Sign in to follow this  
afp

AlphaSounds

Hi afp great mod. I added some clothing movement over the top of a video to see if it would make a difference if any? If you would like the audio files to add to you mod feel free to pm me, you can use them FOC for this mod. I must stress it was done rather quickly :)

Hi afp great mod. I added some clothing movement over the top of a video to see if it would make a difference if any? If you would like the audio files to add to you mod feel free to pm me, you can use them FOC for this mod. I must stress it was done rather quickly :)

its nice, adds a nice touch!

That's great taumargin, it sounds even better, try to PM to me the effects if you have them already.

Is the server key for everyone working? I can't seem to join my own server when verify signatures is turned on.

Hold on a bit, they might have used different signature tools, I will check again together with a new release, including clothing sounds.

No Problem afp,

pleased you like it i've pm'd you my server details. If you need any audio adjustments or requests etc feel free to give me a shout.

I've put a new version, adapted to the last Alpha (it's only tested with Alpha, not with the dev version). See download/changes/video in the first post. The sound system is not ready yet, even in the last Alpha, so we can more expect changes with the future versions or weird behaviour of the mod.

I also tried to adapt the clothes sounds, it looked more natural, the only problem it was that the "fushh" sound of the clothes became annoying when hearing all the time when playing, so I gave up until a better solution.

Edited by afp

Thx, I want to ask could it be used in ArmA 2 ?

Mod compatibility between arma's aint great. But why would you want to when there's mods like JSRS out for Arma2, mods that took years to make?

yeah, that's huge. I think this one is simple and clean

just follow the install instrctions for arma3 as the same as to arma2 ?

You can give a try, it takes 2 minutes, I'm not sure the config files are similar but it could work. You will get some errors tho anyway, ignore them if so.

I've put a new version, adapted to the last Alpha (it's only tested with Alpha, not with the dev version). See download/changes/video in the first post. The sound system is not ready yet, even in the last Alpha, so we can more expect changes with the future versions or weird behaviour of the mod.

I also tried to adapt the clothes sounds, it looked more natural, the only problem it was that the "fushh" sound of the clothes became annoying when hearing all the time when playing, so I gave up until a better solution.

It sounds like your trying to make the clothing "fushh" samples much too prominent in the mix. You have to find a balance where the clothing movement compliments the footsteps and object movement etc. It shouldn't be that noticeable to be honest, in my video I pushed the levels quite hard for demonstration purposes only. Another thing to take into consideration is the timing of the clothing movement. This has to correspond to the movement of the animation or else it just looks and sounds out of sync. You may also want to consider using it louder for first person than third person as the clothing is a great deal closer as everything else.

just some pointers

I've sent an email with the project and details, so you can give a try. I've tried various timing and volumes for clothing, remember to play few games in the end to see if everything seems fine.

Hey,

First, great mod, really can't play without it now...hence my problem with this release :)

There's something wrong with your bikey signature I believe as it's not recognizing the addon .pbo. Could you release a new version with the proper .bikey and .bisign (PM me if you need testing on this).

edit: I even tried creating my own but still it's not working. Something wrong somewhere :)

Edited by Twix

Make sure youre using 1.03 version. In the meantime I'll make sure that ArmA 2 signing tools are used for this as I couldnt find any other tools specially released for ArmA 3...

EDIT. Also remove previous installed keys if any.

Edited by afp

Morning,

I am indeed using your latest version and deleted (as usual) everything related to the 1.02. Some more information on this if you want:

- Creating my own signature files for the addon did not solve the problem. This is strange since I did this already without problems for the ACRE & JayArma3Lib in order to use a signed version on my server.

- The error you receive is correct for the .rpt entry generated but it is not a regular signature problem from the user perspective. You do not get the .pbo error right then when you connect, instead you get to the lobby THEN just receive a message (client side) stating that you were kicked off. This is, to me, unique so far. All other signature issues are expressed BEFORE the client gets to the lobby itself.

Thanks for the info, it looks like a .pbo problem then. Weird, since it works ok on single player. It may be the cpbo packer maybe, I'm going to check.

Another update:

- The Play With Six generated bisign & bikeys work just fine for whatever reason, and it's using the version 1.03(r3), which seems to be the latest.

This means they are using newer tools for signing pbos, not sure where to find them, already asked on the editing forum....

I have added another version of the minimod (see first post, download version 1.04), I'm pretty happy about the sounds of footsteps and gear now.

Unfortunatelly they removed the gear and footsteps sound from third person view (not good), so you only hear them in first person. I'm not sure about this decision since you're still in the character skin even in the third person, so its an immersivity drawback. I used most of the BIS gear sounds which seems to be very good and tunned them up. If you want it server side you need to install it with PlayWithSix when it will be updated.

Edited by afp

Really nice mod! thanks! Combined with Lsounds make arma 3 way better!

I've been looking for this, as I can hardly ever hear my footsteps with my current headset for some reason. Great job, man!