Sign in to follow this  
Steg

Bradley Pics.

Maybe it's my imagination but as I was poking about on the different fansites, I coulda swore I saw a model of a Bradley Fighting vehicle. I thought, perhaps I may be wrong, The Bradley fighting vehicle was still in it's testing phase in 1985. Am I mistaken?

BI has forgotten about the 1985 feature long time ago ;P

Anyway the more vehicles the more fun.

Yep, the more the merrier, although I'd also like to see something besides the newest, sexiest hardware. Take a look in Steel Panthers II, for example, and set the timeline to 1985. All that stuff in the resulting unit database, that's what I want to play around with.

I've got all the Steel Panthers series, lol. I play them on airplanes while I am on the road and piss off the people in the seats next to me on airplanes, lol.

The bradley would be a good opposer for the BMP and it looks GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD on the screenshots!

Steg the M2/M3 Bradley (I don't know which one it is in the game, I would imagine M2) first entered service in 1983.

In reply to Oberon3d, BIS never forgot the 1985 theme and has not stuck one unit that doesn't fit the timeline into the campaign. The exception to this would be the M1A1, which by some slip up was called an M1A1 instead of an M1 Abrams.

Finally, Damage Inc, the Apache has been under production since 1982. So unfortunatly cheeky monkey, it hasn't been around as long as 25 years, but 19 comfortably places it within the time era.

And for God sake Gorgi Knootewoot, do you have anything to contribute to these forums? (oh, and how do you do those cool things with the smily faces?)

(Edited by The Jub Jub Bird at 9:44 pm on Nov. 7, 2001)

Thanks for clearing things up for me, Jub Jub.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from cheeky monkey on 5:30 am on Nov. 8, 2001

I'm sure the apache was around in 85 considering its about 25 years old now, correct me if i'm wrong

<span id='postcolor'>

Yup, the AH-64 entered service in 1985. It would still have had that new-car smell when flying around Everon, but it would have been available for deployment.

Well, let me say something, and please correct me if i'm wrong.

I think that M1 abrams in the game is really M1A1.

Look at this pic. This is M1 abrams:

m1-003.jpg

This the the M1A1:

m1a1-980120-A-0000K-002.jpg

This is the OPF version of the tank:

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,377887-199,00.htm

Look at the back wheel and look at the gun. You'll see that M1a1 in OPf have the same big gun as this one in the real life, and the back wheel is the same too.

(Edited by SpaceAlex at 4:50 am on Nov. 8, 2001)

yea the M1 and M1A1 are the same thing except the M1A2 the M1 is the tank itself the A* what ever number is the model now a days the US uses M1A2 back in 85, when they frist came out were M1A1 get it?

Off topic here,

But, would you please read <url>http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m1.htm</url>

The top picture is a M1 NOT a M1A1.

There was the M1 Abrams with a 105mm rifled cannon. Then in 1985 as the first intial M1A1s rolled off the lines with the new 120mm smooth bore the M1s where upgraded to M1A1 specification. (Cheaper than building whole new ones).

The M1A2 is a further enhancement of the M1A1 with upgraded electronics and survillance equipment.

In 1985 there would be NO M1A1s on such a small minor area this game is placed in. However neither would there be Apaches (also limited numbers and far from this engagement zone, nor humvess really.) Which brings me to my conclusion, you can have them but I want my T-84. Seems only logical that if premium NATO equipment was available so would be there Soviet.

Ok well apparently <url></url> isn't the way to make a link here, anyone care to point out the proper way?

Also the M1A1 and M1A2 look almost identical from the outside save a few minor differences.

Oh, also that smaller MG is the M240 7.62mm for the loader which can be dismounted for local security or switched to the Commanders position if the M2 fails. M1s, M1A1s, and M1A2s had both of the top MGs.

The first picture is M1 Abrams, and the second onw is M1A1 not M1A2. All three versions of the tanks have two Mguns on the top of the tank. One Mgun have loader, and one the commader.

And you can nothest the difference between the M1 and M1A1. I told you, that you must look at the back wheel and the gun, and you can see that M1a1 have better armour. You'll see a huge difference, OK. and the game tank is M1a1, not original M1. You can compare the flashpoint M1A1 with the real one and you'll see they are the same(except the Mguns, which are not on the game tank)