emoglobinsky

EM_buildings - new buildings

I know I said I woudn't work on this anymore but...

It contains 4 sections, no doors right now and poor shadowlod / geometry.

Can someone tell me how to make the model to randomly load the MC texture so I can change colors without adding a new model ? In config.cpp ?

Never knew that you said that you stopped working on this pack but I am glad that you picked it up again to texture the large building :) looks very nice

Same! I was hoping you'd keep working on it! These are some much needed buildings!

• Like 1

I know I said I woudn't work on this anymore but...

It contains 4 sections, no doors right now and poor shadowlod / geometry.

Can someone tell me how to make the model to randomly load the MC texture so I can change colors without adding a new model ? In config.cpp ?

not possible using multimap shader afaik

not possible using multimap shader afaik

That's what I thought. :/

So it has to count at a second model for the engine, even if it's the same 3D object / textures etc... ?

I never really used the texture within OB... If I place my MC texture in the face texture slot, will it behave like a MC (RGBA multiply over the rvmat) ? So I could change it on the fly. Correct me if I'm wrong, i'll probably test it tonight anyway :D

Same! I was hoping you'd keep working on it! These are some much needed buildings!

Never knew that you said that you stopped working on this pack but I am glad that you picked it up again to texture the large building :) looks very nice

I put the project on hold for a long time.

I found the motivation to open it again this weekend, with some new building ideas ^^ I'll make some but probably not as polished as before : it takes me too much time to finish a model, especially with the door / windows config within OB. So my next building will most likely have no doors or/and no windows.

A lot of people are coming to me asking for permissions, but I haven't played a single MP game in my own buildings (#so sad guy  T_T)

That's probably why I lost motivation in the first place, and the second...

Thanks for your kind words

• Like 2

I put the project on hold for a long time.

I found the motivation to open it again this weekend, with some new building ideas ^^ I'll make some but probably not as polished as before : it takes me too much time to finish a model, especially with the door / windows config within OB. So my next building will most likely have no doors or/and no windows.

A lot of people are coming to me asking for permissions, but I haven't played a single MP game in my own buildings (#so sad guy  T_T)

That's probably why I lost motivation in the first place, and the second...

Thanks for your kind words

I know that some tasks can be very tedious but all your buildings so far have been high quality and are much appreciated :)

• Like 5

Hello, I've been active this week :

Almost finished building_04 (I just need to build AI path)

and created a new building_05 (missing geometry, ai path and shadowlod)

bIwimIf.png

qPrknL9.png

52Aquwz.png

• Like 22

Awesome stuff!!

Glad to see more of your work :D

• Like 1

Hello, I've been active this week :

Almost finished building_04 (I just need to build AI path)

and created a new building_05 (missing geometry, ai path and shadowlod)

Awesome work mate! Can't wait for them! :D

Very cool architecture man! I'm curious though, is it intended for any specific theme/setting?

Very cool architecture man! I'm curious though, is it intended for any specific theme/setting?

thanks, still no real purpose... I'm just doing these for the community and because i like urban combats :)

As i said, I haven't played a MP mission with my building, and would love a small CQB mission... Hope someone will find a good use in its own map !

• Like 2

thanks, still no real purpose... I'm just doing these for the community and because i like urban combats :)

As i said, I haven't played a MP mission with my building, and would love a small CQB mission... Hope someone will find a good use in its own map !

They certainly are great for CQB, thank you for the effort and time. I've had a lot of fun using them in missions.

S8sEv2d.jpg

• Like 5

Em_Buildings

Update  v0.6

Available on SteamWorkshop : Em_Buildings

v0.6 : Novermber 25 2016

- various fixes

- polished building_04

- added building_05

ipRHKxz.png

Small update with 2 finished buildings ;) I don't want to brag, but the building_05 is so fun and cool !

• Like 9

The update is awesome ! Thank you dude ! Amazing Job :)

Question : The doors gonna be usable or you gonna keep them like that ? ( for the bulding 5 )  :P

Thank you :)

Question : The doors gonna be usable or you gonna keep them like that ? ( for the bulding 5 )  :P

I don't know, i don't think it's very framerate friendly to have 40 doors on a building, so for now, most of my buildings will have static fake doors.

just a little something :D hope i can make more in the next days! Love the new buildings mate 

DEVGRU operators from gold squadron ready to perform an entry during a cqb training.

ttuB10U.jpg

QzHHKVQ.jpg

• Like 8

I don't know, i don't think it's very framerate friendly to have 40 doors on a building, so for now, most of my buildings will have static fake doors.

Well, for RolePlay, doors are always nice honestly :p And even more in a very nice building like this one ^^

• Like 2

I just wanted to say thank you for your buildings, they are really good quality and fit some important niches! I make good use of them in my upcoming map - I hope you have the time and energy to keep it up. It's and uphill battle in A3 editing for sure :) Again, thanks and good job!

• Like 2