No, I don't blacklist anything and I don't even have a class CfgRemoteExec in the description.ext.  Is it necessary to have this to make FHQ dynamic tasks work or did you just ask for troubleshooting? 

Please read the link I provided. If you do have a CfgRemoteExec, then it functions as a whitelist, meaning that every function must be specifically whitelisted, so of course, this also affects FHQ Task Tracker. If you don't have this class, it's not necessary. But do note that it is not only description.ext, but also other mods might impose this.

Getting back to your problem.

Are your player characters of side "west" at the time of receiving the task ? Are they setcaptive (which essentially turns them into civilians) ?

For the record, I entered that line you posted above into the console and executed it, and it added the task just fine, so whatever it is, it must be on your setup

Well, good to hear that the code can be made working; thx for testing that.  I changed the playable slots (just 2 in total) to BIS BLUFOR units and tried the trigger ingame - received the task. Odd was, that it didn't work at first after changing type of the playble units.  I had to re-load the mission in editor then it worked, partially...

BUT: now it doesn't complete the new task, even though the trigger fires correctly as I can see from the hint playing! 

You mentioned earlier something about setting {true} instead of a side or group would make the task available to everyone?  I tried that, but only received error messages when putting the {true} in the place of the west. 

I'd say I better build a setup with vanilla units only on Stratis and if it STILL doesn't work reliably, I'll post that template here and you have a look - deal?

BUT: now it doesn't complete the new task, even though the trigger fires correctly as I can see from the hint playing!

Same rules apply, the FHQ_fnc_ttSetTaskState must run on the server. 

You mentioned earlier something about setting {true} instead of a side or group would make the task available to everyone?  I tried that, but only received error messages when putting the {true} in the place of the west.

What error message ? And what how exactly does it look ?

Short heads-up: while I build the demo mission with vanilla assets, here is the above mentioned error message from my current modded setup for you to have a look -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aycqaz1nsvw72e6/tourist_error_message_remote_execution.jpg?dl=0

Additionally, I wonder if it isn't enough to check the "server only" box in triggers to make them executed on the server. If not, how would I write the syntax for the FHQ_fnc_ttSetTaskState to make it remote executed?  I received "missing;" message when doing it like that: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkuiwara2pysa7c/tourist_error_message_remoteexec_taskstate.jpg?dl=0 

If you spot a syntax error right there, please tell me so I can build the demo mission with correct syntax before I upload it for you. 

Ok, I have 2 test missions (packed as PBO):

PURE VANILLA ARMA3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3d7222we82qwy9l/FHQ_TASKS_TEST_VANILLA.Altis.pbo?dl=0 

CBA_A3+ALIVE+ALIVE_SERVER: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wx8pif8nxk4i1e/FHQ_TASKS_TEST_ALIVE.Altis.pbo?dl=0

For some reason I couldn't save in MP the vanilla mission and so can only confirm that creating the dynamic task works fine and also completing it is possible. 

In ALIVE version also creating&completing work, but the server save&exit of ALIVE is hanging for some reason - maybe not even your script, but worth a try... 

IF you just would be so kind to test both, I would be really glad!

For ALIVE, well, I'm not sure if you play that mod, so if not, just focus on the vanilla mission, check why I can't make a MP save and then test please, if you can save&reload in MP. 

Hey Varanon, first of all thanks for the great script you made here ! Would it be possible to update the Script so that the Task pop up´s are showing the pictures from the new overhaul? you can see the pictures like "kill", "scout" and so on in the Tasks, but if the pop ups for the task state get called, there´s just the old design, without the new task type picture. thanks in advance!

Hey Varanon, first of all thanks for the great script you made here ! Would it be possible to update the Script so that the Task pop up´s are showing the pictures from the new overhaul? you can see the pictures like "kill", "scout" and so on in the Tasks, but if the pop ups for the task state get called, there´s just the old design, without the new task type picture. thanks in advance!

Yeah, good idea, I'll investigate that possibility.

Hi Varanon. Just a quick question. I see if your adding tasks and briefings you need to add it in the init.sqf or within the mission through say a trigger. We are using a dedicated server and want to avoid using the init.sqf and rather the initServer.sqf and initPlayerLocal.sqf. Should the briefings & tasks go into which one of these? Am I correct that they just need to actually be launched fron initPlayerLocal? Just want to avoid having 3 different inits in my missions.

