gliptal

Overall Mod compatibility [aka. Will Mods A and B work togheter?]

will JSRS, Speed of Sound, Blastcore work together?
I really don't think so, since they are sound mods I guess they will end up conflciting with each other. You could try loading JSRS or SoS before Blastcore though, so you would get all sounds from the former and explosions from the latter (since Blastcore is just explosions, right?).

Yay!

will JSRS, Speed of Sound, Blastcore work together?

What you should do is test each mod out, make a list of the weapon sounds you like the most for each mod, then compare all of them and pick the sounds you want the most.

From there choose a sound for a weapon, vehicle, ect,. and then compile your own sound mod, doing this may have conflicts but of course you need to test it together,

ideally the point is not to run sounds from 3-4 sound mods for one weapon at the same time, thats asking for definite conflicts,

but, you want one sound from one of 3-4 sm you are testing.

I did this using JSRS, HiFI, RWS, & VOPS, and created my own sound mod i call CBS - Combat Battle sounds, if your interested send me a pm.

I had to add an incompatibiliy between a couple of mods! :( Let's hope the modders can fix this!

Yay!

EDIT: Sakura made it: no more conflict between his Mod and CMI! :D

Edited by Gliptal

Sorry if I've been missing these last months: a lot has changed, and I will test thoroughly everything as soon as my gaming PC gets back on his tracks (first weeks of 2014).

- JSRS and Blastcore were released in the meantime, and since I went through both threads, I can already tell you that they work toghether with no issues (provided they are correctly configured).

- TMR is back in development, thanks to cambam47: the original author had to leave due to his studies.

- TPW wasn't updated in a while, but tpw himself stated that it was because of personal life taking over: from what I've understood, he will be back.

Yay!

Using

-bCombat

Breaks

-TMR

Issue

-bCombat disables all of TMR's features, TMR's tutorial missions and 2D scopes still exist, but 2D scopes have no reticles.

Solution

-?

Shame, I thought the two mods would compliment each other quite well.

I can't seem to find bCombat thread, could you link it? Also, are you aware that TMR is not developed by his original creator anymore? Try downloading the new TMR - Alternate and see if the problem persists.

Thank you for your contribution anyway!

Yay!

I can't seem to find bCombat thread, could you link it? Also, are you aware that TMR is not developed by his original creator anymore? Try downloading the new TMR - Alternate and see if the problem persists.

Thank you for your contribution anyway!

Yay!

Here you go:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167288-bCombat-test-candidates

I downloaded the alternate TMR and enabled it, but it still conflicts with bCombat. Strange, since the mods have nothing to do with each other.

Thanks for looking into this btw :D

Hi, does this list of yours also list LIKE mods?

For example the number of MEDIC mods now out and using them together?

Number of AI enhancement mods working together?

A prime example would be:

JSRS and Speed of Sound.

I'm not expecting an answer to this now in this post, but as an addition to your listings.

As you may recall from Arma 2, there was SLX, ZEUS and GL4.

I think all of us were combining those mods together as best we could.

Then Gunter came along created CODSLX and so forth.

Regards

Here you go:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167288-bCombat-test-candidates

I downloaded the alternate TMR and enabled it, but it still conflicts with bCombat. Strange, since the mods have nothing to do with each other.

Thanks for looking into this btw :D

Nice, thank you, I'll see what can be done.

As a quick test, have you tried loading the two Mods in a different order?

Hi, does this list of yours also list LIKE mods?

For example the number of MEDIC mods now out and using them together?

Number of AI enhancement mods working together?

A prime example would be:

JSRS and Speed of Sound.

I'm not expecting an answer to this now in this post, but as an addition to your listings.

As you may recall from Arma 2, there was SLX, ZEUS and GL4.

I think all of us were combining those mods together as best we could.

Then Gunter came along created CODSLX and so forth.

Regards

I have no experience with ArmA 2 Mods, since I come directly from the first ArmA (:(), but I get what you're saying. The point is, I can't test everything on my own: if you happen to use a combination of Mods that work well toghether, just post it and I will add it!

Regarding JSRS and SoS: they are both sound mods, so I think they would end up conflicting with each other, unless someone goes in depth and starts moving and changing .pbos to create a single unified package.

Regarding AI Mods: there are some already tested as working toghether (namely WW AICover, TMR to an extent modifies some routines, as does TPW MODS and CMI Command Improvement). I was away from a while, so if there are new and improved AI Mods out there you think should be tested, do link them here.

Finally, about Medic Mods: I never tried one, and wouldn't know where to start. As with AI Mods, link the relevant/important ones and I'll try and test them.

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Hi, guys can I make mission with arma 2 stuff in arma 3 and when i publish on steam. Is gona ppl see the object used from arma 3 without addons?

Wrong thread and I'm not really sure what you mean.

Also, I'm sorry I have been away for a lot of time. Will update the lists ASAP.

Yay!

Complete overhaul of the open post, let me know what you think: it should be clearer and easier to understand now.

Provided someone still follows this. :(

Yay!

A very useful thread, thank you Gliptal.

