Sign in to follow this  
Leaulux

Do you want a Content Release Patch on April 5th?

Should BI release a Content Patch containing new units, vehicles, etc on April 5th to mark one month of the Alpha being released?

Or should they continue working on bugs and performance?

They should, and will stick to their predefined development roadmap.

As far as I know, there will be no new content added during the Alpha build phase. Once we hit beta we will see new content added for testing.

I actually think it would be very healthy for the devs to get one of every in the game as soon as possible: high command mode, one tank, one jet and so on... the more variation the more bugs, but the more bugs we can catch early.

No matter if they are buggy messes whoever wants to use them can use them and as they get more stable we can report any and all bugs.

Some vehicles, weapons and perhaps units would be nice but other than that I'm happy sticking to Stratis and not having so many official missions.

If they've got a jet just lying around and using for their own preview footage I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be letting us test it out though, unless they know it's so buggy it wouldn't hold 5 minutes.

With an open alpha and beta I'm guessing that the development of this game is going to be pretty transparent except for the official missions and I see no reason not to go that way.

I don't think the game will be watered out by release considering they're going for full editor and mod support and most people probably don't care much for the alpha and beta and wait for the retail.

Edited by Sneakson

I don't believe that we haven't seen official "fixed wing" jets in Arma 3 for over a year now...

At first i thought it was a ploy but the more I thought about it the more sense it makes. Arma players are like fuckibg ants, over everything . So the systems behind the content would be very rigorously analysed at the right time.

BI releases updates as they see fit, not when the community think it should be done. Additionally BI decides whats in those updates, not the community.