tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

It was a change with ARMA 3 v1.38, you can get the fix here which includes other fixes for AGM: https://github.com/TAWTonic/VAS

Once I get done with the final version of Altis life I will be rewriting VAS for the last time and completely cutting off support from it.

Thank you very much ;)

I like VAS ! Did you see my post above ?? --> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149077-Virtual-Ammobox-System-(VAS)&p=2783523&viewfull=1#post2783523

it was a change with arma 3 v1.38, you can get the fix here which includes other fixes for agm: https://github.com/tawtonic/vas

once i get done with the final version of altis life i will be rewriting vas for the last time and completely cutting off support from it.

ty !! :)

If a mod sees this, delete this thread as it contains nothing but user memories now and no actual content.

If a mod sees this, delete this thread as it contains nothing but user memories now and no actual content.

Why ?? :eek:

Since yesterday (last game update !!), all items icon in VAS are black !!

I tried to fix it myself, but the path is ok in VAS script, the icon are OK in game files... then, i don't know what to do :(

Can someone tell me if they have the same issue, plz ? ;)

Every one has the same problem, Anyone found a fix? as this link wont work https://github.com/tawtonic/vas :butbut: Tonic seems to have gone off on one! pissed off with Bis it would seem......

Edited by jgaz-uk

Don't know if you still check the Bis forums TONIC but while its understood that you are in dispute with Bis & the reasons for it, have to say the only people your total boycott of your own addons affects is the people who use them. I honestly don't think Bis could care less.

So we the people (who have long admired & used your addons) would really appreciate it if you could at least fix the VAS box icon problem. caused by last patch. Would hate to have to remove it from all the missions its been used in.

Every one has the same problem, Anyone found a fix? as this link wont work https://github.com/tawtonic/vas :butbut: Tonic seems to have gone off on one! pissed off with Bis it would seem......

I was able to download that before he went off the deep end... which i sad, he was one of my favorites here. But anyways, here it is (VAS-master). It is the full VAS, as I forgot which specific files were updated.

LOL..

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

Don't know if you still check the Bis forums TONIC but while its understood that you are in dispute with Bis & the reasons for it, have to say the only people your total boycott of your own addons affects is the people who use them. I honestly don't think Bis could care less.

So we the people (who have long admired & used your addons) would really appreciate it if you could at least fix the VAS box icon problem. caused by last patch. Would hate to have to remove it from all the missions its been used in.

I wouldn't count any fix at this time. Tonic has good reason to drop all this crap and move on. BIS has lived off its community for years, matter of fact, if it wasn't for this community and armaholic, ARMA would be dead a long time ago. Its funny, their updates break their own crap, wtf? along with breaking everything else... Yea, yea I get it, code doesn't always agree.... whatever.... But I am sure Tonic along with every other mod/addon maker here gets sick and tired and having to fix this crap every time BIS updates this game.

Lets not even get into content and lack their of after how long? Or DLC's that should have been included in original game but now have to purchase. Come on. Yea, yea, it helps the development of the game and continue with content at later times.... yea, yea, yea....

I was able to download that before he went off the deep end... which i sad, he was one of my favorites here. But anyways, here it is (VAS-master). It is the full VAS, as I forgot which specific files were updated.

Tks for that Mosh

Thanks as well Mosh, if Tonic will let you then I'd like to see it continued as I've grown to like it more than Arsenal (less bugged but could use bigger windows) and still use it as well.

It's just the files he (Tonic) edited, I know very little about coding so if it breaks I can do nothing about it... I just know it works for now. Since he previously released it I see nothing wrong with sharing it for now. I'm looking at other options though, mainly Arsenal which I also like, as BI is sure to release a patch that will screw this up again.

The main problem with Arsenal - and the main reason why this is better and I haven't ever actually used the Arsenal in our missions - is that nice "Load on Respawn" button at the bottom. If you're playing an ongoing, persistent mission, with respawn enabled, and you die, it is a huge pain to have to keep going to an ammobox and loading up your gear. Unless I'm missing something, with Arsenal that's what you have to do, as there doesn't appear to be an option to load on respawn. So I hope somebody with some motivation and ability keeps this going through patches.

