Sign in to follow this  
OnyxPanda

Arma 3 fps lag on good pc....

I get really loew frames 16-25 with my graphis card over clocked to 900Mhz and memory by 1000Mhz, The strange thing is i can run games with better graphics at 40-60 frames and lowest settings for arma is like 20 frames but Ultra settings is only a few less frames... The view distance kills me but textures and anti aliasing doesn't do much... Idk whats wrong,is my pc not compatible? Me pc specs:

DirectX:11

CPU Type Unknown, 3918 MHz

System Memory 8192 MB

Video Adapter AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (AMD HD 7850 DDR5 2GB)

Processor = AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor 3.90 GHz,

Again, my frames are too low, Low graphics gives pretty mcuh the same fps and Ultra, so i hope its a game problem which can be fixed soon... If you know anything i could do to improve

my FPS or if you know thatthere will be an Optimization update plz tell me...

-Edit, Turns out the problem was the grass and the CpuCount-6 thing doesn't do anything for me... Its defiantly the grass, without it i get 50+ frames with it i get 18... Even on low graphics if i have grass i get 18 frames which is unplayable! This is ridiculous why can i tun grass of in muliplayer?1 If someone if lying down on the grass even in ultra you can see them

anyway! If you know how to turn grass off in multi please tell me!

Edited by OnyxPanda

Sorry, but I do have to ask: did you even try to look for an existing thread? There are probably at least a dozen threads already discussing low FPS and the optimisation of the game, it's pretty amazing that you've managed to miss them.

Irregardless, if you continue here or post in another thread, please post your CPU, CPU speed and ingame settings.

Without these info, advice is impossible.

Sorry, but I do have to ask: did you even try to look for an existing thread? There are probably at least a dozen threads already discussing low FPS and the optimisation of the game, it's pretty amazing that you've managed to miss them.

Sorry, im new to forums and forum posting since im new at pc gaming ect... not really sure what im doing :/

OnyxPanda, no worries, we've all been new to this.

Now, I am not familiar with Windows 8, but one thing that strikes me as odd with your setup is DirectX9, perhaps upgrade that to Directx11 and ensure that you have new drivers for your graphics card. That could have some effects on your fps

The way to check your DirectX version is to run dxdiag.exe and see what it says. Mine says DirectX 11 at the bottom of the first screen (System tab)

-OP

Edited by Old_Painless

Game settings? Everything low no anti alieasing or whatever = 20-25 frames, Ultra + anti aliasing = 16-19 frames :/

Processor = AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor 3.90 GHz,

I can run Skyrim with 2x textures on ultra with ENB's completely fine and i can run BF3 with 64 players on with great frames, whats wrong with arma? i dont understand >:(

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

I have DirectX 11, I really dont understand why i have such low frames...

I have the latest drivers too, could it be that the game is not compatible with my graphics card yet? It is still in alpha...

Your computer is compatible, it's something else.

ArmA do not handle like any other games when it matter of performance.

You're cpu limited. Lowering your graphics w/o fps loss mean the cpu is the bottleneck. Lower your view distance to ~3km, this game require a powerful cpu and amd fx do not work that great. (ArmA need a lot of power per core, and there is almost no fps gain after 3 core.)

Try this : add "-CpuCount=6" in your target's game shortcut (or in steam, right clic on the game, properties, set launch options)

ex : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -CpuCount=6

If i'm not wrong this command still work in arma3 and will force the game to use 6 core.

I found out what my problem was, grass... But you cant turn grass off in multi which is really the reason i play Arma so im kinda screwed, without grass i go from 18 frames on lowest to 50+ frames on Ultra, its stupid... They need to make new anti lag grass or something :/

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Doesn't do anything for me sorry, but its the grass and i cant turn it off in muliplayer only is sp

I found out what my problem was, grass... But you cant turn grass off in multi which is really the reason i play Arma so im kinda screwed, without grass i go from 18 frames on lowest to 50+ frames on Ultra, its stupid... They need to make new anti lag grass or something :/

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Doesn't do anything for me sorry, but its the grass and i cant turn it off in muliplayer only is sp

You can probably imagine what problems it would cause if you could turn it off in MP.

I have the AMD FX-6100 also, and an equivalent nvidia GPU. I get shit frame rates in multiplayer as well, not much we can do about it until there are driver updates, and BI optimize it better.

I have the AMD FX-6100 also, and an equivalent nvidia GPU. I get shit frame rates in multiplayer as well, not much we can do about it until there are driver updates, and BI optimize it better.

Yes.

the first thing that needs to be done before nvidia drivers are released is BI Optimize theyre game first. then nvidia drivers will follow.

You could try dfs_fpscounter addon from Arma 2, may work as a direct port over.

But to be honest I use msi afterburner, its doesn’t cause me a hit when using it, plus I take screenshots with it and record, although recording can have a big hit on fps.

There will be a arma 3 inbuilt fps counter, probably, but for BI use, until someone taps into it..