norrin

norrin's ArmA2 scripts ported to ArmA3

See first post for details

Fixes

* Backpacks should now be repacked correctly following revive or respawn.

================================================================================================================

@psvialli - In the revive_init.sqf there's an option called: _JIP_respawns where 0 - off or the number of lives players receive when they join in progress , JIP time after the mission starts

Try setting it to [2, 30];

this means that anyone joining the mission 30 seconds after it starts will only receive 2 lives. I must admit I haven't tested this in the ArmA3 version but I can't see why it shouldn't work.

@eggbeast - the code I got from JMan is very similar and in some cases identical to aeroson's code, they may even be the same thing for all I know - I've adapted it to my repacking function, made some variations for how I want it to work and recoded into a format I find easier to follow when testing - as far as I can tell it now seems to be working fine.

@Freebie - as far as I can tell vests are repacking just fine.

@Giallustio - I appreciate that mate but I was trying to make this a quick and dirty port of the ArmA2 revive for ArmA3 - it wasn't meant to take long; however I've already wasted more time on it than I wanted to. There's heaps of things I'd do differently if I was starting from scratch with the revive such as porting the single player revive code I already have embedded in these scripts so that it became the basis of the MP revive. This would remove all sorts of unnecessary redundancies in my code. One day this may happen but for the moment it's not high on my list of priorities.

=================================================================================================================

@Norrin, I completely understand if you do not want me to give out a modified version of your hard work, so if you would rather post your own version that is fine. I just really wanted this exact type of thing for my mission and i managed to get it to work from your script. Thank you very much for you time that you spent into creating the original version of this!

I haven't had a chance to iron out all the bugs from the aerialTaxi code yet so I'd prefer you to wait until its properly fixed before you post anything.

See first post for details.

Fixes:

* If they team leader dies while the chopper is enroute for extraction it will now return to base and can be called again following respawn.

* If the chopper is destroyed and respawns the team leader will now get the set destination action upon entering the respawned chopper.

Thanks Foxhound. :)

I only need Revvive working for "WEST"

so i have this in my INI:-

if ((side player) == west) then {server execVM "revive_init.sqf"};

But for some reason when testing on DEDI the revive did not work at all for anyone, but it does when i test on local

Also anyone tested the Mobile Respawn Vehicle on Dedi , as i do not get the option , again do on test ?

Any idea's

Edited by psvialli

Fixes:

* If they team leader dies while the chopper is enroute for extraction it will now return to base and can be called again following respawn.

* If the chopper is destroyed and respawns the team leader will now get the set destination action upon entering the respawned chopper.

Thanks Foxhound. :)

Thanks norrin! You rock.

But for some reason when testing on DEDI the revive did not work at all for anyone, but it does when i test on local

Also anyone tested the Mobile Respawn Vehicle on Dedi , as i do not get the option , again do on test ?

Any idea's

check you have a gamelogic called server

Any idea's

Its been a long time since I thought about this but the revive scripts need to run on the dedicated server as well. With your current code the scripts don't run on the dedicated server as there is no "player" (its a null object). Therefore change your ini line to this:

if ((side player) == west || isDedicated) then {server execVM "revive_init.sqf"};

Great work so far! I'm having a small problem though. Anytime anyone tries to drag a wounder player that wounded player stands up. Once the healer drops/releases the wounded player they fall back down like normal. It does allow me to drag wounded AI just like normal without the standing up just not wounded players. Also the carry option I'm guessing is a A3 problem but once they are on someones shoulder the rag doll features play havoc and creates a lot of funny moments. Don't mind not having carry options but would like to know if it's possible to fix the drag option?

I thought it was my mission causing the problems but I uploaded your latest mission file without touching it other than making it a multiplayer to test. Even on the original when you drag someone they stand up. If it's a A3 limitation not much can be done but if you know a hot-fix or a place i can change or adjust the script I would be deeply appreciative. Could have sworn though in a earlier version of your script it did allow proper dragging of player body's?

Final question. If the carry option is a A3 problem could you point me in the direction of turn off the carry option from the scroll wheel?

Again, great work and thank you for the hard work!!!

Edited by RyBo

Its been a long time since I thought about this but the revive scripts need to run on the dedicated server as well. With your current code the scripts don't run on the dedicated server as there is no "player" (its a null object). Therefore change your ini line to this:
if ((side player) == west || isDedicated) then {server execVM "revive_init.sqf"};

Thanks but still no Joy, it works when i first join the game but then it just stops after the first death and the Revive does not work for anyone you just respawn straight away.

