Mission author

shark attack

Mission type = Hostage Rescue

8 man Special Ops Co-oP or single player

Spawn type = Group

version 1.4 Beta

Situation

----------

Two agents from the CIA's Special Activities Division have been captured by the Iranians.

The men are being held at a Military facility on the island of Statis and are awaiting transfer to Tehran.

Both men hold classified information about current and future operations. The men are ex elite operators

and have undergone training to resist interogation, however all men are breakable.

Unmanned aerial drones have been monitoring the site. Unfortunatly they have not been able to pinpoint the mens location.

Devgru are to be inserted by submarine and are to launch an assault on the site and locate and release the men.

Make good your escape and rendezvous with USS Boston for extraction.

*Note

MIA's could be in any of 12 locations within the Airfield.

Tested in Dedicated and local host co-op environment (non development build)

If any bugs are encountered during gameplay or throughout the development of Arma 3 please let me know.

Special thanks to ...

KommieKat

[swebat] Watar

The Rogue Warriors.

CiA

Armaholic

Changelog version 1.2 Alpha

====================

*Reduced player slots to a single 8 man team

*Playable as a single player mission

*Random start point for Seal team

*Seals now start in Zodiacs

*Tweaked player loadout

*Changed mission start time

*Re worked Enemy AI skill levels and locations

*Re worked random hostage locations

*Re worked task system

*Fixed hostage animations

*Hostages now engaged by enemy forces upon release

*Added Enemy airborne reinforcments

*Various script tweaks and fixes

*Mission end animations

*Reworked SOCOM radio chat

*Custom music

*Fully tested in deidicated environment and local host

Changelog version 1.3 Alpha

=====================

*Major Reduction of enemy AI skill levels

*Reduced enemy AI numbers

*Mission start time rolled back 40 mins

Changelog version 1.4 BETA

=====================

*Beta compatible

*New mission time [Clear moonlit night]

*New Player load outs

*New player units [Recon]

*New Team layout [added AT/ Paramedic/ AR / Marksman]

*Enemy AI tweaks [skills/positions/reinforcements]

*Added short Intro [uAV]

*Script tweaks

*Added more content [Vehicles/Objects]

*New Random start positions for Navy seals

*Tweaked briefing/ Tasks page

Changelog version 1.41 BETA

=====================

*fixed error when entering Inventory. [Missing image for boonie hats]

*Seals now wear Watch hats.

Download from Armaholic [bETA] v1.41

Steam workshop download

Edited by shark-attack
Updated

Shark-Attack's premier on Arma 3! Gonna have to check this out.

Gonna have to check this out.

That would be great Variable.

Any feedback good or bad, ideas or suggestions.

Would be more than welcome.

Hey shark-attack being a fan of your previous work we decided to check this out, and we were not disapointed.

Another quality mission, everything from the player loadout to the overall balance is really well thought out.

Found it a bit hard first up but soon got into the flow of things.

We played as a threesome on a local host server with each of us taking a team leader slot to utilize the group spawn and we were tested each time. We really like the fact that the hostages were in a different location each time we played and the little traps in place at the enemy barracks/prison.

We noticed that the enemy here also spring from random positions keeping us on our toes everytime. Bloody good fun.

Requests.

Although the player loadout is great for the mission type, would it be possible to give the player a choice of other available weapons ?

Would it be possible to start the teams in boats so they can maybe choose there own start off points. Starting in the bay so close to land limits the direction the groups can take for infil.

Would it possible to make a version using a revive script ?

I guess the Iranians broke Adam ? his rambling and complaining made us all laugh. A nice touch.

Another top quality production. Thanks for this mission !

X thanks ever so much for the feedback. Pleased you enjoyed the mission.

I like your suggestion about starting the teams in boats to give more of a choice for start off point (nice one). Will add when i update.

As for weapon selection. The paperdoll set up by Dslyecxi would be great, however im not sure if its mp friendly will look into it.

Maybe a medic only revive could be an option ?

@ daimyo7 .. Please more info amigo ... Any feedback good or bad or how i can fix / improve things ?

Starting work on converting this to a SP mission

Edited by shark-attack

Hey shark-attack

Played version 1.2 of this over the weekend with you and your mates and it was fantastic. A great session, thanks for putting up with me. The changes you made were spot on.

Any download link to the latest version ?

Just about done with update, will post up as soon as its properly tested.

Thanks for the interest soldier x.

:)

Shark-attack,

I want to say, first, I'm a big fan of your missions. Whenever I see your name on a mission, I know it's going to be good. I look forward to your future ArmA3 missions.

I made some adjustments to the DEVGRU Hostage Rescue mission for future use on the Phoenix Soldiers dedicated server.

- The tangos run around in their underwear, ever since the development build. I corrected this by adjusting your uniform script.

