Sign in to follow this  
Freddan962

Massive desyncs?

Hello,

I've made a custom twelve man COOP mission and whenever we play it we get massive desyncs!

5A7C5D7EC08F159268173956688A45303599B955

I'm hosting it on:

i7 3770 3.4 GHZ

32 GB DDR3 1333 MHZ

3 TB 7200 RPM Raid 1 setup

1 GB/s

60 MS average

CPU usage: Around 20%

Memory allocation: 995mb

Mission file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?t8uxv0q62rtm8tw

Please help me figure this out, thanks!

Edited by Freddan962

ArmA III - Alpha

;-)

You bought a game in development, I am sure it will be fixxed at least when it is going gold.

Or maybe it is your inet connection, but my guess would be the alpha character of the game.

ArmA III - Alpha

;-)

You bought a game in development, I am sure it will be fixxed at least when it is going gold.

Or maybe it is your inet connection, but my guess would be the alpha character of the game.

Yes, that may be it but it doesn't stop me from wondering what that causes this, I can run my server with over 60 players on other COOP missions without lag. I'd appreciate any help!

I would start to take of some of your scripts off One by One , Esp the Kill Dialog and re try it as it will be one of them causing the issue

After a brief chat on skype the error was in using UPS and UPSMON on the same troops at the same time.

This might've caused some conflicht on part of the AI.

I would start to take of some of your scripts off One by One , Esp the Kill Dialog and re try it as it will be one of them causing the issue

Do you think per chance that it could be the fillCrate.sqf script that causes it?

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

After a brief chat on skype the error was in using UPS and UPSMON on the same troops at the same time.

This might've caused some conflicht on part of the AI.

That's a theory I'll test once I get home and will hopefully fix the AI issues, however, the desync remains.

fillCrate can cause desync when someone opens the crate for the first time, but it should be within reasonable levels.

fillCrate can cause desync when someone opens the crate for the first time, but it should be within reasonable levels.

That's probably it as the lag usually goes on for twenty seconds every time someone opens the crate, the more people that opens the crate the heavier desync.

A possible workaround for this would be to spawn client-side crates. (so that everyone can only see his personal crate and not those of other players)

That way you can run "fillCrate" locally which removes the need to sync the contents of that crate. (make sure to remove the isServer check from the "fillCrate" for that)

A possible workaround for this would be to spawn client-side crates. (so that everyone can only see his personal crate and not those of other players)

That way you can run "fillCrate" locally which removes the need to sync the contents of that crate. (make sure to remove the isServer check from the "fillCrate" for that)

So, basically to do this I've to remove the isServer check only and then it'll be fixed?

Nope, that alone wont do the trick.

You need to spawn that weaponcrate via this command:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createVehicleLocal

For example you could put it in your "init.sqf".

_box = "B_supplyCrate_F" createVehicleLocal getMarkerPos "supplies";
[_box] execVM "fillCrateLocal.sqf";

"fillCrateLocal.sqf" <-- this would be a copy of your fillCrate.sqf with the following part removed:

if(!isServer) exitWith {};

Also place a marker named "supplies" where you want the crate to be spawned.

Nope, that alone wont do the trick.

You need to spawn that weaponcrate via this command:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createVehicleLocal

For example you could put it in your "init.sqf".

_box = "B_supplyCrate_F" createVehicleLocal getMarkerPos "supplies";
[_box] execVM "fillCrateLocal.sqf";

"fillCrateLocal.sqf" <-- this would be a copy of your fillCrate.sqf with the following part removed:

if(!isServer) exitWith {};

Also place a marker named "supplies" where you want the crate to be spawned.

I can't find if(!isServer) exitWith {};?

http://pastebin.com/rQTBq1ue

Heh funny, looks like that new version of his script already does exactly what I'm trying to tell you ;)

Nevermind then.

I got problems too with the fillCrate.sqf v0.2 script, it works in singleplayer but the ammobox is burning in multplayers :p

I'm looking for an easiest way for players to rearm with an all-in-one crate.