ohally

Canadian Armed Forces Modification ARMA III

@ Coyote, this may help you with answers to what you will most likely be seeing long run @ least as far as helicopters go in this mod. Also if you look at the wiki link the planned replacement for the law is... the nlaw.

http://jgmjgm516.blogspot.com/2012/07/why-canada-doesnt-have-attack.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_Canadian_Forces_projects

@ Khaki. The ch-148 will not be replacing the griffon, the ch-148 is a shipboard helicopter intended to be operated for the Navy by the air force. It says so in the wiki article you linked. As the sole pilot for the 1CPB at this time(we are recruiting). Having spoken with O'Hally and asked him his plans in regards to future aircraft content as of this post the most likely helicopter you will see is the CH-147 @ some point. There are no immediate plans for fixed wing support because the f-35 is in flux and the other three contenders for cf-188's remain unknown to me.

@ Coyote, this may help you with answers to what you will most likely be seeing long run @ least as far as helicopters go in this mod. Also if you look at the wiki link the planned replacement for the law is... the nlaw.

@ Khaki. The ch-148 will not be replacing the griffon, the ch-148 is a shipboard helicopter intended to be operated for the Navy by the air force. It says so in the wiki article you linked. As the sole pilot for the 1CPB at this time(we are recruiting). Having spoken with O'Hally and asked him his plans in regards to future aircraft content as of this post the most likely helicopter you will see is the CH-147 @ some point. There are no immediate plans for fixed wing support because the f-35 is in flux and the other three contenders for cf-188's remain unknown to me.

Eurofighter

Dassault Rafale

F-18E/F

Jas 39

They are all being considered at this time by the Ministry of National Defense.

Personally I hope they go with the F-18E/F, it would be cool to see it added later down the line over them european fighters :v

Personally I hope they go with the F-18E/F, it would be cool to see it added later down the line over them european fighters :v

I'd have to agree. Plus it's is more cost effective.

Anyhow lets get back on track.

Progress report:

The M72A6 is now fully disposable using inko's disposable from arma 2

C9/ C6 have new sounds.

C8A3 in game and working with sight/ attachments

M203 in game, issues with gl sights are off.

Uniforms are looking good, arid and temperate vests integrated.

Cg634 helmet in game and looking great

We are sitting at approx 70% completion for Friday release.

WoW! As a Dane I can't wait to shoot that C8! :D

@ Khaki. The ch-148 will not be replacing the griffon, the ch-148 is a shipboard helicopter intended to be operated for the Navy by the air force. It says so in the wiki article you linked. As the sole pilot for the 1CPB at this time(we are recruiting)..

I know, that's why I said "Twist reality".

I know, that's why I said "Twist reality".

We are planning on representing the Canadian Navy in ARMA 3. However it is not likely to happen before full game release.

The game has amazing water effects and physics I think it'd be awesome to do boarding parties or launch a night time raid from a frigate in a storm. So yeah the ch148 will end up making an appearance.

Ill be updating the First post soon to show a road map for the mod.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Also please note this mod is not 1CPB Canadian Armed Forces mod. 1CPB are testers and that is all. The pack is under the CAF name (formerly ONS) and is in no way associated with or privatized by ANY clan.

Yay Canadians :D

Good luck, I will be following this one closely :)

Nice work.

What plans do you have for equipment and weapons?

CTS Ruck/small pack? AN/PVS-14s/MNVDs? New/old uniforms/boots? Carl Gustav?

Would be very appreciated if you could model some of the "modern" stuff as well, not only focusing on the future equipment.

Nice work.

What plans do you have for equipment and weapons?

CTS Ruck/small pack? AN/PVS-14s/MNVDs? New/old uniforms/boots? Carl Gustav?

Would be very appreciated if you could model some of the "modern" stuff as well, not only focusing on the future equipment.

1. Google Canadian infantry and you will see that the kit is current.

2. Read first post of this thread

3. Dafaq is a mnvd?

Please read the whole thread before asking the same questions or ones with answers already. In the future you will be ignored.

Questions: Can you post some woodland kit if you have already done and do you work with 7CMBG or you have nothing to do with their Arma 2 mod? Thank you

Questions: Can you post some woodland kit if you have already done and do you work with 7CMBG or you have nothing to do with their Arma 2 mod? Thank you

1. Yes I have done Woodland, I will try to post some soon.

2. As I stated earlier this mod is in no way associated with any clan. I am a past member of Operation Northstar the mod that 7CMBG uses for ARMA 2. (Not relevant to this thread AT ALL)

Really nice progress for the time period you've been working on this!

Do you have any ideas of what you'll be doing about optics? Will you stick with the baisc C79 (M145 for 'muricans) and the holographic sight currently in use, or will you sort of expand it a bit with dual optics?

I read the whole thread, was asking about the Carl Gustav, the uniforms, the night vision equipment, and the packs because nothing was said about them. Wasn't sure if you meant texturing new uniforms or re-texturing the ones already in there. There was a post describing the new uniforms being planned, so I was wondering if you planned on doing both the new and old. The M72A6 has been included, so I was asking if the Carl Gustav would as well, as the first post says "with hopes of AT weaponry soon after". The MNVD is the err "official" name for the night vision issued, the AN/PVS-14.

Sorry for not being clear on that.

(Not relevant to this thread AT ALL)

Excuse me for my bad english, I use google translator, I misspoke my question 2 What i wanted to know is if 7CMBG CFMP mod was the same that your CAF mod and if they beta test your mod. But i think you have correctly answer my question. Thank you.

I read the whole thread, was asking about the Carl Gustav, the uniforms, the night vision equipment, and the packs because nothing was said about them. Wasn't sure if you meant texturing new uniforms or re-texturing the ones already in there. There was a post describing the new uniforms being planned, so I was wondering if you planned on doing both the new and old. The M72A6 has been included, so I was asking if the Carl Gustav would as well, as the first post says "with hopes of AT weaponry soon after". The MNVD is the err "official" name for the night vision issued, the AN/PVS-14.

Sorry for not being clear on that.

Yes Gustav is coming (maybe not by Friday though)

Rucks are likely but yet to be confirmed

MNVD confused me. In my 8 years of service I've only ever called them MNVG. And it's not confirmed at this point.

The C79A2 ELCAN is in progress as we speak. Hoping to have it out Friday, if not shortly there after.

Attachment. And fully comparable with all arma3 weapons. On full release a black variant will also be available.

I have a feeling this was answered earlier..but here goes anyways.

I know you guys want to focus around infantry, but any plans regarding MBT's ? Having at least the Leopard C2 as a mod would be amazing, just amazing.

I have a feeling this was answered earlier..but here goes anyways.

I know you guys want to focus around infantry, but any plans regarding MBT's ? Having at least the Leopard C2 as a mod would be amazing, just amazing.

Yes, planned

Before 2300EST. I cannot give exact time as I'm still at work and need to clean up some of the pack before I upload.

okay thank you very much sir. like i said in the email it will be a honor to play as Canada instead of the crummy USA