The main problem with Arsenal - and the main reason why this is better and I haven't ever actually used the Arsenal in our missions - is that nice "Load on Respawn" button at the bottom. If you're playing an ongoing, persistent mission, with respawn enabled, and you die, it is a huge pain to have to keep going to an ammobox and loading up your gear. Unless I'm missing something, with Arsenal that's what you have to do, as there doesn't appear to be an option to load on respawn. So I hope somebody with some motivation and ability keeps this going through patches.

That's true as long as you do not use AGM.

That's true as long as you do not use AGM.

Hmm, so AGM allows you to spawn with a specific Arsenal loadout? Because I have a script which respawns you with what you die with - but the point is, if you have fired off half of your magazines and your PCML then you'll still need to use the Arsenal to reload. Whereas, VAS conveniently allows you to pick a specific loadout and respawn - so you get all your magazines etc back...

Hmm, so AGM allows you to spawn with a specific Arsenal loadout? Because I have a script which respawns you with what you die with - but the point is, if you have fired off half of your magazines and your PCML then you'll still need to use the Arsenal to reload. Whereas, VAS conveniently allows you to pick a specific loadout and respawn - so you get all your magazines etc back...

I think AGM does the same thing, but please do not quote me on that one.

It's just the files he (Tonic) edited, I know very little about coding so if it breaks I can do nothing about it... I just know it works for now. Since he previously released it I see nothing wrong with sharing it for now. I'm looking at other options though, mainly Arsenal which I also like, as BI is sure to release a patch that will screw this up again.

I don't mind Arsenal too much other than optics glitching on weapon systems, but overall once you figure out how to use it's not bad and it's nice to see stuff easier but VAS hasn't been as glitchy which is why I prefer it. And if I want to customize a loadout further I use Arsenal to see what I want and then hop in a custom mission and adjust a loadout. But again VAS is less glitchy and therefore I always use that in lieu of Arsenal.

Hit a bit of an issue, VAS isn't allowing me to load agm items to my inventory, such as medical equipment (bandages etc) and earplugs, kestral and all the other agm items? Anybody have this issue or know why? Im using vas in duws and other mods/missions not my own editor missions. Thanks

Hit a bit of an issue, VAS isn't allowing me to load agm items to my inventory, such as medical equipment (bandages etc) and earplugs, kestral and all the other agm items? Anybody have this issue or know why? Im using vas in duws and other mods/missions not my own editor missions. Thanks

i have noticed the same issue, especially in D.U.W.S. scriptmod, it is really annoying. When you are trying to create your own custom loadout, only the back-pack is being loaded when you add any items (magazines etc), the vest or fatigues will not load (even if you click on them),

something has changed again in arma3, i hope the VAS author will correct this issue soon, thanks in advance.

something has changed again in arma3, i hope the VAS author will correct this issue soon, thanks in advance.

I think if you read the first post you might have your answer...

You could try using the Virtual Arsenal - it allows you to create custom loadouts which you can save, and so on. It's quite nice.

Well this sucks Vas was my fav.

Looks like all the moders are leaving for various reasons.

Guess the game is just dying now.

To many kiddies too, I do not even play coop anymore.

Sad, this used to be such a good game.

Don't see how a couple modders leaving = a dying game? :confused:

Have a look at Alive, or RHS (just a couple of examples - there are tons more!).

If it helps, I just set up a new Mission using VAS and it went through smoothly, no problems at all. Point being, I set the Mission up because I wanted to find out how my set-up/configs etc performed without the HETMAN AI Leader Module. To check to see if what I thought was a config problem, was in fact a conflict with the HAL Module? Turns out I was right and if you check and try this combo, no doubt it will replicate. The load time for VAS became several minutes for me! Tonic, if you can get the time to fix that conflict - I like the interface of VAS and would still like to use it with HAL if possible - cheers!

Tonic, if you can get the time to fix that conflict

Ummm, VAS is dead, doubt your plea will be of any use.

The load time for VAS became several minutes for me!

In the VAS folder is a file named "config.sqf", open it in a text editor and near the top is a variable called "vas_disableSafetyCheck", set that to true and see if that helps with the load time.