_xetex_

Unofficial downgrader 1.99 to 1.96 for License version Arma: CWA

I welcome all the community BIS!

Congratulations Bohemia InteraÑtive Team with release ARMA III!:)

But today I want to introduce the community to set its unofficial "patch" Arma: CWA

All players, even outside of these forums know that after the release of patch 1.99 in the community split.

Most of the players left in the version 1.96.

This is explained by the lack of a server for the Linux operating system and various other problems.

But as it is known today, has been available only game version 1.99, under which very few servers - 1 or 2 permanent.

This unofficial "patch" or "backup" (you can call it whatever you want) will help erase the invisible border by adding the ability to run the version 1.96 in which there is a rich choice of servers for multiplayer!

P.S I acknowledge that all content belongs to the archive only Bohemia Interactive and dont have set a goal to impair their well-being.

My efforts have been made to the patch did not work on pirate versions. For pirates - :p

About work: The assembly included the latest update all the necessary files for version 1.96. The main priority of the patch - its size - 4.68 MB, and full backward compatibility with version 1.99.

P.P.S "Patching" the game will be possible only if the licensed version and nothing else! I also try to reduce the file size and it and correct all errors. Sorry for my bad english.:o

WARNING!

The file does NOT change the game's executable files ColdWarAssault.exe and ColdWarAssaultPreferences.exe!

Install on Steam:

Install on BI Version:

>>>DOWNLOAD [95]<<<
VIRUSTOTAL.COM LOG (Clear file) [95]

✸ V95 \ patch_custom_1.96_stable_v95_lic_bis.exe [updated 18.02.17]
- Czech language is now working in default Arma: CWA without additional lang components (Fixed bug in Preferences.csv due to which it was originally unavailable)
- "Rebranding" - is now it's [4RTech] OFP Clan production
- Polish language separated
- Patch Preferences.csv adapted to 15th annivesary update (Aspect ratio avaible)
- Now duplicate to Res folder only original files
- UninstallOldPatch.bat replace to HPRemover.exe (now remove correctly working on Windows 8/8.1/10)

• Like 1

I wonder why is nobody responding. Does this patch work?

And why has this post been reported? :confused:

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Maybe it has been reported because 'unofficial patches' sounds fishy?

As always I don't recommend downloading executables when you don't know what they are doing.

I wonder why is nobody responding.

Well, maybe because of this: "Not found Arma: CWA 1.99 on your computer or OFPR 1.96 already installed. Patching is not possible!".

Other than that I'm surprised by Wolle's reponse. Knowing the forum I would expect the guy to be warned, kicked and banned. I was actually taking bets...

• Like 1

The patch adds files to run 1.96. At 1.96 more servers.

Yes of course can delete all of this and ban me. But many people have written to me and expressed their thanks when installed it on Steam version. If you're interested, I can record a video on the use of a moderator to send files to a separate archive with comments.

Faguss, "Patch" can not be installed when don't have purchased game - I have no right to remove this restriction, trying to be as honest with Bohemia Interactive.

best regards _XeTeX_

Edited by _XeTeX_

I have original game and I have both OFP and CWA installed and I'd like to see how this patch works and how Fwatch works with it.

Also I'm not a big fan of paternalism.

Thanks for this, I have OFP + Resistance and ArmA CWA but I was to lazy to search for my OFP Resistance manual so I installed CWA.

And there's really like 0 servers for it.

I really wonder why did you disabled comments on your youtube video? Are you afraid of criticism?

Icarus, in this topic, you can give any suggestions, comments, recommendations, and express themselves freely. :)

P.S Want to comment on Youtube? - always welcome. I removed the restriction on adding comments. But I will not read them on Youtube...

P.P.S virustotal.com log

Edited by _XeTeX_

_XeteX_, I do not want to be blaming you blindly.

Sorry about that, but I am having trouble in trusting you, since you removed the download link.

You may have done that because of forum rules, or because of other reasons. I don't know.

