sabre

US Army & USMC Infantry Textures

Not sure If I will update them or not, there is already a shitload of simple retextures out there and I'm not sure we need more of the same.

True, but none match the quality work you output ;)

hello,

you need an edited "b_soldier_01.p3d" for use your custom .nohq, .smdi, .as, with rvmat ?

thank you

Sabre's got 666 posts. I think he wants to keep that. :P

I wouldn't mind seeing this mod fixed up and updated either. Also Cross's suggestions seem to be pretty cool too. Perhaps also make a replacement config to replace default NATO troops with these?

hey I downloaded this mod yesterday (because it looked absolutely f*cking awesome) and I CAN'T FIND THE FILE ANYWHERE. Not under Arma 3 in My Files or in Steam under Program Files (x86). Any help?

oh, and by the way, does this mod include an multicam version of the ECH-light, or is it just the standard ECH?

hey I downloaded this mod yesterday (because it looked absolutely f*cking awesome) and I CAN'T FIND THE FILE ANYWHERE. Not under Arma 3 in My Files or in Steam under Program Files (x86). Any help?

You downloaded the file, and you expect anyone here to know where you put it?

oh, and by the way, does this mod include an multicam version of the ECH-light, or is it just the standard ECH?

Download it again and pay attention to where you put the file. It's that simple. You don't need to type in all caps. If you don't know how your internet browser works, then there are other places to seek out such info. If you're using PlayWithSix (I personally don't use it as it runs really slow on my PC) then you'll have to ask someone else. Where did you download it from?

Sabre's got 666 posts. I think he wants to keep that. :P

I wouldn't mind seeing this mod fixed up and updated either. Also Cross's suggestions seem to be pretty cool too. Perhaps also make a replacement config to replace default NATO troops with these?

Didn't even notice, but now I've already ruined it and am disappointed.

I think I have a version of the US Army retextures updated and working with no errors at the moment (Dev-Build anyway as it's what I use) I might take another look today and see if it is still working. If they do i'll upload them, then I might look at the USMC stuff, I don't really like these anymore so motivation comes and goes :D

In regards to a replacement config, if someone wants to make one i'll include it, however seeing as I don't really play many, or any, SP missions etc. it's not really a priority for me.

I noticed these don't have the shiny overlay on the arms for the ir flag. Are the models you use the old bis ones from the alpha?

Hey guys,

So as people where getting errors and they still wanted to make use of these, the US Army part of these retextures has received some config updates to hopefully remove the errors that popped up due to the updated classnames from alpha to beta to full a3. I also added some of the other Helmet versions I had lying around.

USMC versions will probably receive the update as well, but no timeline as to when that will happen right now.

Hopefully it all works ok, it all seemed to work for me on the Dev Build, and you all enjoy it.

arma3%202014-01-09%2014-17-17-04s.jpgarma3%202014-01-09%2014-15-54-62s.jpg

arma3%202014-01-09%2014-14-35-89s.jpghelms1s.jpg

(Weapons are RHARD Mk18's/M4 Block II's)

Links:

----------

US Army 0.5 - Armaholic - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19319

- Dropbox - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56844908/AddonReleases/SBE_Army.7z

BIKEY - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56844908/AddonReleases/sbe_Bikey.rar

These add simple retextures of Bohemia Interactive's BLUFOR NATO Troops in Multicam representing another take on ArmA3 time period US Army Infantry.

0.5 (U.S Army) -Older changes in first post.

----------

-Fixed config's due to Beta/Dev Build updated classnames etc.

-Added Painted and Cam Net ECH Helmets and a Painted 'OpsCore' Helmet.

-Removed Weapons Crate, plans changed since earlier versions, so it's no longer required.

----------

Bohemia Interactive - Models, Textures, Original versions of all edited textures.

ArdvarkDB - Model edits, configs, config help (putting up with retarded questions :D)

Sabre - Texture edits (Diffuse, Normal, Specular), configs.

Thanks

----------

BIS - For allowing and giving permission for the models to be edited.

Scarecrow - config help

antoineflemming - config fixes

Pauliesss - more config edits.

----------

Have a good one,

Sabre.

Edited by Sabre

Hey antoineflemming

i downloaded it from Armaholic. (the US Army mod) I clicked the download option, and it did it straight away without the window popping up asking me where I wanted to put it.

Well that one is old now anyway mate, right click and save as on the link above and you should be all good from there.

Hey antoineflemming

i downloaded it from Armaholic. (the US Army mod) I clicked the download option, and it did it straight away without the window popping up asking me where I wanted to put it.

maybe it didn't download it. Do the second mirror (the bottom link). Sometimes when clicking the first mirror, it'll bounce back to the same page for me.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

PS:

Link to the bikey did not work, so on my page we are still linking to the key you made available earlier. Is that ok or did the key also get updated?

Good work on the units !

I think if someone could make a replacement pack out of it with the incorporation of RH's Mk18 addon to change the default weapons as well to make NATO as on screenshots, I would be in heaven ! :)

Good work on the units !

I think if someone could make a replacement pack out of it with the incorporation of RH's Mk18 addon to change the default weapons as well to make NATO as on screenshots, I would be in heaven ! :)

Fully Agree!!!!!

Or using the FHQM4 Addon, it would be great!

Replacement Pack for this would be sweet. Looking for something like that for ages.

Wonderful work Sabre, one question, do you plan on porting over the models you used in your U.S. Army, and SOTG Mods? Those uniforms we're amazing! I'm sure the community would love to play with them again. Anyway, thanks for the update, hope to see more in the future!

Hope you can also update the Marines.. the were the best units.

Thanks for your work!

Hi there, Sabre!

I'm a member of a group that really likes your units, but we were curious if it would be okay if we create a separate config file that changes loadouts and expands on some of the missing classes like AARs, without modifying your original release.

Thank you.

Hint hint :D

I actually did a little bit on them the other day, other more fun projects are taking up my 'arma time' lately :p

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Hi there, Sabre!

I'm a member of a group that really likes your units, but we were curious if it would be okay if we create a separate config file that changes loadouts and expands on some of the missing classes like AARs, without modifying your original release.

Thank you.

Yeah mate, if it is just a separate modded config file and it's for use within your group, then go for it thumbsup.gif

Edited by Sabre

Replacement Pack for this would be sweet. Looking for something like that for ages.

This. I would love to see a replacement pack for this. It would be high quality stuff to see it in use in the campaign.