This is a simple mod that improves some of the vehicle and weapon sounds in the game. It gives some of the weapons some more 'punch', and improves the walrus's droning engine into something with some more power :cool:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnh2m5pr5gadh4u/soundmod.zip

Features!

v1.3

* Redid most of the walrus engine sounds, which are smoother, clearer and less grating on the ears.

v1.2

* Added a new score to the timewarp sequence.

v1.1

* Added some cinematic scores.

v1.0

* Improved the machine gun sound for the walrus.

* Improved the machine gun sound for the manta.

* Copied the gatling sound from the walrus to the manta.

* Utilised unused in-built sounds for all plasma cannons.

* Redid the sounds for all walrus variants, with V8, V10 and supercharger sounds.

Edited by Savant1974

Thanks! I have plans to do other mods when the toolset is updated, but tweaking the sounds was a good place to start.

Thanks! I have plans to do other mods when the toolset is updated, but tweaking the sounds was a good place to start.

Hi Savant, thanks for your work on your mod. I use it with the deadlyislands mod. I think it was a good idea you had to make the gatling sound of the manta match the walrus. I also like the plasma cannon sound you used better than the original sound. Just out of curiosity, what other mods were you planning? Sorry about posting this so long after your post, but I just registered recently.

Hi Savant, thanks for your work on your mod. I use it with the deadlyislands mod. I think it was a good idea you had to make the gatling sound of the manta match the walrus. I also like the plasma cannon sound you used better than the original sound. Just out of curiosity, what other mods were you planning? Sorry about posting this so long after your post, but I just registered recently.

I have a list of stuff around here someplace... Ok, mostly unit tweaks for things like maneuverability on mantas, and fixing a few issues like the defense drones moving so slowly (I'd triple their speed). The biggest thing I wanted to tackle would be improving the automated repair system on the carrier, to make it more like in the original game (why fix what ain't broke!) I've got three pages of notes here, lots of fun to be had modding, when the tools come out :cool:

I have a list of stuff around here someplace... Ok, mostly unit tweaks for things like maneuverability on mantas, and fixing a few issues like the defense drones moving so slowly (I'd triple their speed). The biggest thing I wanted to tackle would be improving the automated repair system on the carrier, to make it more like in the original game (why fix what ain't broke!) I've got three pages of notes here, lots of fun to be had modding, when the tools come out :cool:

Sounds good. Thanks for the reply!

Sounds good. Thanks for the reply!

Sorry it took so long, I only check the forums every few weeks lately :)

Sorry it took so long, I only check the forums every few weeks lately :)

No problem.

You mentioned something about modding "when the tools come out". What tools are they and when do they come out?

He means the SDK which is included in the current beta.

I see. Thanks.

I've just updated the main file (and original post) with new updates, including unit balances and such!

Not sure if i'm the only one who thinks this but you should have these as 2 seperate mods, so people who want a soundmod can have that without changes to units etc