Maybe after enough people will have reported your patch as "clean" I will give it a shot.

Until then I wish you all the best, seriously.

Icarus, i am open to all, I do not hide your work, "patch", I am ready to give anyone interested in PM.

Link to the patch in the first topic has been deleted by moderators, and not by me.

I am ready for any questions about the work done. If I had something to hide - I would not raise this discussion.

I have a version of the OFP on two CD's (CWC and Resistance). When I saw what came out "patch" 1.99, I was at a loss on how it is huge (in fact it was not even a "patch", it was a new game). new version is not compatible with the old as well as a minimum of changes in 1.99 explains why now, almost no one is playing (not just servers).

those who still make modifications and mission (including me) are still on the old version because that invisible reason to make something at 1.99 ... it's just the same game but a different version. those script commands that introduces a new version does not make sense (as long learned alternative methods).

what I am saying is all...

When I heard about this patch is that I Interested. I saved all the files from the 1.96 version and deleted the game. then installed version 1.99 ... then patched it (175.5 megabytes? seriously?). Finally I installed the patch! and how I was glad to see that =)

Now I do not have two games in different folders, now is one single folder! I can run 1.99 and 1.96 then when I need to and store additional addons and modifications in a single directory (you can not imagine how much space you need for additional add-ons and modifications for missions?).

the idea without this patch, I had to have on your computer two nearly identical games 1.99 and 1.96 and I had to copy all the extra add-ons to both folders! this is disgusting. but with this patch everything fell into place. I am very pleased with the patch _XeTeX_.

I can finally leave my old CD's at rest and send them to retire.

Edited by 4spirin

Hello, I would like to thank developer for his patch because it is very useful: as previously written, having basically two copies of the same game installed on PC just for sake of being able to play online is quite annoying... Thank to this patch this issue got fixed! :)

Thanks for the patch.

I can confirm that it works. Our waiting days are over.

Modders should sticky this.

Its really odd to see people creating forum accounts just to thank the creator of the "patch"... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Sorry about that, but I am having trouble in trusting you, since you removed the download link.

You may have done that because of forum rules, or because of other reasons. I don't know.

Maybe after enough people will have reported your patch as "clean" I will give it a shot.

I removed the download links because this "patch" sounded suspicious to me. _XeteX_ has nothing to do with this.

However since this "patch" seems not to modify any original game files but just copies the files around and finally let you play either 1.96 or 1.99 I see no problem with linking to these files again.

Yet you should be aware that you run this "patch" on your own risk.

• Like 1

Its really odd to see people creating forum accounts just to thank the creator of the "patch"... :rolleyes:

If Andreson is the same Andreson from the steam forums, then I recognize him :P

Apologize for the broken link today - there is a small problem with the registrar. :o

Because of this, I added a new link.

Like he said, I ain't touching that too. Either more people say it's cool and clean, or it can go rot.

But out of topic, wouldn't that be possible for devs to just give us both versions of CWA in Steam? I think it would be simple.

EDIT: _XeTeX_, would that be possible to give the patch in a .zip file rather than .exe? I am really allergic to new and not-proven installers, these can always turn out to be dangerous and just wreck your computer.

Edited by Tyrsero

_XeTeX_, would that be possible to give the patch in a .zip file rather than .exe? I am really allergic to new and not-proven installers, these can always turn out to be dangerous and just wreck your computer.

Zip archive can check for installed game on the computer and convert key for use on old vesrison 1.96?

I'm not going to give away the pirates their work.

If you are not convinced the log from the site, or you are afraid to break your computer - just do not use the "patch."

:)

I know your English is bad, but what are you trying to say in the sentence "I'm not going to give away the pirates their work." ?

Do you want to tell us that the patch is not your work or that you are afraid the people that pirate the game will use it?

I say:

that you are afraid the people that pirate the game will use it?

But you've said that it works on licensed version of CWA only, then why are you afraid of pirates using it?