tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

I installed the addon and it works, only issue is there is no text (labels) on any of the menu buttons, I have searched for a fix but have not found anything similar.

My installation v1.6

Copied the Script folder to the root of my Arma3 directory /steam/steamapps/common/arma3

Copied the VAS folder within the Script directory to my Mission folder /My Documents/ Arma 3 - Other Profiles / Username / Mission / MissionName

Updated the description.ext

Added init line to my ammo crate

When I load the game the VAS loads up, and the buttons work as well the only issue is none of the buttons have any labels...any ideas?

UPDATE: v1.6

Notes:

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) is now being localized for different languages, so far it supports English (Obviously) and German, if you want to help convert VAS to your language take a look at stringtable.xml and shoot me a updated version of it with the translation. From what I can tell the engine can handle Russian, German, Polish, Czech, French, Spanish, Italian and Hungarian, possibly more for all I know and of course you will be mentioned in the credits / thanks part :D

Also obviously with this update there is a new file in that needs to go in the main part of your mission where mission.sqm & init.sqf are, its called stringtable.xml, if this file isn't there VAS will not display text. If your mission currently has a stringtable.xml then just take what's in mine and add it into yours.

Change log, yo.

Awesome Thanks! That fixed it....anyone else having same issue you will need to restart Arma3 once you copy stringtable.xml into your mission folder, or at least I did.

Minor Bug Tonic, nothing serious:

v1.6 - You cannot use the Remove/Remove All buttons in VAS to unequip Binoculars, Rangefinders or Laser Designators.

An update will be out tomorrow including fixes for removing Binoculars along with that some fixes to make VAS compatible with other systems that use Kronzky's String Function Library and some other general fixes along with an updated list towards the stringtable.xml

Hi Tonic,

First of all, this widely adopted system is revolutionizing how mission makers include gear for their missions. So I congratulate you for this awesome idea and wish you continued success.

With that being said I would like to request one little change for you to make your system even more functional. I know that you can limit what kind of gear is available by specifying certain classnames in your config file. I have missions that do that. Instead of having evertything available for a player, I limited optics, clothes etc... But unfortunately if somebody has been to another server or another mission and has saved gear they can still access equipment that is not supposed to be in the Virtual Ammobox.

For example: VAS only had Holo-sights and Red-Dot-sights. But some players who saved a gear in different mission accessed RCO-sights by just loading saved gear.

This really defeats the purpose of limiting the available gear by the mission makers.

So please address this. You know your system the best so I believe you can come up with an elegant solution to this problem. Some kind of check between user saved gear array against the mission designer specified limited gear can be used (May be just guns and items.)

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read my post. I am a big fan and looking forward to VAS's future growth.

B

Hi Tonic,

First of all, this widely adopted system is revolutionizing how mission makers include gear for their missions. So I congratulate you for this awesome idea and wish you continued success.

With that being said I would like to request one little change for you to make your system even more functional. I know that you can limit what kind of gear is available by specifying certain classnames in your config file. I have missions that do that. Instead of having evertything available for a player, I limited optics, clothes etc... But unfortunately if somebody has been to another server or another mission and has saved gear they can still access equipment that is not supposed to be in the Virtual Ammobox.

For example: VAS only had Holo-sights and Red-Dot-sights. But some players who saved a gear in different mission accessed RCO-sights by just loading saved gear.

This really defeats the purpose of limiting the available gear by the mission makers.

So please address this. You know your system the best so I believe you can come up with an elegant solution to this problem. Some kind of check between user saved gear array against the mission designer specified limited gear can be used (May be just guns and items.)

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read my post. I am a big fan and looking forward to VAS's future growth.

B

That piece of functionality is already in there, There is honestly no way they should be 'loading' a save and being able to use items that are listed in the config.sqf it shouldn't add it period.

Good work ;) I can't wait for the next update :thumb:

UPDATE: v1.7

Notes:

Gutted Kronzky String functions library for only the needed code and integrated it within VAS and what this means is VAS is now fully compatible with anything using Kronzky String Functions Library and won't conflict, i.e systems like UPS.

Also with the noting of notes and more notes even though VAS is being localized for various other languages it doesn't mean that VAS will show in your language because the game engine currently doesn't enable the use of selecting your language and is English by default. This will fix its self when BIS finishes their own localization (hopefully during beta but probably after release). In the mean time if you want VAS to show in your language then edit the <Original> fields of the stringtable.xml and it will work. I would like to thank Coding, El nabot and zesiek77 for their translations of VAS.

Change log:

Fixed: Couldn't remove bincoulars.

Changed: Integrated needed parts of Kronzky STR Library into VAS, fixing compability issues, read notes.

Added: French & Polish translations (read notes).

Changed: Tidied up some of the code in the backend.

Credits & Thanks:

El nabot from Armaholic - Translation of VAS from English->French

czesiek77 from Armaholic - Translation of VAS from English->Polish

Download:

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v1.7

Offside notes:

Man v1.7? Can't believe it's been that many updates already, Someone owes me a beer!

