Sign in to follow this  
zorrobyte

[Release][COOP] Dynamic War Sandbox by TAW_Zorrobyte (AI load balancing FTW)

Thank you for the mission Gentleman. It works fine and we really enjoy it!

:thumb:

v25 Completely rewrote mission from the ground up. Cleaned up a lot of code, added briefings, added mission end if AI < 15, new UPSMON enemypop method and caching, hybrid headlessclient mode and much more!

Tested with 25 slots; good balance of AI count, gameplay time and performance. Good performance with or without headlessclient SP or MP. Connecting HC doubles the enemypop!

First I am running the Dev version of ArmA3 Alpha but I am getting I get the error "... dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.A3_Soft_F_Gakkin"

Can confirm Odie3 error, however I have not tried the newest rewrite. Will check again with v25

First I am running the Dev version of ArmA3 Alpha but I am getting I get the error "... dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.A3_Soft_F_Gakkin"

Latest update they have changed the classname of that vehicle.. there is a thread around somewhere about it

v25 Completely rewrote mission from the ground up. Cleaned up a lot of code, added briefings, added mission end if AI < 15, new UPSMON enemypop method and caching, hybrid headlessclient mode and much more!

Tested with 25 slots; good balance of AI count, gameplay time and performance. Good performance with or without headlessclient SP or MP. Connecting HC doubles the enemypop!

*Drools*

You should probably sleep one of these days :p

Edited by SavageCDN

Latest update they have changed the classname of that vehicle.. there is a thread around somewhere about it

*Drools*

164hours.jpg

Sad thing is, I've maybe spent 1/4 of that time actually playing the game; 3/4 is debugging, editor, etc :P I also don't leave it running idle so it's pretty accurate.

I'm also going to get a little annoyed with the next person who asks me; "Well that's cool, did you make any money?".

http://s12.postimage.org/3xkskhswp/164hours.jpg

Sad thing is, I've maybe spent 1/4 of that time actually playing the game; 3/4 is debugging, editor, etc :P I also don't leave it running idle so it's pretty accurate.

Wow I've only got about half that so far!! Same though most of the time is in the editor.

I stopped running Arma2 through Steam after it broke 1000 hours... got too embarrassed by the number :p

I'm also going to get a little annoyed with the next person who asks me; "Well that's cool, did you make any money?".

H.O.B.B.Y.

Edit: dunno if you've tried it yet but DAC runs very well with the mission. I added it to 1.4 to beef up the non-CQB patrols (you were using the new dynamic spawn thingies). It also plays nice with UPSMON. If you're interested at all feel free to send me a PM

It´s a great mission!

Can you somehow restrict Choppers to Pilot slots? I need to decrease the 'mission starts - Everyone runs to the choppers - Kaboom' - Scenario lol

EDIT: Nvm, just tested it

Edited by Hammerballz

Searched all over, is there a easy fix? I assume not.

*Drools*

Searched all over, is there a easy fix? I assume not.

Yeah it would just be a case of find/replace with the new classname... but I can't find that thread anywhere now!!

edit: found it!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149803-IFrit-classname-changed-in-Dev-update

Edited by SavageCDN

If anyone has downloaded V25 since from now to when it was posted, note that the mission did not end due to a sqf not being called. I have fixed the code and simply redownload, unpack and replace pbo to fix.

Please report performance of V25 in following format:

Version:

HeadlessClient:Yes/No

ServerFPS:

Playercount:

CPU make/model: (eg Intel 3770K @ 3.8GHZ)

Thank you!

Time Check on Download (ten minutes before this post)

I setup headless client last night, anything else required besides getting an admin to move it to the HC slot?

Version: 25

HeadlessClient: No

ServerFPS: sorry, did not monitor as I haven't seen this form before

Playercount: 5-8

CPU make/model: Intel 2600K@stock/8GB RAM (more or less dedicated)

Stopped playing after some minutes as all clients noted short, but annoying lags every 10 - 15 seconds.

Time Check on Download (ten minutes before this post)

I setup headless client last night, anything else required besides getting an admin to move it to the HC slot?

Not yet:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4662

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Version: 25

HeadlessClient: No

ServerFPS: sorry, did not monitor as I haven't seen this form before

Playercount: 5-8

CPU make/model: Intel 2600K@stock/8GB RAM (more or less dedicated)

Stopped playing after some minutes as all clients noted short, but annoying lags every 10 - 15 seconds.

Is this a dedi in a datacenter with 100mbit or a home computer with limited bandwidth?

My next goal is to parameterize the AI spawn amounts so host can choose how many AI. Thank you for the information

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

OP updated with mission customization howto (reducing AI count for slower systems, etc)

Has the v25 Mission more Parameters to set again?

I could not choose between CQB Spawnage anymore. In V18, CQB Spawnage by Server and Headless Client did not work for me for unknown reasons...

Is this a dedi in a datacenter with 100mbit or a home computer with limited bandwidth?

The machine is dedicated and hosted in a datacenter with 100mbit. But due to the missing server files ArmA 3 is of course not really dedicated. Just started with -server.... or is this what you call a headless client?

IMHO the lags were not caused by too many AI! It felt like a query, a 10 to 15 secs. repeating query.....

Edited by CHB68

V25 did not work at all for us, reverted to 18non HC

V_25, Dedicated, Standard cable connection:

Teleporting doesnt work, no mhq at all, theres a constant stutter every 5-10 seconds probably caused by upsmon, says there are 300 AI with three clients logged on. AI should still have a within range dont spawn catch, I would think. Otherwise awesome?? lol. Were reverting back to 18 for now. Please keep the non-dependency of a HC in, because I am unable to use HC.

Seems like I am not the only one who has issues with the V25 here :P

It shows like 300 for me aswell, but where are they? All over the map or within a range? When having a full Server and all go to Agia Marina they face a Ghost Town instead of Restistence lol

Else it runs smoothly

Is there any way to change the AI aiming skill? i've tried in the game dificulty options but i didn't notice any difference.

After i tuned down AI skill to 0.3, they were still able to easily hit me from 400m away while i was at the top of the hill near Agia Marina sniping (with a silenced 7.62mm MXM).

I'm not a combat expert, but i don't think they would be able to even spot me in a real scenario.

Edited by arthurfree

V25 did not work at all for us, reverted to 18non HC

I have found a bug with UPSMON that would cause the shuddering and other performance issues.

Open scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf and KRON_UPS_Debug = 1;

On the map you will now see each group and it's waypoints. Under certian conditions UPSMON will start flipping out and move groups around (via unstucked) and spam waypoints. I think this could be in relation to the CEP caching module.

I'm testing..