emoglobinsky

EM_buildings - new buildings

How could I miss these gems?!?? Awesome work man!

Did you share them with anybody? Check all mailboxes etc, they are too precious to be lost!

These are a pretty awesome looking addition to the game as I honestly do think Altis was missing some larger buildings. The 'realism' of the world is questionable when it seems every building is a one or two story house, Greek tourist centres have plenty of appartments and the like! Combining more visual variety to break the cities up with better CQB options/ recon spots I'm sure these will be amazing :D

Small sort of revival of the deads :

I found some motivation to throw some times into a buildings based on a RainbowSix Siege map (blueprint), and I've started modeling a mansion with the idea of a PVE / PVP hostage rescue, from a guy who posted his mods on reddit called "Terrorist Hunt RSV2".

I don't place too many hopes into this, I know myself, once I'll have to dig my hands into the scripting and configuring I'll leave the boat : so if someone has the skills for configuring a model with doors / breakable glass and all the stuff that I can't bear, this someone is welcome to contact me and help me :)

iPxkD6K.jpg

You can see in my screen I did 3 floors (including the attic) and if everything works fine it should be really fun to fight in a Close environment. The cherry on the cake would be someone that could turn this into a mod where defenders can place barricades, and attackers destroy them...

• Like 7

glad to see you back man. does the config help also include those other buildings you made some time ago? or did i jsut miss the release? those were great too. would be a shame, if they go wasted. i and i'm sure others too will be willing to help out, if that is what you need. these types of models a rarely made for arma which is a shame since the presence of full buildings on an expansive terrain are kind of what makes arma special.

glad to see you back man. does the config help also include those other buildings you made some time ago? or did i jsut miss the release? those were great too. would be a shame, if they go wasted. i and i'm sure others too will be willing to help out, if that is what you need. these types of models a rarely made for arma which is a shame since the presence of full buildings on an expansive terrain are kind of what makes arma special.

Sadly I lost everything in multiple disc formating, but I shoudn't take a lot to do some more building : right now, I've done the collision and player walk model, next step is the art pass to make the model realistic.

• Like 1

do you know how easy it is to recover a disc even after you formatted it multiple times?

These buildings are amazing. I just hope that when the textures are done we get something that seems fitting to Arma. Please keep up the awesome work.

Since config work is a quite dirty process (especially for Arma), it's natural only the most fierce take on it seriously.

Try posting on armadev subreddit. Lots of good folk down there. Also, CUP team has some great config-masters, they may help you :P

BTW - great progress on the mansion! I guess we all would love to see more varied buildings come to life in arma :)

• Like 1

Hi. I would like to share the idea that I have . on a modular building , creating different plants separately. as an example the lobby , different floors and roof or roof. It is able to create different buildings. Within the map or editor piling up the different plants .

Small update :

After a lot of troubles, the first building is ready. Still have to figure out how to add laders and doors and breakable windows... Might be hard for me, so if anyone still wants to help me, pm me :)

• Like 9

Small update :

After a lot of troubles, the first building is ready. Still have to figure out how to add laders and doors and breakable windows... Might be hard for me, so if anyone still wants to help me, pm me :)

This gonna be gud! Hopefully, someone profound with building configs will lend you a hand (the recently added geometric occlluders are osom!.

Beautiful. Are different textures or colors available? Would be nice to see different colors and rotate it to create neighborhoods. 

I'm not sure how hard the texturing is for housing, however I could try my hand at creating different textures. I'm currently trying to do the same thing with Arma 1&2 buildings.

I'm not sure how hard the texturing is for housing, however I could try my hand at creating different textures. I'm currently trying to do the same thing with Arma 1&2 buildings.

That would be awesome! It can really help map and city builders have more diverse neighborhoods.

emoglobinsky it would be great if you can also FLIP the model 180 degrees from the front to create a variation - EG if entrance and stairs on left, the mirror it so it shows up on the right. Then when we place 2 buildings next to each other, the rotation can give a little variety without the whole block looking exactly the same.

Hi, thanks for all your suggestions, but I'm afraid right now to just focus on creating buildings and having them working. I'm do not feel confortable enought to handle several skin config and flipped versions.

New update :  IA using ladders and doors (unfortunatly, the collisions on the doors aren't workng anymore for some reasons...)

Once I'll have the doors working again and the different memory points added for future use (need memory points for windows barricade, rappeling system, etc...) I'll switch to another building, hopefully with a better looking ;)

• Like 6

Gorgeous architecture! Please continue doing what you're doing, maybe it'll inspire me to pick up on my projects.

BTW, are you using _ads or _as for shadowmaps on your buildings?

• Like 1

Gorgeous architecture! Please continue doing what you're doing, maybe it'll inspire me to pick up on my projects.

BTW, are you using _ads or _as for shadowmaps on your buildings?

I'm using AS (as for ambient shadow i guess), no idea what are ADS...

Really great to see someone having success in this area!

Also enjoying seeing the process you've gone through.

E