sabre

US Army & USMC Infantry Textures

My favorite Textures yet for ArmA 3, I love these so much, they would look so much better with M4s tho : )

Derp, i'm always overlooking stupid things in configs.

Thanks mate, will take a look.

EDIT: Nope it's not that the USMC 0.3 config's are already 'suitpack_blufor_diver'

So, I took a look at your USMC, and the problem is that your unit classnames and the uniformClass under the uniforms didn't match. For example, you had the uniformClass as B_SBE_MARD_Soldier_F and the soldier's classname as D_SBE_USMC_Soldier_F. They need to be the same thing.

Oh, and by the way, your t-shirt uniforms aren't right. I think your model for them is wrong.

Ok thanks i'll take a look at that a little later.

Not worried about those T-Shirt ones, I don't want them in.

I installed the addon and loaded it into the game, but when I go to the box and put on the USMC uniforms they just come up as a white t-shirt. Anyone know what Might be wrong there? Also is it possible for you to release just a replacement version for multicam?

Cheers Foxhound. :)

@mumblz - It's a config issue with the USMC uniforms, it's being looked into.

Hey Sabre can we get a list of the classnames for the uniforms and equipment? :)

Cheers Foxhound. :)

@mumblz - It's a config issue with the USMC uniforms, it's being looked into.

Thanks for the head up sabre, awesome work on the unit other wise they look great, if you do a replacement for the standard MTP textures ill love you :).

Hey Sabre can we get a list of the classnames for the uniforms and equipment? :)

US Army:

Shirt (long): U_SBE_Army_B_CombatUniform_mcam

Shirt (Rolled): U_SBE_Army_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest

Shirt (t shirt): U_SBE_Army_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirt

Plate carrier: V_SBE_Army_PlateCarrier1_rgr

Carrier light: V_SBE_Army_PlateCarrier1_cbr

Carrier 2: V_SBE_Army_PlateCarrier2_rgr

Carrier GL: V_SBE_Army_PlateCarrierGL_rgr

Helmet: H_SBE_Army_HelmetB

Bandolier (Not 100% this and the cap works, haven't tested): V_SBE_Army_BandollierB_rgr

Cap: H_SBE_Army_MilCap_mcamo

The USMC ones are along the same lines:

Shirts:

U_SBE_USMC_B_CombatUniform_mcamD

U_SBE_USMC_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirtD

U_SBE_USMC_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vestD

Carriers:

V_SBE_USMC_PlateCarrier1_rgrD

V_SBE_USMC_PlateCarrier1_cbrD

V_SBE_USMC_PlateCarrier2_rgrD

V_SBE_USMC_PlateCarrierGL_rgrD

Helmet: H_SBE_USMC_HelmetD

For the woodland variant remove the 'D' from the end.

US Army:

Shirt (long): U_SBE_Army_B_CombatUniform_mcam

Shirt (Rolled): U_SBE_Army_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest

Shirt (t shirt): U_SBE_Army_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirt

Plate carrier: V_SBE_Army_PlateCarrier1_rgr

Carrier light: V_SBE_Army_PlateCarrier1_cbr

Carrier 2: V_SBE_Army_PlateCarrier2_rgr

Carrier GL: V_SBE_Army_PlateCarrierGL_rgr

Helmet: H_SBE_Army_HelmetB

Bandolier (Not 100% this and the cap works, haven't tested): V_SBE_Army_BandollierB_rgr

Cap: H_SBE_Army_MilCap_mcamo

The USMC ones are along the same lines:

Shirts:

U_SBE_USMC_B_CombatUniform_mcamD

U_SBE_USMC_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirtD

U_SBE_USMC_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vestD

Carriers:

V_SBE_USMC_PlateCarrier1_rgrD

V_SBE_USMC_PlateCarrier1_cbrD

V_SBE_USMC_PlateCarrier2_rgrD

V_SBE_USMC_PlateCarrierGL_rgrD

Helmet: H_SBE_USMC_HelmetD

For the woodland variant remove the 'D' from the end.

