Sign in to follow this  
charon productions

TroopMonA3

TroopMon1 was first written for Arma1 way back and served many mission makers to debug their missions.

TroopMon2 then followed for Arma2.

Now TroopMonA3 has matured to a working version to complement Arma3.

Completely re-written and narrowed down to essential features for best performance.

Since Arma3 is still in alpha state, support for planes and tanks has to be

updated once Arma3 nears release state.

This tool might potentially also help the BI developers to analyze the AI behaviour

and spot areas to improve it.

s7YlWO1.jpg

What TroopMonA3 does:

TroopMonA3 is a GUI for Arma3 Alpha that is designed to help mission makers to precisely monitor

the combat behaviour of the placed units in their missions.

Lost, inactive or ineffective combatants are easily identified to raise the quality of a mission

and achieve mission objectives with a minimal troop-count.

Missions with uncertainty about the location of the involved units are a thing of the past.

Features:

- A camera with 6 View modes:

1. A fixed 3rd Person view

2. Free camera mode that can be positioned around the watch-unit

3. A gunner's view through the ironsights of the watch-unit's weapons.

4. A 1st person view to find out where the watch-unit is looking at.

5. A 3rd person view that cycles through a random selection of units.

primarily, units that are in combat are shown.

6. A more cinematic camera motion view of randomly chosen units

- Agents, Triggers, Buildings, Things and Locations can now also be observed

- Total overview of all mission relevant AI variables.

Crucial battle data is constantly updated such as:

- which enemy is targeting the watch unit

with the ability to switch the view to that enemy to evaluate it.

- which enemy is the assigned target of the unit

- The GUI allows for very intuitive unit selection even in high

Unit-count battle situations, selections can be made with the mouse.

All status data can be shown or hidden by little toggle switches.

A new feature is that you can monitor freely assignable variable values

from the namespace of each individual unit which is invaluable if you

use such kind of variables a lot and must find out what value a certain

unit has in a specific situation.

Also you can use the page number 10 to display values during the execution

of TroopMonA3 that you choose via your own scripts.

Activation: Call TroopmonA3 from the game menu accessible via the ESC-key

Make sure to check out the demo mission scripts to grasp the possibilities for customization.

Enjoy.

Download link : TroopMonA3

Mirrors : Armaholic

Edited by Charon Productions

YAY - one of the best ArmA tool resurrected!

/KC

Add a button in multiplayer edit mode:

class RscDisplayMPInterrupt: RscStandardDisplay
{
 class controls
 {
   class CHN_TMStart: RscButtonMenu
   {
     idc = 9977;
     text = "TroopMonA3";
     x = "1 * (((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 40) + (safezoneX)";
     y = "21.9 * ((((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25) + (safezoneY + safezoneH - (((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2))";
     w = "15 * (((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 40)";
     h = "1 * ((((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25)";
     default = 0;
     tooltip = "Launch TroopMonA3 to monitor your mission";
     action = "[1] execVM ""\CHN_TroopMonA3\scripts\TROOPMON3_MONINIT.sqf""";
   };
 };
};

Demon Cleaner

Which file to place the above code? Description.ext?

You'll have to add it to the config.cpp of the addon. For that you'll need to de-pbo the addon and then un-binarize the config.bin. Anyway Charon would you please be so kind and add a button in multiplayer edit mode as well ? Thank you! BTW: The level of awsomeness displayed in this addon should be punishable ... Thank you !

You'll have to add it to the config.cpp of the addon. For that you'll need to de-pbo the addon and then un-binarize the config.bin. Anyway Charon would you please be so kind and add a button in multiplayer edit mode as well ? Thank you! BTW: The level of awsomeness displayed in this addon should be punishable ... Thank you !

Sure.

Since i had not tested it in MP, i stood away from adding the button to the mp menu, but i will

add it for the update. There are a few improvements in my mind for that too.

Thanks! To be honest I was looking for that button in MP editing mode for like 5 minutes before I thought "Did he say it works in multiplayer too ?" :-) Really really useful stuff. Keep it coming !

Now this is an amazing tool for mission developers. I highly commend you sir!

Have you seen VTS by L'Etranger or MCC by Shay_Gman .... full integration with that would be totally awesome. I suspect we just need to call TroopMon and it will be good to go.

Talking of functionality ... do you remember an addon that showed lines of coloured streams coming from AI heads to show their combat status? Possible to have that as well?

Haven't had time to test it yet but since you ask for suggestions here is another one. Some visualization of where enemy AI think you are (percived position).

/KC

Haven't had time to test it yet but since you ask for suggestions here is another one. Some visualization of where enemy AI think you are (percived position).

/KC

Could be done. Adding it to the list.

Have you seen VTS by L'Etranger or MCC by Shay_Gman .... full integration with that would be totally awesome. I suspect we just need to call TroopMon and it will be good to go.

Talking of functionality ... do you remember an addon that showed lines of coloured streams coming from AI heads to show their combat status? Possible to have that as well?

Integration with other addons is difficult because Arma3's dialog engine does not handle parallel dialogs.

You mean Combat status as in "Red"? I don't personally work with (changing) combat status that much in my missions, because i think it's functionality

is a bit weird. So basically i hardly ever change the status, but maybe that's not what you meant.

Edited by Charon Productions

Now when we have a way to get LOS between two objects some kind of visual indicator that shows when enemy AI have LOS to you would also be a usefull tool when testing and evaluating AI's behavior.

I can not find the link at the moment but IIRC Saok have done alot of work on this already in ArmA II and shared his code.

Keep it up!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Integration with other addons is difficult because Arma3's dialog engine does not handle parallel dialogs.

You mean Combat status as in "Red"? I don't personally work with (changing) combat status that much in my missions, because i think it's functionality

is a bit weird. So basically i hardly ever change the status, but maybe that's not what you meant.

No I don't want to change their status, I want to see a visual representation of their position and their status.

Also is it possible to have the camera free once I select an AI? It seems to be locked onto them presently, whereas a freecam around their position would be much more beneficial (perhaps it is there but I couldnt find it)

PS I have Troopmon working perfectly with VTS presently.

No I don't want to change their status, I want to see a visual representation of their position and their status.

Also is it possible to have the camera free once I select an AI? It seems to be locked onto them presently, whereas a freecam around their position would be much more beneficial (perhaps it is there but I couldnt find it)

PS I have Troopmon working perfectly with VTS presently.

In previous TroopMon versions a free camera was included.

During my tests,i never really needed it because i would just select units in the area that i wanted to look at and zoomed out.

But i can understand that some people might like to have a free camera, so i will add one.

You can also select game logics, locations and triggers by the way, if there are no units present in an area.