Hi Varanon. Just a quick question. I see if your adding tasks and briefings you need to add it in the init.sqf or within the mission through say a trigger. We are using a dedicated server and want to avoid using the init.sqf and rather the initServer.sqf and initPlayerLocal.sqf. Should the briefings & tasks go into which one of these? Am I correct that they just need to actually be launched fron initPlayerLocal? Just want to avoid having 3 different inits in my missions.

You can also add them in initServer.sqf. The only prerequisite is that it is executed on the server

• Like 1

Does Eden Editor replace the need for this task tracker?

No. EdenTT (if that is what you arecreffering to) is a front-end for FHQ TT.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Eden did not adress tasks and briefings. There are still the modules, but they have problems on dedicated servers, and you can not change the order of initialization.

A dedicated script set like mine or Shuko's is still the easiest and most bullet proof way of dealing with this.

Hello @Varanon,

first of all nice system you have build there!

I have a question to task restrictions.

Is there a way with the filters to restict tasks to special units for example for units in a special area:

([15425.1,18291.5,0] nearEntities ["Exile_Unit_Player", 20]);

So only this units get the tasks and not every unit on the server.

I try to use your system for a kind of quest system in the Arma 3 Exile Mod. 

And is this for you the right setup for CfgRemoteExec:

class CfgRemoteExec 
{
    class Functions 
    {
        mode = 2;
        jip = 0;
				class FHQ_fnc_ttifilterUnits								{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiAddBriefingEntry							{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiUpdateBriefingList							{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiGetTaskId									{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiGetTaskDesc								{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiGetTaskTitle								{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiGetTaskWp									{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiGetTaskTarget								{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiGetTaskState								{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiGetTaskName								{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiGetTaskType								{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiTaskExists									{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiCreateOrUpdateTask							{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiUpdateTaskList								{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiMissionTasks								{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiMissionBriefing							{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiUnitTasks									{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiUnitBriefing								{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiIsFilter									{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttiIsTaskState								{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttTaskHint									{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttAddBriefing									{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttAddTasks									{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttGetTaskState								{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttSetTaskState								{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttIsTaskCompleted								{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttAreTasksCompleted							{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttIsTaskSuccessful							{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttAreTasksSuccessful							{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttGetAllTasksWithState						{ allowedTargets=2; };
		class FHQ_fnc_ttSetTaskStateAndNext							{ allowedTargets=2; };
    };
    class Commands
    {
		mode=0;
		jip=0;
    };
};

5 minutes ago, Salutesh said:

first of all nice system you have build there!

I have a question to task restrictions.

Is there a way with the filters to restict tasks to special units for example for units in a special area:

([15425.1,18291.5,0] nearEntities ["Exile_Unit_Player", 20]);

So only this units get the tasks and not every unit on the server.

I try to use your system for a kind of quest system in the Arma 3 Exile Mod. 

And is this for you the right setup for CfgRemoteExec:

In general, you can always use a piece of code for filtering.

So, for example 

[
  {_x in (_pos nearEntities ["Exile_Unit_Player", 20])},
    [.... some task description ...]

] call FHQ_fnc_ttAddTasks;

this would basically do what you quoted...

Thanks for the CfgRemoteExec, I'll add that as an Example to the next release if you don't mind

26 minutes ago, Varanon said:

In general, you can always use a piece of code for filtering.

So, for example 

[
  {_x in (_pos nearEntities ["Exile_Unit_Player", 20])},
    [.... some task description ...]

] call FHQ_fnc_ttAddTasks;

this would basically do what you quoted...

Thanks for the CfgRemoteExec, I'll add that as an Example to the next release if you don't mind

Thank you for the fast reply!

I will try i out now!

Sure you can use that as example but i am not sure with the target part of each function, should the all target the server? 

Yes, all these functions have to work on the server

Hallo. Thank You for this great mod.

I would like to ask you for help with one of my missions. I used last version of task tracker with eden interface.

I encounter with this problem:

In mission is the task to destroy two vehicles named v1 and v2. For task to be successful I use trigger placed in eden editor.

Trigger is set to:  NONE, NONE, present

Condition: !alive v1 and !alive v2;

On Activation: t3 = true; ["task3", "succeeded", "task1", "task2"] call FHQ_fnc_ttSetTaskStateAndNext; hint “t3”;

Problem is: When both vehicles are destroyed by the same player everything works correctly. If each vehicle is destroyed by different players the trigger is activated, hint “t3” pops up, t3 is set to true, but task isn’t updated to succeeded and no notification pops up.

