Hey Varanon,

thank you for this nice script, I was almost to do smth like this myself, but you saved me some time :)

May I ask your permission to modify the code to support better localization? What I want to achieve, is when string supplied as task name and descriptions is a string starting with "STR_" the script would use it as localization key and not text.

Then forward these changes to you. What will you say for that?

Hey Varanon,

thank you for this nice script, I was almost to do smth like this myself, but you saved me some time :)

May I ask your permission to modify the code to support better localization? What I want to achieve, is when string supplied as task name and descriptions is a string starting with "STR_" the script would use it as localization key and not text.

Then forward these changes to you. What will you say for that?

Sure, feel free to do so.

Note, though, that I already have a newer version that will come out as soon as 1.58 is ready, since it supports the new tasks and integrates with Eden.  So you might want to wait a bit, or I can send you the new versions and you can start working on that one... 

• Like 2

Hey, how do I update the location/ destination in a task? Do I have to create a new task or is it possible to update the location? Thanks.

Sure, feel free to do so.

Note, though, that I already have a newer version that will come out as soon as 1.58 is ready, since it supports the new tasks and integrates with Eden.  So you might want to wait a bit, or I can send you the new versions and you can start working on that one... 

dropped a PM, but seems you did not get it. Agree for 1.58 :)

dropped a PM, but seems you did not get it. Agree for 1.58 :)

I got it, I just didn't answer yet, sorry. Been kind of busy over the weekend...

I'll try to answer tomorrow

Hey, how do I update the location/ destination in a task? Do I have to create a new task or is it possible to update the location? Thanks.

Nevermind, got around it by having a parent task with child tasks. Which was infinitely prettier and neater.

However, a new problem surfaced. The tasks I'm making does not show up for clients, they only show up for host. Also there's no notification when creating or changing tasks, I have to call one manually.

This is the call I use when creating the first task.

// CREATE TASKS
[west, [_taskName, _taskDescriptionLong, _mission_name, _taskDescriptionWaypoint], 
[[_taskName2, _taskname], _taskDescriptionLong2, _mission_name2, _taskDescriptionWaypoint, _randomPos, "created"]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

// MANUAL NOTIFICATION
["TaskCreated",["",_mission_name + "<br/>" + _taskDescriptionWaypoint]] remoteExec ["bis_fnc_showNotification"];

The variables are correct, and they transfer perfectly on the hosts side. But do not show up

Are you sure you execute fhqtt2.sqf everywhere ? It also needs to run on the clients

Are you sure you execute fhqtt2.sqf everywhere ? It also needs to run on the clients

Yes, I added per the readme this line in the Init.sqf:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "missions\fhqtt2.sqf";

Worth mentioning is perhaps that the code in my previous post is just run on the server.

Read back a couple of pages in this thread. And came across where you said you could add an empty briefing in the beginning, in init.sqf. 

[] call FHQ_TT_addBriefing;

I did that, and suddenly clients could see the tasks I was creating. Still no notifications though.

Read back a couple of pages in this thread. And came across where you said you could add an empty briefing in the beginning, in init.sqf. 

[] call FHQ_TT_addBriefing;

I did that, and suddenly clients could see the tasks I was creating. Still no notifications though.

Right, that is an old error. Is fixed in the next version, but that depends on 1.58, so it will come out once 1.58 is out.

Regarding the notification, be aware that the first call to addTasks will not put out notifications. This is to prevent a spam of notifications at the beginning of the game that would pop up if there are several tasks created at once.

Right, that is an old error. Is fixed in the next version, but that depends on 1.58, so it will come out once 1.58 is out.

Regarding the notification, be aware that the first call to addTasks will not put out notifications. This is to prevent a spam of notifications at the beginning of the game that would pop up if there are several tasks created at once.

Okay, thank you, it all works now, for clients and host.

Look forward to the update!

EDIT: If I can make a request, it would be nice to be able to delete child tasks, so that the task list doesn't become cluttered when you have a lot of tasks.

Edited by Fiddi

A new version of FHQ Task Tracker is now available for download. First post updated with the news and link.

Prominent new features are support for the new 1.58 task overhaul, as well as an Eden Editor extension that allows you to use the Task Tracker from within Eden directly

• Like 1

New mod v4.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Varanon , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Very nice, love the Eden interface.

Hi Varanon

This task tracker is amazing and so easy to use, especially with the Eden Plugin! Thank you!

I have just a question. How would you go about about setting a task to succeeded?

I tried using command task_ID setTaskState "Succeeded"; but for some reason it wont fire.

Regards

Twak.

Edit: I did not look at the actual functions of the script, and only used the Eden Plugin. 

I tried using command task_ID setTaskState "Succeeded"; but for some reason it wont fire.

You need to use the actual functions from the FHQ TaskTracker package. You'd say ["taskID", "succeeded"] call FHQ_fnc_ttSetTaskState; to set the task to succeeded.

It seems using the Eden editor extension to set tasks and briefing isn't being run on JIP players.

It seems using the Eden editor extension to set tasks and briefing isn't being run on JIP players.

It is, I used it several times. What is your setup?

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

It is, I used it several times. What is your setup?

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Hm.

FHQ itself was set up in the description.ext under cfgFunctions.

Briefings including an example were written in the briefings section in Eden, tasks in the tasks one. Both briefing and task were entered in every units attribute box. Tasks states during the mission as well as new tasks were updated by trigger.

In another part of our mission framework, we have a postinit function that among other things looks for a boolean defined in an hpp, which if set to true will compile preprocessFileLineNumbers an SQF file for in file tasks and briefing stuff with templates. This is set to false by default so it won't run.

I have a copy of my mission here although with external dependencies it might not be very helpful.

--

During the mission, JIP players saw notifications of task state changes as well as the creation of new tasks but were unable to see the tasks or briefing tabs itself.

Just a heads-up, gonna look into this asap.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

I am looking for some direction on how to use FHQ_fnc_ttiCreateOrUpdateTask.  More specifically I am looking for to update a task type.

IE: I have a task for a power station and my players have an option to destroy to hamper enemy ability to govern.

If destroyed I would like to update task type to "repair" because now you have a civilian asset which will need to be repaired to gain respect.

This looks to be the function I am looking for But I am not reading the params with comprehension. Thanks for any help!

I am looking for some direction on how to use FHQ_fnc_ttiCreateOrUpdateTask.  More specifically I am looking for to update a task type.

IE: I have a task for a power station and my players have an option to destroy to hamper enemy ability to govern.

If destroyed I would like to update task type to "repair" because now you have a civilian asset which will need to be repaired to gain respect.

This looks to be the function I am looking for But I am not reading the params with comprehension. Thanks for any help!

Never use tti functions, they are purely internal (and thus not documented).

It's currently not possible to change the type of a task once it's created, so you'd basically have to cancel the original and create a new one.

Anything with the "tti" prefix is internal and intentionally not documented, and should not be called by user code.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Varanon :)