Thanks for all the support and I am glad to bring such a wonderful drug.. I mean tool to ARMA 3 :)

Also this is expected to be the last VAS update until something breaks or the release comes out, this should give mission makers some relief. I don't like constantly updating things when I don't have to and I know it creates a hassle for them to keep up with updates.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Thanks Tonic, just want to ask are those 2 items in the restricted item array in there for a reason? Should they be left in there?

//Items to remove from VAS
vas_r_items = ["optic_MRCO","muzzle_snds_M"];

Thanks for sending us the update mate :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
mirror updated with fixed version!

Thanks Tonic, just want to ask are those 2 items in the restricted item array in there for a reason? Should they be left in there?

//Items to remove from VAS
vas_r_items = ["optic_MRCO","muzzle_snds_M"];

Opps, I forgot I left that in there, you can remove them. I was triple checking that items that are restricted can't be added through saved load outs.

As a note the primary download link has been repacked with the proper default config.sqf

Edited by Tonic-_-

Thanks for the update Tonic-_- ! Good work :thumb:

Thanks for this awesome utility. I use it often.

One thing I often find is having trouble to know which score fits on which weapons.

Any way to have a glow on compatible weapons or perhaps dull or incomoatible scopes to the primary weapon you have in your possession box??

Edited by twisted

Yeah, what he said ^

just posting as another random human to let you know I'm grateful for your work

I don't get it how to install VAS

and I'm confused in your readme.txt

to add this to your mission copy the gear folder from the scripts folder to your mission folder,

what is this supposed to mean,the gear_test.straits is out of the script folder, not inside

if you say gear is vas, description.ext and stringtable.xml that inside script folder, then you better change the readme text file, because it's a bit confused for user like me who play arma 3 in the first time.

gear = arma 3 weapon gear? the files and programming you made? ???????????????????????????????????????

and you wrote in the readme.txt

edit description.ext and put:

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions

{

#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"

};

Somewhere in description.ext

i saw description.ext in both scripts, and gear_test,straits

and there were already written like this

OnLoadMission = "Virtual Ammobox System";

respawn = BASE;

respawndelay = 10;

disabledAI = true;

enableDebugConsole = 2;

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions

{

};

what should i wrote more of em?

if you say 'those text files are for only gear_test.straits' then i'll be so confused.

because i don't even know what should i do rest of writing things in description.txt for my own mission, and don't if i know to make another description.txt with editting

actually i try to use your addon in insurgency mod, but when i try it in insurgency mod it's say 'vas never initialized something went wrong' or if i make another box by using game generator, it's display nothing when i approach the box what i made it, not even those red letters.

for the last shot i try to make it in the editor, just load the straits map, make a player model, make a box, and put ' this addAction["<t color=#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf]; ' this in int

and it said 'scripts vas\open.sqf not found'

What a mess............... i'm so depressed that it's only working in gear_test.straits

what should i do i did all you wrote down in read me but nothing happen...

-what did i did

put script file in to D:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

put gear_test.straits in C:\Users\user\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\****** it's my user name\Missions

or

put script file in to D:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

put vas, description.ext and stringtable.xml that come from script file in to C:\Users\user\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\****** it's my user name\Missions

and

\Users\user\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\****** it's my user name\Missions\INSURGENCY-141-COOP-VAS.Stratis [this for insurgency]

but still not working

i try put description file in missions or INSURGENCY-141-COOP-VAS.Stratis files whit only

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions

{

};

but this even not working either

Yeah i'm so nooby and whining for this simple things so can you kindly teach me how to do this because, the tutorial how to install the VAS in youtube only working for gear_test.strait

Edited by kgino1045

copy

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions
{
};

to your description.ext

extract the VAS folder and stringtable.xml inside the scripts folder to your mission directorys main folder

e.g. C:\Users\name\Documents\Arma 3\missions\mymission.Stratis

place an ammo box and put

this addAction["<t color='#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf"]; 

in the init field

done.

Edited by clydefrog

still dosen't work for insurgency mod :( and the other things...........

If something in VAS is conflicting with other stuff then you need to be more specific rather then saying it doesn't work for blah and other things, it's not very helpful.

I can fix whatever VAS may conflict with but I can't be bothered to fix other peoples stuff that conflicts with VAS.

i have been working on mso and patrol ops for arma 3 when i try putting VAS into the misssion the texts on the buttons are blank

i have been working on mso and patrol ops for arma 3 when i try putting VAS into the misssion the texts on the buttons are blank

You didn't copy the stringtable.xml over to the mission directory. It needs to be put in there where your mission.sqm is

Don't have to worry about conflict with others,

because there are 50 people who install mod exactly same as mine,

but they are all good to use VAS.

Why am i ask here? cause nobody care about me.

they suggest some idea but it didn't work ):

I just want to use your VAS in Insurgency mod D:

Even insurgency mod has VAS exclusive insurgency mod like this

INSURGENCY-141-COOP-VAS.Stratis.pbo

The thing you worried about conflict with other mod which is mean

that i install VAS exactly.

did i install vas correctly? as i describe at the first complaining?

Edited by kgino1045