Having missed out on the alpha, the first Beta and now catching up with the official release (still a beta IMO) I've found a really strange conflict.

Using the Combined Arms showcase as an initial testbed, when either asr_ai or bcombat is combined with Old's Real Armour Mod [RAM] the mission breaks most of the time, perhaps a little less with bcombat (haven't run enough tests with bcombat to make a true comparison). The player's chopper goes amok. The dismount order is not given and the pilot overflies the CSAT compound repeatedly ordering the reload of 2000 round mags as the gunners strafe. Turns round and flies back then usually crashes into one or another ridge as it turns again near the firing range.

I've seen that behaviour very occasionally without RAM - maybe once in 20 or so tests. Weird that AI behaviour should change so markedly because of a mod that affects ground vehicle 'structural' factors.

This only affects the heli carrying the player, the other heli behaves correctly and drops off the grunts. To eliminate as far as possible some potential effect of the player seeing enemies, I ran a few trials with the player unit contemplating his feet. No difference.

Would be interested to learn if anyone else can replicate this.

Win7 Pro 64, mainstream 1.16.0.123633. with CBA_A3 v5 (01.03.2014). Frame rate ~50-60FPS so it isn't a CPU overload issue - and anyway the choppers firing at the base as they approach the LZ occurs without RAM loaded.

Cheers

Orc

Hi Krem

I don't believe so. Without RAM loaded, the heli only goes amok very occasionally with asr_ai or bconbat. With RAM loaded it's virtually every time with asr_ai and a high frequency also with bcombat. Try it - I'm keen to learn if this is local or general (Steam verifies my install OK).

Orc

@Orcinus: did you contact the respective mod authors about the issue?

Thank you for the report anyway, I'm adding it in the OP.

Yay!

Hi

First, an apology - checking the RPTs I realised that I had inadvertently run with a couple of other mods activated, though I dunno how that happened.

Reran some tests just now. It's even weirder than I thought. However neither asr_ai nor bcombat are the issue; though I had seen one instance of the player-carrying chopper going amok when I began testing asr_ai's settings in A3, out of at least 20 runs, & that misled me.

All that is needed to make the player-chopper go amok is to run RAM with either Redfield-77's Nato 5.56 and 7.62 damage mod or Taosenai's Mao_Bullet_Hits_Value from TMR. It is the combination that affects the heli behaviour; neither causes this effect on its own. Below are the results of a quick set of tests. Whatever the result, I used Save&Exit->Replay rather than Restart to ensure that there couldn't be any 'carryover' from one test to the other.

@bull = Redfeld's mod; @Mao = Taosenai's bullet mod (they are slighly different)

@RAM = Olds' Real Armour mod (0.6.1)

Mods OK Amok

-mod=@CBA_A3;@bull 5/5 0/5

-mod=@CBA_A3;@MAO 5/5 0/5

-mod=@CBA_A3;@RAM 5/5 0/5

-mod=@CBA_A3;@RAM;@bull 0/5 5/5

-mod=@CBA_A3;@RAM;@MAO 0/5 5/5

While doing these tests I also paid some attention to the other heli. In roughly half of the tests, after rising slightly to fire at the CSAT compound, it landed or crashed at a point displaced from the normal LZ to one side or another of the valley. However, only the player's heli overflies the compound.

I do not understand why a combination of changed config values affecting rifle/MG ballistics with those pertaining to ground-vehicle armour/damage should affect AI behaviour so markedly. Possibly some obscure bug in the engine??

Orc

PS Sorry the 'table' is a mess - submitting it results in the forum removing the spaces I had inserted to make it more readable. Grrrr...

Edited by Orcinus
Attempted to correct idiot autoformatting

Don't worry, it's pretty clear anyway.

As you may already know, Taosenai hasn't been updating TMR for a while now, so his Mod may have all type of incompatibilities with the latest game updates.

Yay!

Don't worry, it's pretty clear anyway.

As you may already know, Taosenai hasn't been updating TMR for a while now, so his Mod may have all type of incompatibilities with the latest game updates.

Yay!

Pleased to tell you that he is back & released updates (one for clients/SP and one for servers) on April 13; almost a week after the 1.16 game update so I assume it's compatible. Still seems very strange that changing some 'structural' configs should screw up AI behaviour...

Pleased to tell you that he is back & released updates (one for clients/SP and one for servers) on April 13; almost a week after the 1.16 game update so I assume it's compatible. Still seems very strange that changing some 'structural' configs should screw up AI behaviour...
Wasn't aware of that, thanks.

I don't know about the AI problem, it may screw up if the AI fetches values from the structural configs to make its decisions.

Yay!

It could be a bug in the AI engine. I have used a wide range of mods in A2 & CO including several which modify configs for ammo & armour, and never saw anything like this. I'll make a post on the feedback tracker later today.

Edit: Feedback tracker post created: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18568

Edited by Orcinus
Added ticket link

Could we also perhaps get a seperate thread or at least a section for what mods are compatible with Zeus? All I know for sure is that CAF won't change it so that it's Zeus compatible.