This happens on both, hosted and dedicated server. I tried also:

1) activate triggers only on server (checked box in the trigger: server only)

2) [...] remoteExec [“FHQ_fnc_ttSetTaskStateAndNext”, 2];

Doesn’t work.

Thank you for your help.

Mission link (workshop)

SOLVED:

There was a problem with global variabes in scripts. Not problem of this mod. 

1 hour ago, ivosh_cz said:

In mission is the task to destroy two vehicles named v1 and v2. For task to be successful I use trigger placed in eden editor.

Trigger is set to:  NONE, NONE, present

Condition: !alive v1 and !alive v2;

On Activation: t3 = true; ["task3", "succeeded", "task1", "task2"] call FHQ_fnc_ttSetTaskStateAndNext; hint “t3”;

Problem is: When both vehicles are destroyed by the same player everything works correctly. If each vehicle is destroyed by different players the trigger is activated, hint “t3” pops up, t3 is set to true, but task isn’t updated to succeeded and no notification pops up.

Strange. The only time this can fail is if the trigger is not running on the server. the Task Tracker functions must always be called on the server. 

I'll take a look at the mission later tonight when I'm home from work

Since update 1.68, I am unable to use the Eden plug in to generate new briefings or tasks, and briefings/tasks previously made using the plug in don't show up. I get these errors:

Error in expression <['addCategory', _this] call FHQ_fnc_tteEditBriefing;>
   Error position: <FHQ_fnc_tteEditBriefing;>
   Error Undefined variable in expression: fhq_fnc_tteeditbriefing

and for tasks:

Error in expression <['addTG', _this] call FHQ_fnc_tteEditTasks;>
   Error position: <FHQ_fnc_tteEditTasks;>
   Error Undefined variable in expression: fhq_fnc_tteedittasks

Has anyone else seen this / know of a fix? I am speculating that it has something to do with a change made in the latest update...

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

I'll check it.

Thanks Alwarren.

As an FYI, I also tested with a clean configuration of Arma 3, with the only mod being FHQ Eden TT. Had the same issues as my previous post.

Workshop version of FHQ EdenTT updated for patch 1.68. @gruukh let me know if this works for you. Thanks!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Workshop version of FHQ EdenTT updated for patch 1.68. @gruukh let me know if this works for you. Thanks!

I have updated and tested, and can confirm that I can see briefings / tasks created with the plugin in existing missions, and I can also create new task and briefing entries and groups. Confirmed that entries appear in game and that marker functionality for tasks is working.

Thanks very much for getting this fixed!!

• Like 1

Dear developers;

Here I leave a message for asking help to learn the modification of configuration of the pre-existing mission.

Situation:

I recently downloaded a mission from steam workshop.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=807914409

According to the distributor, the revival of units were prohibited by FHQ TaskTracker, and

is adjustable with param settings.

============================
I have used FHQ task tracker
- No revive (adjustable with param settings)
- Switch Team allowed
- Save enabled

After a number of playings, I decided to activate revival again to decrease difficulty for single-player environment.

I am familiar with DOS batch scripts and html language, but entirely new to Arma Moding and Scripting.

After reading a few documentations and comments,

I changed following parts in the PBO file in my documents folder, but nothing happened in gameplay.

(I replaced ("OUT_par_UseRevive" call BIS_fnc_getParamValue) with just 1 at line 1.

_iUseRevive = ("OUT_par_UseRevive" call BIS_fnc_getParamValue) ; 

if (_iUseRevive == 1) then {
    tcb_ais_realistic_mode             =     false;             // If set to true, units may die immediately if they get seriously wounded. If set to false, you are guaranteed a 100% chance to revive.
    tcb_ais_medical_education         =     0;                 // Who can revive an unconscious unit? 0 == Everybody, 1 == Everybody with a First Aid Kit or Medkit, 2 == Only Medics (this affects both, AI and players!).
};
if (_iUseRevive == 2) then {
    tcb_ais_realistic_mode             =     false;             // If set to true, units may die immediately if they get seriously wounded. If set to false, you are guaranteed a 100% chance to revive.
    tcb_ais_medical_education         =     0;                 // Who can revive an unconscious unit? 0 == Everybody, 1 == Everybody with a First Aid Kit or Medkit, 2 == Only Medics (this affects both, AI and players!).
};
if (_iUseRevive == 3) then {

Here I beg your assist to solve this problem.

Where can I find to remove prohibition of revival?

Is my approach right? I'm not sure what I am doing.

Direct hint to the point is the best for me, however

Recommendation of well-organized document containing solution is also welcomed.

Thank you for reading.