Is there a way i can just have the Revive working for WEST another way ?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think I'm done for the time being as due to the frequent update schedule of the alpha (which is a good thing), scripts that work one day don't work the next and I think it is better to wait until at-least the beta arrives before I waste too much more time playing catch-up with the changes.

cheers norrin liked this one for A2 and arrowhead. works really well.

keen to give this a go when i leave work - 2 hours left....tick....tick

I am using the Aerial Taxi (version 0.2)

But when i leave and rejoin a game i lose the option on my scroll bar to call in the Taxi ?

Any idea how i can get this to work after rejoin of the game ? ( testing on DEDI)

Thanks

I believe it's an engine issue, I have scripts that cease to work on JIP, no diag log or errors seems to suggest that the engine is not calling scripts for JIP players on dedicated.

I'm losing the "call for extraction" action after dying. is this intended or am i doing something wrong?

I have the player setVariable ["NORRN_taxiHeli", slick1, true]; in the team leaders INIT. by the way, it's a MP mission.

I'm pretty new at this stuff, please let me know where I have gone wrong.

Hi Norrin!

Nice scripts Mate, very nice indeed, and thaank you so much for them!

Now, bit of a problem. My mission starts with a group loaded into a couple of Hunters (this moveInCargo blah blah blah), when they get out at the drop off point the Revive script doesn't activate properly. If we get banjo'd we respawn at "Respawn West" with no options of revive....and no option to drop a Mobile Spawn! I've taken the group out of the vehicles and viola...the script works a treat! I'm probably doing something wrong but buggered if I know what it is fella!

Any help would be welcome, as I've just spent hours making a bloody intro to this headache of a mission.....many thanks in advance!

Hey Romes,

Not that far away from me....anyway, I digress.....

Have a look at the markers, as it sounds like markers are either not present, or are too close. Check the test mission by opening up norrins mission.sqf

Further to Romes post and after some testing and investigation it looks like the problem lies with the revive_sqf/newfnc/currentLoadOut.sqf script.

_ammoM = _unit ammo _muzzle;

Comes up with an error if you have players loaded in a vehicle at mission start using something like 'moveInCargo'.

This seems to be because those players do not have a current 'selected' weapon and thus the script wont find a currentWeapon and thus wont find a currentMuzzle and then fails with a script error on the '_unit ammo _muzzle' line.

A temporary fix we put in place is to replace the above line with:

if (_cWeapon=="") then { _ammoM=0; } else { _ammoM = _unit ammo _muzzle; };

Norrin - Love your scripts - they help what makes ARMA last as an enjoyable game.

Have an interesting issue with the Air Taxi script. After units have flown in the air taxi, they become invincible. Units who have not flown in the heli from the same team can die, but all units who have flown to a destination and get out can be shot continuously without death.

Ideas?

it has to do with the "allow damage = false" part. This happened to me when I put my base protection on during a multiplayer mission. For some reason Arma 3 does not always update or remove that line of code from a unit. If you set it so that the bird can take damage then it should be fine. If it still does it after you do that, I have no clue.

Have an interesting issue with the Air Taxi script. After units have flown in the air taxi, they become invincible. Units who have not flown in the heli from the same team can die, but all units who have flown to a destination and get out can be shot continuously without death.

As x3djokerx says in the init.sqf that comes with the Aerial Taxi script, there's a section entitled "Optional code for testing - not required for aerial taxi scripts", you can delete some or all of this code as it stops the chopper and its crew (including playable units in its cargo) from taking any damage.

As for every one else, thank you for posting your bug reports and work-arounds - I'll up-date the revive scripts ASAP but its going to take a few days as I'm just in the process of moving my ArmA work to a new computer and its going to take a little while to get the new pc set-up.

The revive script have been amazing. Are you planning to update it to work with new game versions where the setVehicleInit-command (and some other) are removed?

With new version of A3 this revive script is no more working due to removed command setVehicleInit.

It will be great have it again fully working!

See the first post for download link.

v0.4 Fixes

- removed the remaining setVehicleInit and other obsolete commands

- added a check to determine whether the player is onboard a vehicle at mission start as per Scorpiomidget's post.

Note: Due to the difficulty of running multiple instances of ArmA3, short of buying a second copy (http://feedback.arma3.com/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=3288), I have no way of knowing if the changes work on a dedicated server, its not throwing up any errors I can see in local MP so fingers crossed. Our dear friends at BIS aren't making it easy for us scripters just at the mo.