow is the release date and I hope soon someone will make a cool video for us that will be good enough to be showed at "bohemia situation report" because I think the variation and content in our mod deserves that.

• Like 5

Just to update you, the 0.6.2 release is out, it is being uploaded to playwithsix as I write. 
If you can't wait or you if perhaps don't use PWS, here is the link.

http://sfp.granq.se/files/sfp_062.zip

For changelog, see 3 posts up.

My advice is to try out the new loadout for JAS 39 Gripen, the BK 90 (Swedish clusterbomb).

Fly as a pilot and lock on as a missile, then enjoy the show :)

• Like 3

Just to let you know what focus will be for the next SFP release. 

Deployment to Tanoa!

This means we will put focus on boats and more specifically this one..

but as always we will add some fixes and other new content, like a sniper rifle for the special forces perhaps. 

• Like 2

The Amos system seems broke: How do I use it-it just says i can`t fire.  Will not load any rounds,and will not operate at all.

Further more,the Zeus interface dosen`t make it target any enemies,IKV-90 took some heavy casualties when I tried against troops.

The Amos turret can only be aimed strait ahead-won`t traverse.

Liked how the tracks made it achieved a high top speed up the mountain.If you can add to the speed even more,I will be a happy camper :) .

Looking forward to Boat-90 :lol:  :D .

The Amos system seems broke: How do I use it-it just says i can`t fire.  Will not load any rounds,and will not operate at all.

Further more,the Zeus interface dosen`t make it target any enemies,IKV-90 took some heavy casualties when I tried against troops.

The Amos turret can only be aimed strait ahead-won`t traverse.

Liked how the tracks made it achieved a high top speed up the mountain.If you can add to the speed even more,I will be a happy camper :) .

Looking forward to Boat-90 :lol:  :D .

I have not run across these issues myself but the one thing I have noticed is that the sound is kinda weak for it being a 120mm mortar but.......... that is just like my opinion

John, its an artillery system. So I use the artillery computer. Worka fine with me, are you using any other mod/settings?

Should be identical in usage as BIS 150 mm artillery, forgot the name but the tracked version.

Ikv91, will check if I see something wrong.

Are you as excited as us with Tanoa?

Finally a world with plenty of islands and usage of boats, and then BIS also was nice to throw in support for transporting vehicles which solved a concern for me.

So here is a picture from the upcoming "Tanoa" patch. 

ships.jpg

You can see the Strb 90 (Combat boat 90) and the Svävare 2000 (Hovercraft with support for vehicle in vehicle transport).

• Like 9

Looks great!  We are just expecting the Viggen,any time now...btw,smoke screen for the CB-90 fill fit in there nicely... :P Any way to use the Arty computer on the Amos?

Btw,Is there any way you can add to the speed of all vehicles up-hill?  About 60-70km /h will make them more like the real thing...tnx

Edited by john1

Some ideas for CB-90 : Add a smoke generator feature,that can make smoke to cover a beach landing .Add Mantis missiles on back-part of ship for AA.

Make us depart the sub by torpedo-hatch.Add a SDV on top of it.Make the gangway and hatches of the CB-90 work.Make Ai use them.

Costom made Wp:Beach-landig,Air-Cover,Air Rescue.That would be very useful.  My 2 cent.

Awesome, I so like the CB90. One question though, what are the two circular frames at the rear of yhe boat?

Some script that makes the Ai unstuck themself,sence they drive boats net so well,may come in handy.

If you can ,make the search light be movable from inside of boat.

Edited by john1

Hey man love your mod! cant wait for the new ships and the sub! we want to add them to our server! A engine smoke generator linked to the countermeasures button would be great!! Keep Up the hard work your stuff is top notch!.

Btw tested your IKV91 the tank with the 90mm gun and i had some issues. The tank does not seem to be able to hit its 65kph road speed and seems very slow/sluggish on acceleration when it should have a very high power to weight ratio (could only hit a very slow speed around 30 on a runway). Also it has thermal but its wiki page says it should only have night vision. Also its main gun seemed a weak when I put it against cup vehs and vanilla APC assets. (very little dmg done even at close ranges 400m) It has no brakes so when you tell your driver to stop it just awkwardly slides across the ground. cant turn out to use the Roof  mg. Wiki page says tank should have a crew of 4, loader is missing.

Not bad points just wanted to give some feedback love your work!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanterikanonvagn_91

I think we will have the Centurion in the upcoming patch. Minor texture job remaining but it runs smooth (doesn't have the bugs of the Ikv 91)

• Like 2