- Thanks to your kit work on the SEALs, I was able to adjust the kits and backpack contents.

Thank you Shark-attack.

silent_op

Hey silent_op thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

Also noticed the enemy running about in only there undercrackers on the dev build, :p Have fixed in the planned update. Thanks though for the heads up.

Working on adding at least one extra objective and have made some well needed but small changes to the mission set up for v 1.2.

Waiting on some testing results from a few friends before i post the update.

Again I thank you for taking time to post. Nice one

Any progress with the updated version of this mission ?

Hopefully tonight the new version will be tested on CiA coop night and this will allow shark-attack to issue a new version. :)

Mission updated

Changelog version 1.2 Alpha

======================

*Reduced player slots to a single 8 man team

*Playable as a single player mission

*Random start point for Seal team

*Seals now start in Zodiacs

*Tweaked player loadout

*Changed mission start time

*Re worked Enemy AI skill levels and locations

*Re worked random hostage locations

*Re worked task system

*Fixed hostage animations

*Hostages now engaged by enemy forces upon release

*Added Enemy airborne reinforcments

*Various script tweaks and fixes

*Mission end animations

*Reworked SOCOM radio chat

*Custom music

*Fully tested in deidicated environment and local host

Edited by shark-attack

I can't say I enjoyed this, but that's because we were two newbies, and it was just impossibly difficult for us. We couldn't even see the enemy, but they could blast us from long range even when we should have been well-hidden behind a stone wall.

I don't know how the AI can spot us so easily and shoot us so quickly, not matter how much cover we have. We can't see them at all through the grass, though they have no problem seeing us. And we might as well be crouched out in the open as behind a stone wall, since they're so incredibly accurate, even from a LONG way off. Of course, it's not just in your mission that that happens. But we couldn't even get started with this one. We tried it a couple of times, and were set down at two different locations at the airport, but we were slaughtered so quickly that it just wasn't any fun.

Most missions are difficult for us, but they can still be fun. This might have worked better if we could have come at it from a distance, on land, so we weren't just instantly in a firefight with far superior troops. I really don't know. But the mission ended before it had even begun (and every AI we respawned into was injured, so we couldn't have hit anything even if we'd seen them).

But keep in mind that we're just newbies. :)

Great mission but not at first - kept dying to quickly. Learnt to work in teams and take is at a steady pace.

As others have said earlier, can a revive system be implemented (say you can be revived 4 or 5 times then you die)

Can a setting be added to remove grass-gets annoying when you get shot trough grass and you cannot see enemy. (I know it reduces skill but for some of us would like to switch off at times)

Again good job.

As others have said earlier, can a revive system be implemented (say you can be revived 4 or 5 times then you die)

Shark attack, please don't add revive or respawn. It will only ruin the mission. Such unrealistic stuff will make it unplayable for the hardcore parts of the community.

Maybe the AI needs a bit of tweaking down but please, no revive...

There are only few mission makers that make no-respawnvive missions these days, it will be a shame if the list will become shorter...

Edited by Variable

Thanks for the feedback lads. :)

Mission updated.

===================

===================

OK, that was a lot of fun! We tried it again, just us two newbies, and it was challenging, but fun. I was the lone survivor of the entire squad, and we actually rescued one hostage (the other was shot after we released him).

The only issue we had was that the mission didn't end. But I didn't take the boat all the way to the ship (according to the map, at least). After awhile, it just didn't seem worth our time to sail any further, so we ended it manually. (As I say, it was only me and one hostage at that point.)

Thanks!

Bill

Hey Bill first up thanks for re-trying the mission. :)

Pleased it was more fun this time around, the mission end animations should play on reaching the extraction zone. They should fire just before the marker, a mission complete only if both agents are present or a mission failed if both agents are not present and a bluefor unit reaches the extraction. I will treble check the set up i have in place.

Many thanks for taking time to post feedback .... Nice one

Pleased it was more fun this time around...

Indeed, I think it might be one of my favorites, now.

But one thing I forgot to mention: I played as a medic, but I didn't get a medic kit. (Just a first aid kit, like everyone else. And only one. I used it to heal an AI character, and then found out we couldn't revive players without a first aid kit. Doh!)

I don't care about about the revive issue. That's up to you. But a medic is pretty useless without being able to heal.

Still, it was lots of fun. I'll be playing it again. Thanks!

Bill

Any news on the updated version of DEVGRU shark ? Me and the guys played this mission a lot, a great map to begin a gaming session.

Any chance you could consider adding a revive / re spawn option to the update ?

Regards X

Any news on the updated version of DEVGRU shark ? Me and the guys played this mission a lot, a great map to begin a gaming session.

Any chance you could consider adding a revive / re spawn option to the update ?

Regards X

Shark-attack please don't ruin this great mission with respawnvive.