<3

Hey Sabre,

First off, I love these as much as I love your multicam US Army guys for OA.

I'm having problems though. I can't assign the gear via a unit's init line.

this adduniform doesn't work for any uniforms and this addheadgear only works for the desert helmet, not the woodland one. I'm trying to add these uniforms to the default "Blue" units because the units you provide don't work with BTC Revive(that's an issue for him though).

Any thoughts or ideas on this? Have you made it somehow so that the uniforms will only work with the units specifically from your mod maybe?

this adduniform doesn't work for any uniforms and this addheadgear only works for the desert helmet, not the woodland one. I'm trying to add these uniforms to the default "Blue" units because the units you provide don't work with BTC Revive(that's an issue for him though).

Any thoughts or ideas on this? Have you made it somehow so that the uniforms will only work with the units specifically from your mod maybe?

Did you remove the original uniform from the units before adding the new one?

Amazing quality of workmanship in this!! Many thanks. Absolutely DIGGING the US Army as I have formed a squad of guys on a server I frequent and we all run it along with M4's for Force Recon. Anticipating the USMC variants to be fixed for the crates. Any updates you can share with us sir?

Did you remove the original uniform from the units before adding the new one?

Actually, you don't have to do that. Or at least, you didn't have to when the Alpha was initially released.

this adduniform doesn't work for any uniforms and this addheadgear only works for the desert helmet, not the woodland one.

I am also having problems detecting the models via Dslyexci's gear menu. Could be related and hint towards some unorthodox config structure :)

Other than that, the textures and overall picture of the units are stunning! It's an unmatched level of quality and a very valuable addition to the game. Your units are currently my favorites :)

Edited by PurePassion
Dslyexci - Dyslexci - I'll never learn... :D

I am also having problems detecting the models via Dslyexci's gear menu. Could be related and hint towards some unorthodox config structure :)

Other than that, the textures and overall picture of the units are stunning! It's an unmatched level of quality and a very valuable addition to the game. Your units are currently my favorites :)

Well, I'll wait for permission from Sabre, but I've got his stuff working fine so I can send it to him and we'll see if he updates it... it's not the latest version though I don't think.

Not sure if this is even possible, but could a person make the OR tabs on the sleeves work while wearing night vision? Could that be possible?

Well, I'll wait for permission from Sabre, but I've got his stuff working fine so I can send it to him and we'll see if he updates it... it's not the latest version though I don't think.

Yeah thanks for that mate, i'll have a look and probably put an update up this afternoon or tonight.

Does that mean you can select them for the crates now also? Speaking USMC only a the Army ones already worked in the crate

Does that mean you can select them for the crates now also? Speaking USMC only a the Army ones already worked in the crate

In the next update, yes you will be able to.

Ok here is version 0.4 featuring config fixes that should now make all the gear grab-able and wearable from the gear crates.

-----------

US Army 0.4 - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/56844908/AddonReleases/SBE_ARMY_0.4.7z

Armaholic - US Army 0.4 - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19319

USMC 0.4 - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/56844908/AddonReleases/SBE_USMC_0.4.7z

Armaholic - USMC 0.4 - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19321

Thanks Foxhound.

-----------

-Fixed config's allowing all uniforms to be taken from crates Thanks to antoineflemming.

Bugs

----------

They should be ok now, but no doubt something else will come up :D

Credits

----------

Bohemia Interactive - Models, Textures, Original versions of all edited textures.

ArdvarkDB - Model edits, configs, config help (putting up with retarded questions )

Sabre - Texture edits (Diffuse, Normal, Specular), configs.

Thanks

----------

Scarecrow - config help

antoineflemming - config fixes

----------

Big thanks to Bohemia Interactive for a moddable Alpha version of ArmA3. It's bloody great. Imagine what it will be like even at 'Beta'

Hopefully it all works ok and you all enjoy it.

Edited by Sabre
Armaholic Links

Thanks Foxhound :D