Sign in to follow this  
terox

zeu_A3ServerBriefing ( A Serverside addon)

zeu_A3ServerBriefing

For Server Admins only

This is a server-side addon that remotely injects client-side viewable content into your server's mission briefings

Key features

• It creates
    •  
    • A briefing Subject entry (Customiseable title)
    •  
    • A briefing Diary entry (Customiseable content)
    •  
  • It does not create any addon dependancies in the mission
  • The clients do not need any addons, nor do they have to do anything for it to work for them
  • It is easily customised by the server admin without unpacking the addon

We use this to automatically add our teamspeak details, web address and server rules etc to the mission briefings without having to edit the missions.

Requirements
CBA (Extended eventhandlers) installed on the server

To edit the content

• stop the server
  • Edit the following file
  • userconfig\zeu\zeu_A3serverBriefing.hpp in your root ArmA3 install
  • start the server
  • Done

LINKS
Screenshot with customised entry for zeus community (350 kB)
Download it here v1.0

This addon is purely server-side, therefore keys and bisigns are not needed.

Changelog
v1.0 Alpha (release version)

F.A.Q
(None as yet)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

IMPORTANT

The 1.52 ArmA patch has broken this addon, due to the automatic implementation of NoFilepatching

NoFilepatching is a security measure to stop clients from running scripts not in a pbo folder.

This is not supposed to effect the server files but it does.

This addon execvm's a script inside the server's userconfig folder which the implementation of NoFilepatching will now disallow.

However, there is an easy workaround for this, you need to do 2 things.......

To fix this issue serverside, you need to do 2 things

1. server commandline parameter: -filepatching
  2. servercfg entry:  allowedFilePatching = 1; (This is the file where you set the server admin password etc)

Now your automatic briefing injector addon is back in business, enjoy

Edited by terox
  • Thanks 1

Very clever and useful.

Is it possible to make a script ver of this ?

Great addon wish this was out for all the times I needed it in ArmA 2

for adding directly to a mission ?

if that's the intention then yes, I can do that but it is kinda pointless

just unpack it. It isn't a complicated script

Just a pointer, by putting this addon in a -mod folder and / or CBA, it will create a yellow icon colour on the gamespy browser.

This may confuse some players, so may reduce the number of new players connecting.

Although it is a bit of a bodge and not best practice, an easy remedy for this is to add the addons directly to the BIS addon folder then you will be nice and green

Edited by Terox

That is so counter productive.

If you want to script it into your mission, add the briefing as you would normally in any mission?

The point of this addon is so that you can inject this info into ANY mission without modifying the PBO of the mission.

Wow this is a great idea!! Was this not possible in A2?

Installing on server today!!

It is possible in Arma2. Mike made something similar for the CiA Arma 2 coop server. Too bad he's banned from this forum...

It is possible in Arma2. Mike made something similar for the CiA Arma 2 coop server. Too bad he's banned from this forum...

The longest two month ban in the history of two month bans, eh? ;D

Disregard that. It's working now.

------------------------

Does this work for dedicated servers? I have done everything but my players still not see it.

Am I missing something?

I have made a @zeu folder inside Arma 3 root and there's an "addons" folder inside it where I have put the .pbo file.

I have added "-mod=@CBA_A3;@zeu" to the launch parameters too but still no luck.

Edited by farooqaaa

Thanks for this Terox, simple but effective way to add your server/TS details/info to your server :cool:

Do you have a link to this addon that Mike created? I'd love to try it out!

The 1.52 ArmA patch has broken this addon, due to the automatic implementation of NoFilepatching

NoFilepatching is a security measure to stop clients from running scripts not in a pbo folder.

This is not supposed to effect the server files but it does.

This addon execvm's a script inside the server's userconfig folder which the implementation of NoFilepatching will now disallow.

However, there is an easy workaround for this, you need to do 2 things.......

To fix this issue serverside, you need to do 2 things

1. server commandline parameter: -filepatching
  2. servercfg entry:  allowedFilePatching = 1; (This is the file where you set the server admin password etc)

Now your automatic briefing injector addon is back in business, enjoy

• Like 1

So I've implemented this on my personal dedicated server.  I've followed your directions in the /Docs/ folder as well as your above post afaik.  The terminal tells me that you have a scripting error in the pbo's init.sqf file, on line 19.  It says that the variable "_handle" is undefined.

The terminal log just has an endless loop, repeating each second, of this scripting error.

edit-- for disclosure, and i hope this isn't the reason why it's happening:  i made everything lower-case in the userconfig and in the mod's addons folder because this is a linux server and it hates things that aren't lowercase.

edit^2-- i also am getting a script error in your serverskill mod's verification mission on Stratis to check that it's working properly.  in the mission's init.sqf, the variable "zeu_serverskill" is undefined from line 138 thru line 209.

So I've implemented this on my personal dedicated server.  I've followed your directions in the /Docs/ folder as well as your above post afaik.  The terminal tells me that you have a scripting error in the pbo's init.sqf file, on line 19.  It says that the variable "_handle" is undefined.

The terminal log just has an endless loop, repeating each second, of this scripting error.

edit-- for disclosure, and i hope this isn't the reason why it's happening:  i made everything lower-case in the userconfig and in the mod's addons folder because this is a linux server and it hates things that aren't lowercase.

edit^2-- i also am getting a script error in your serverskill mod's verification mission on Stratis to check that it's working properly.  in the mission's init.sqf, the variable "zeu_serverskill" is undefined from line 138 thru line 209.

Sounds like a lower case issue with linux.

Unpack the pbo, check the config file for any case sensitivity, especially with file pathing , lower case everything, also check the case sensitivity on the userconfig folder and you should be fine

Having said that we run the a later version of the briefing addon on a linux build without any issues

You can grab that from here, it's in the exact state we run it on the server, so you will need to edit the userconfig file. There are more sections to this later one such as a rules page and a special events page. All fully editable

http://zeus-community.net/important/hosted/zserver1.zip

I have also included the server ai skill addon we currently use, this is much more powerful than that older depricated addon

Thank you.  Your content is very good quality.