Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

Server keys, signatures?

Will be included yes. The accessories pack will come a bit later and then include signatures/keys as well

Fix for LLM01 body color?
Server keys, signatures?

Geez, that's some compact information exchange there

Geez, that's some compact information exchange there

You, less words, like cave man.

Arrise, chicken.

New version 1.5 is out. Now includes a new variant (Magpul AFG), fixed sounds, server keys, and (hopefully) more realistic iron sight.

I haven't tried the server keys yet, so I need feedback on that. Also note that the Accessory pack is next in line for an update. Soon TM

swell, front post still isn't correct. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sight+picture+on+a+ar&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=D60585BEC122A18707EA71146A53FBB7492784FC&selectedIndex=16 Also the sounds are still weak and the textures still suck. Government issue AR's don't say GO LOUD and SOLO and QUIET for safe. And the camo textures make no sense, why is there camo on the receiverbut the barrel is left out and the buffer tube.

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jerlsp1/arma32013-05-2510-19-00-15_zpsb47b1751.jpg

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jerlsp1/arma32013-05-2510-24-33-97_zpsea6b7987.jpg

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jerlsp1/arma32013-05-2510-18-51-87_zps8b3a7760.jpg

Nicely made one

Edited by germ

swell, front post still isn't correct. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sight+picture+on+a+ar&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=D60585BEC122A18707EA71146A53FBB7492784FC&selectedIndex=16 Also the sounds are still weak and the textures still suck. Government issue AR's don't say GO LOUD and SOLO and QUIET for safe. And the camo textures make no sense, why is there camo on the receiverbut the barrel is left out and the buffer tube.

A little harsch don't you think? Welcome to BIS forums. You might want to be a little more constructive around here.

IF you are going to be so negative about some one's work Just go make your own so we can all be critical of you.

I found a minor error in the readme pdf:

FHQ_M4A1_AFG_BLK occurs a second time under Class Names, where I believe FHQ_M4A1_AFG_SNW is supposed to be.

You're naming structure is logical and predictable, so it's obviously not a problem.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks a lot Foxhound!

Welcome to the forum :)

I found a minor error in the readme pdf:

FHQ_M4A1_AFG_BLK occurs a second time under Class Names, where I believe FHQ_M4A1_AFG_SNW is supposed to be.

You're naming structure is logical and predictable, so it's obviously not a problem.

Thanks, I'll correct that for the next release :)

Germ.People like Alwarren are creating this work on their own time.

Then providing it for us to enjoy.

Conducting yourself with a little respect,isn't much to ask in return.

Seems like a good time to say.... even though the vanilla weapons work just fine, this M4 is my default weapon simply because I really dig the way it looks.

Thanks to you and Fluttershy for sharing your work!

Alw,

Thank you for helping us keep in touch w/ something we know. Makes all the difference for me relating to believable. IMHO you do really good work, so have a round on me! BIS should appreciate your effort as well; Thank You!

*edit*

How did I break my A3? Still no sounds for me. Check 100 times, right version in right place... My money's on pilot error, but can anyone help. So looking forward to the sound fix...

Edited by wuffman

i have problems with sounds too :( in previous versions sounds was so cool. now it's muted and.. are strange. it's sad because this is one of my favourites mod.

i have problems with sounds too :( in previous versions sounds was so cool. now it's muted and.. are strange. it's sad because this is one of my favourites mod.

I've also noticed that the sounds have a strange muting effect going on when firing. Seems to lower the volume of any non-weapon for a split second as you fire.

This probably has something to do with the high dynamic range sound engine. It works like HDR lighting. When there is a very loud sound in the scene, quiet sounds get more quiet to simulate psychoacoustic perception. Possibly the magnitude of the sound in the config is too high.

The sounds I am currently using are standard sounds (the SDAR I believe), I just changed the .wav to no extension. The values I copied from the BIS config IIRC, but I'll check again to confirm.

Me and buddy are testing the mod as we speak, and let me tell you it looks good, some minor issues aside. The sounds did work (but only on the silenced versions) when we started and seemed too mute down dynamically as described above, although the problem seems to be they don't come back up again after the explosion or whatever the loud noises were.The sound on the loud guns doesn't work at all.

All In Arma mod seems to have similar issues with sound, only that mod crashes the server entirely when you shoot a OA gun in a high rate for prolonged periods of time...

Great mod pal! just little few issues with sound but I'm sure they will be fixed in a near future. Keep the high quality work up!

New version available. I updated the first post with details. Mainly, this is a release to fix (hopefully) the sound issues people have experienced, and a compatibility update with the new FHQ Accessories pack release.

Have fun!