Sign in to follow this  
quilmes86

Hacking

People are hacking in the game.

Everybody gets teleported to the sky while in a conga line then proceed to fall to their deaths.

2nd day of Alpha.

I'm going to do my best for a Steam refund, wish me luck.

Also I know this is something BI will never fix because look at what happened with every other BI game.

I think that Battleye is not available for A3 yet. Why? You said it yourself – it's an alpha.

For more information, I suggest you to check this thread.

i get a feeling alot of ppl forget we are just testing an alpha version of the game with limited content. surely BE or a more proper anticheat tool will be implemented once the game is cleared from its alpha / beta status :)

2nd day of 'alpha' and people are already hacking?

I would expect BI to make a game that not every 14 year old script kiddie with little to no coding knowledge could break. Also BI never fixed or made it harder for hackers in Arma 2, and hacking was rampant.

It's an Alpha give it a break for f*** sake. The full game hasn't even came out yet and they've fixed problems like this in the past.

As said by Dwarden, many of the recent OA changes are not yet implemented and do you see a Battleye folder in your A3 directoy? Neither do I ;)

The fact that people can hack is unfortunately a sideproduct of the extensive modding support but rest assured, there are already measures to prevent a very big portion of it. It's just not in Arma 3 yet.

Btw, have you ever played with your friends on a private hosted server?

Battleye in Arma 2 has customizable options but many server owners dont know how to use those tools properly. So its not only Battleye's or BIS' responsibility but also the responsibility of server owners and/or mission makers to provide a good set of customized BE rules.

Also keep in mind that Arma is one of the most - if not the most - open and accessible games for modding. And that comes along with several trade-offs and disadvantages. I for myself rather want mods and custom addons and experience the occasional hacker instead of having no mods but also no hacking.

2nd day of 'alpha' and people are already hacking?

I would expect BI to make a game that not every 14 year old script kiddie with little to no coding knowledge could break. Also BI never fixed or made it harder for hackers in Arma 2, and hacking was rampant.

Almost every game is hacked 1 or 2 days after release! It's even worse here because Arma 3 is moddable and trusting (unlike most games), so it makes it even easier to hack it! The second part of your post is also not true, as BI did a lot of things to prevent hacking in A2!

It is so nice to see people have the nerve to compose kind answers to the OP. I felt inclined to use harsh language and such.

People are hacking pretty much an open source game???? Never.........3t9x4i

Edited by armyinf

I don´t understand people that buy a game in his alpha stage and then come to the forums to cry and complain instead of doing something productive. Such messages are produced by a children mind...

Anyway... Quilmes are you from Argentina? Beacause here (in Argentina) we have a beer and a locality called the same way.

I don´t understand people that buy a game in his alpha stage and then come to the forums to cry and complain instead of doing something productive. Such messages are produced by a children mind...

I absolutely agree with you on this. If you can't take it, shut down your game and come back when the game is fully released.

If you don't want to have hacking going on, (if you're even hosting the server that it's happening on) add in a password and only give it to people you actually to play with and you're going to be good.

Coming on here to complain about an Alpha Game that you've bought after you've clearly been told that there are going to be problems is just immature.

Yeah, I wouldn't jump the gun the game is still in Alpha if you don't like it don't play it, it's as simple as that.

This issue has nothing to do with hacking - it is a bug. It happened to me tonight on a TDM game while walking around a destroyed building. I found myself being flung in the air, and dropped straight down to my death. Unless someone managed to "hack" me into the air, it is probably just an alpha bug. I saw it happen to others on the server as well.

Sorry to ruin the angry mob movement...

A game in alpha means playing to discover "mines" and is not aimed to be fun in any case.

This process (which is now fashionable to pay to access it) once was reserved for a small community of "beta testers". In part I understand why now.

As a "Gamer" I think it's a unique opportunity to collaborate with the development phase of the game, but we must understand that the game is a impracticable minefield and that's how "for now" we should enjoy the game.

That said, you should focus more on the gameplay breaking bugs and report bugs with the most acurate way an not like and angry crybaby

Goodbye - That's one less of those sorts to worry about...

Alpha, WIP ... patience

B][]Excuse me,

You are complaining about a game in alpha stages? Yes you paid some money but you should be thanking them for allowing you to have the opportunity to play a game early and buy it for half price of retail. All of you need to go cry to mommy and leave. Arma is a game designed to allow scripts and addons to make gameplay great. That is why it is so easy to hack without any anti cheats running. You all need to calm down a notch and go back to your call of duty if you want.[/u][/b][/size]

Edited by Placebo

Alpha, WIP ... patience

Alpha/Beta has turned into "DEMO" for many people these days. So i expected a thread like this to pop.

OP:

Are you not experienced with Alpha parts of games? Or are you just... dumb?

You got a CHEAP entrance to the alpha, beta and the FULL GAME. And you make a thread like this? Shame on you.

Hacking is mostly a thing of the young generation. It is a reflection of the state of our system we and thus also the young generation are born.

People are hacking in the game.

Everybody gets teleported to the sky while in a conga line then proceed to fall to their deaths.

2nd day of Alpha.

I'm going to do my best for a Steam refund, wish me luck.

Also I know this is something BI will never fix because look at what happened with every other BI game.

Sweet cya!

On a side note, do you realize this is alpha day 3? You expected an anti hack at this time? half a decade ago players getting into an alpha test was insane, an a decade ago beta tests were for the most part not even public. And here you are complaining about a public alpha test. A version of the game meant for feedback and by no means your enjoyment. You realize all that exists are infantry with pretty much only 6.5 caseless guns and a couple others and a few vehicles. The we don't even have the main map. Released content to players probably isn't even 10% and your going to complain about hackers in a milsim that by design was meant to be played in private groups? Try clicking on the show passworded. you'll find there are double the passworded servers if not more than public. Arma was meant to be played with a group who all communicate with each other and know each other and trust each other. Arma 3 is NOT the jump into some ub3rf3st server for some run and gun kill sum dudes get my KD up and unlock achievments party. If you were in a server with hackers, you were in the wrong server. I probably didn't need to write this all out, but hopefully this can be a reference for all retards with your opinion. Every game has hackers. EVERY. The only way to get away from hackers is to have whitelist server.