gliptal

Overall Mod compatibility [aka. Will Mods A and B work togheter?]

Thanks, I haven't been mantaining the thread lately, since I'm not personally playing as of now (waiting for Dragonfyre and Phoenix).

Will add to the list!

Yay!

Here's another one. Not that this thread is still active. But I still think this thread is a great idea. So I'll add:

EM mod (Enhanced Movement mod by BadBenson)

conflicts with

Any single player campaign with multiple save games.

Over time, with every new "save" in a single player campaign, the EM mod slowly kills your frame rates more and more. BadBenson knows about the problem but his computer died . . . so he can't fix the problem until he gets a new computer. That may be a while.

The EM mod works great in short single player missions, or multiplayer missions with no save games. But anything with multiple "saves" will slowly kill you frame rates when using the Enhanced Movement mod. Hopefully BadBenson can get a new computer soon and fix the problem, because (with the exception of this bug) his mod is awesome!!!

I'll update the OP with this new info tomorrow. I'm really sorry I haven't been updating but for a whole bunch of reasons I stopped playing ArmA and I thus can't test mods and such. If someone is willing to take the thread in his hands I'm pretty sure a Mod can make the change.

Yay!

so there is no new/updated list of mod compabilities?

im new to the arma franchise and somehow i love it.

nevertheless.

its a fucking pain in the ass to use multiple mods.

except cup/rhs/ace/acre, ive to read up which mods, can work with other mods.

so i will ask, and someone has to answer.

cup/rhs work with ace/cba and acre together so far.

ive read, that NIarms got compabitily patches on steam too. so have i to use both? or jsut on of them, and ive to search for a ace compability patch too?

and which other mods work with ace/cba and those other mods too?

ive read that R3f advanced towing will deactivate ace logistics somehow. questions, more questions, but a lack of informations.

mods should unpinn that topic and someone needs to create a new one, that get updates....

and i hate, that the arma community is sooo seperated. steam discussions, BI forums and thousends of other boards.............

so there is no new/updated list of mod compabilities?

No, this thread is a lost cause until Gliptial finds the time and motivation to update the thread, which tbh i dont see happening, like he said on his

1st post in the spoiler there to much work involved to get this thread back to its former glory.

I said the same thing last year for my Ai compilation list but then got feedback and ideas from others and fixed it, it was alot of work, but i pulled it off.

im new to the arma franchise and somehow i love it.

Welcome to Bis forums and the community!

ive read, that NIarms got compabitily patches on steam too. so have i to use both?

There is downloaded addons and mods from Armaholic and then theirs steam version which you subscribe too, thing is dont use both, its either one or the other,

so if you prefer manually installing ect,. the mods then use Armaholic, if you want something automatic then use Steam or Play with Six, preferably steam but to each his own.

So again if you get any addons/mods from armaholic then you dont need steam as most modders that submit their work to Armaholic will most likely also put it on steam.

and which other mods work with ace/cba and those other mods too?

Alot of mods do, some may need a compatability patch, if your not sure about a certain mod being compatible with ACE then on amaholic most mods

will have their own release threads here on the forums, there you can ask them.

As for CBA_A3 you need that for just about every addon mod out, so adding that to the equation asking if its compatible or not is not necessary

as its needed anyways, just be concerned about mods themselves.

ive read that R3f advanced towing will deactivate ace logistics somehow.

If you want actual answers regarding ACE then ask in the ACE thread itself, all questions pertaining to ACE and any mod should be on their own release threads anyways.

mods should unpinn that topic and someone needs to create a new one

Agreed, but a new one will have to be someone in the community that is willing to take the time, test, get feedback, ect,. that is........................A LOT of work!

and i hate, that the arma community is sooo seperated. steam discussions, BI forums and thousends of other boards

Its not separated, its user based, if you are a steam subscriber for addons, mods, missions, ect,. then steam is the ideal place for you, I suggest you pick your board, imo the

forums here which is the base/home forums of BIS company is the ideal place to get answers, most of your modders, scripters, mission makers, and many other folks come here.

Any more questions for mod compatibility you can probably use this thread but as suggested if you want to know if this or that mod is compatible with another

best to ask on that mods thread someone will likely know.