max power

User Mission Request Thread

@its_flashpoint The Border Patrol mission you linked, although excellent, is not at all in the vein of what you’re looking for. It’s not even remotely similar. I can’t think of any offhand but that one is not it. That’s an open world patrol based op, not base defence or checkpoint duty like you’re asking.

22 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@its_flashpoint The Border Patrol mission you linked, although excellent, is not at all in the vein of what you’re looking for. It’s not even remotely similar. I can’t think of any offhand but that one is not it. That’s an open world patrol based op, not base defence or checkpoint duty like you’re asking.

Yeah I found the "accurate" name for the mission,. "Roadblock duty" I found a few missions, but none of them are as extensive as the one in ArmA2.

Hey guys. 

What I'd like to see is a global mission in the area as "Company of hereos" style game.

Basically 2 sides either an ai commander on one side vs the player/s and the player can be both the commander and play in a unit on the their side.  Or player/s vs player/s style. Where each side tries to capture all choke points and have supply lines for cti type end game.  Players could even choose the type of army they want.  So you could choose paratroopers or infratry or mechanised.  And each army only has specific troops and vehicles.  Not sure or if a base building is possible. But a player or ai commander could gain points / credits with capturing and making supply lines.  Credits could buy more troops or vehicles.  It could also be until you capture an airfield you don't unlock air vehicles and if you capture a factory or base your credits for those items increase. As you defend and hold those your credits increase.

This could go several ways but this type of missions. Doesn't exist in Arma that I am aware of.  

If it does please link.

Is there a mission like DUWS or Liberation for only 2-6 players?

So it would be great to be able to disable tanks and things like this for the enemies.

I do not like something a system where you have to buy equipment but I think I would be able to switch this off.

I wish me some nice SP scenarios and/or campaigns with these mods: RHS all 4, Soviet Armed Forces, Project Opfor, Caucasus Insurgency and YuEmod. Not all mods in one Mission but like this: Afghan war with soviets against mudshahedin (taliban), chechen war first and second and east Ukraine war. 

And maybe RDS Civillians. Playable on the russian/soviet side

I would make this by myself and I try it many times but I can't. :( 

Thanks @yxman but I’m honestly not sure if my missions meet his criteria or not. Personally I’m trying not to use RHS when at all possible, especially for counter insurgency campaigns, so I’ve since switched a lot of them to CUP. I do have a mission called October Skies which is a basic one, conventional battle, with RHS AFRF vs RHS GREF, which is a fantasy approximation of a full map conflict with Russia vs Ukraine with auto tasking, but not even sure if that would scratch his itch or not. Hard to say.

Does anyone have a copy of Drongo69's original "Cleansing Europa Co-x (@)" campaign?

I’d love a SP mission where I play as an EOD guy and my job is to go discover and disarm them IED’s. Combat is not necessary but I’m ok with having to fight too. To my surprise even after the LoW update, and the remarkable campaign, Workshop has pretty much nothing.

Or really any kind of humanitarian relief mission would be excellent too if something like that exits.

Bonus points if it was made recently enough where it would likely still work. :)

Oh, I’d also love some missions where I play as a non-combatant. Anything with a decent story or atmosphere where the idea isn’t necessarily killing bad dudes (killing bad dudes at some point or even a lot is ok, I’d just like something a bit different than the norm if anyone has any recommendations or has made something). 

10 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I’d love a SP mission where I play as an EOD guy and my job is to go discover and disarm them IED’s. Combat is not necessary but I’m ok with having to fight too. To my surprise even after the LoW update, and the remarkable campaign, Workshop has pretty much nothing.

Or really any kind of humanitarian relief mission would be excellent too if something like that exits.

Bonus points if it was made recently enough where it would likely still work. :)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1229944898&searchtext=eod

• Like 1

On 12/20/2017 at 5:42 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Oh, I’d also love some missions where I play as a non-combatant. Anything with a decent story or atmosphere where the idea isn’t necessarily killing bad dudes (killing bad dudes at some point or even a lot is ok, I’d just like something a bit different than the norm if anyone has any recommendations or has made something). 

Well if you are looking for missions who are backed with a story then you can check ours. Although I really am wondering how many people actually read the stories and not just play the missions directly :scratchchin:

Regards,

HE

• Like 1

On 20/12/2017 at 4:42 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=774507042&searchtext=the+last

You play as a combattant, but it does have a decent story.

a mission "Laws of War" style before the DLC ^^

• Like 2

On 12/20/2017 at 7:37 AM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1265397099

• Like 1

On ‎12‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 9:35 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Thanks @yxman but I’m honestly not sure if my missions meet his criteria or not. Personally I’m trying not to use RHS when at all possible, especially for counter insurgency campaigns, so I’ve since switched a lot of them to CUP. I do have a mission called October Skies which is a basic one, conventional battle, with RHS AFRF vs RHS GREF, which is a fantasy approximation of a full map conflict with Russia vs Ukraine with auto tasking, but not even sure if that would scratch his itch or not. Hard to say.

Thanks but you are right with your mind.

I'm looking for an ARCADE or beginner friendly Air Combat mission similar to this from Battlefield 3 but in ARMA:

It could be with user mods but I have not found anything with this kind of on rails or hollywood type production... ACE COMBAT or ARCADE air combat would be OK to get to know flight characteristics of ARMA.

Not sure if the below is Machinima or  a real mission but this is what I'm looking for:

• Like 2

Is there any good, long, coop story-driven scripted missions?
Not those randomly generated repetitve sandboxes / island capture.

2 hours ago, jevuner said:

Is there any good, long, coop story-driven scripted missions?
Not those randomly generated repetitive sandboxes / island capture.

Do you have an idea of what it takes to create one of those "repetitive sandboxes / island capture" boring mission? Or a "good, long, coop story-driven scripted missions" for that matter. Try to make a simple one kid, then we talk.Show some respect to those that spend sleepless nights to give somebody a "repetitive" mission to play.:drinking2:

• Like 4

@Valken I can offer you mission Miraculous Delivery. WebSite sublink here or if you prefer the forums here.

@jevuner Yep, I got some. You can make your choice in our WebSite here. Or you can search in the forums for my posts. Kinda hard. Hence the WebSite whose forum post is:

@zagor64bz A true fact that most people do not understand how hard it is neither how many hours it takes in order to make like one mission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

A true fact that most people do not understand how hard it is neither how many hours it takes in order to make like one mission.

They do not, but the fact that they request one,  instead of making one,  tells me that perhaps they try and give up, or they're just plain lazy.

Either way, they should avoid to diminish others work.

Zagor out!  

• Like 2

It is already over 40 000 scenarios on Steam workshop (9000+ of them are coop) and now I can't find any worth time to play. May be it should have some more filters or tags...

• Like 1

Is someone willing to port the Harvest Red campaign?

Or the Operation Arrowhead campaign?