Sign in to follow this  
Focht

co_22 Seize ground insurgency style (enemy occupation)

v1.6 hotfix

-fixed bob's name (sorry bob!)

"DEALBREAKER AVERTED." I like your style sir.

Can you please include a parameter to adjust AI skill. At the moment they default to super aimbot mode and makes the mission frustrating. Also one more request, can we have an option to turn grass off.

Thanks and nice updates so far.

I added this to all the spawnenemy scripts to even it out, works pretty good on my server:

Spawnenemies.sqf

if (isServer) then
{
// Get time of day to spawn enemies with varying difficulty
_gametime = daytime;

//if game world time is day it will spawn enemies with higher difficulty, otherwise they will be lower.
   _spawnPos = markerPos (_this select 0);
   _grp= _this select 1;
if (_gametime >= 5.0  && _gametime <= 19.0) then
{
   _grp = [_spawnPos, East, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF_F" >> "Infantry" >> "OIA_InfTeam"),[],[],[0.25,0.5]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
} 
else
{
_grp = [_spawnPos, East, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF_F" >> "Infantry" >> "OIA_InfTeam"),[],[],[0.1,0.3]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
};
   sleep 0.1;
   0=[_spawnPos,units _grp,30,0,[0,4],true] execvm "shk_buildingpos.sqf";
};

After an update today for the alpha stable build I started getting a lot of crashes. I have a rpt. file for it where can I send it too?

After an update for arma 3 alpha today Im getting lots of crash on my 8 slots server every 15min-2hours it crash for no reason.

This almost certainly means theres gonna be a hotfix. Im stoked. Todays server hosting was a mess, and I feel bad for all the peeps that joined and it crashed every time.

Can you please include a parameter to adjust AI skill. At the moment they default to super aimbot mode and makes the mission frustrating. Also one more request, can we have an option to turn grass off.

Thanks and nice updates so far.

I disabled TPWCAS since then AI super aimbot mode is gone, mission makes fun and is not any more so frustrating.

init.sqf

//TPWCAS
// [2] execVM "tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf";

btw very good mission apart that TPWCAS makes it very frustrating to play

This almost certainly means theres gonna be a hotfix. Im stoked. Todays server hosting was a mess, and I feel bad for all the peeps that joined and it crashed every time.

I made the mistake of updating our mission in rotation at the same time... so naturally I thought it was something I had done to screw things up.

Won't make that mistake again...lol

I disabled TPWCAS since then AI super aimbot mode is gone, mission makes fun and is not any more so frustrating.

btw very good mission apart that TPWCAS makes it very frustrating to play

This is very odd. I use tpwcas in other missions and it does the exact opposite when the AI is under fire. That script only reduces AI accuracy it does not increase it so I'm thinking there is some other issue....

maquez the skill adjustments I made are a lot more relevant than messing with tpwcas. tpwcas works, and quite well. aimbot is the AI's skill, which is what I modified. There is a new command for checking sunup and stuff like that, I seen someone else posting on the forums about it. Might have to look into that and adjust the script. Otherwise what I have there has been reported for the last couple days is relatively good skill settings. At least for <10 players typically.

maquez the skill adjustments I made are a lot more relevant than messing with tpwcas. tpwcas works, and quite well. aimbot is the AI's skill, which is what I modified. There is a new command for checking sunup and stuff like that, I seen someone else posting on the forums about it. Might have to look into that and adjust the script. Otherwise what I have there has been reported for the last couple days is relatively good skill settings. At least for <10 players typically.

Your script was the first thing I added to Spawnenemies.sqf but still the AI was super aimbot.

I even did not came out a few meter's with the MHQ from HQ, an AT blowed the car in pieces and this several times.

A fellow player and me got so frustratet be killed every time on first sight in milliseconds, we then gave up the mission.

Skills in my profile are toned down:

class regular

skillFriendly=0.75;

skillEnemy=0.60000002;

precisionFriendly=0.55000001;

precisionEnemy=0.2;

Only after I disabled TCPWAS completely the mission got finally playable without that frustrating be killed in milliseconds, probably there is something wrong with TPCWAS in this mission I don't know.

I love really this mission it is very good made, so I will continue to play mission with TPCWAS disabled and I do hope an update comes out that will make playable without super AI aimbot frust.

anyway thanks to the creator for this exellent mission

maquez [Q-Net]

In the script i modified adjust the ranges that are 0.25-0.3 and so on. Kepp in mind he has like 4 different enemy spawn scripts. You need to modify all of them. The top line is for day the bottom for night. 0.01 will make the enemies braindead, anything above 0.5 and they start getting all aimbot-y. As in my adjustment I recommend around .2-.3 for night .3-.5+ for day. Make sure you modify all four spawn scripts and play with them til you like it. There are also options in the tpwcas init script, id suggest looking at it as I did modify mine. However your primary point and question I have already given you the tools. If you cannot figure out what setting you like we'll have to assume youre just not trying and testing. This community is about modifying, get your hands dirty and modify. Its on you now. Good luck, and your welcome.

This mission I think was overlooked quite a bit. Its still by far the best insurgency type mission, and still works too. I've continuously updated it, Ive got it updated with VAS, E3 units, RH mp7, USP, R3f_Armes, and FHQ_M4, running daily on my server. You really should update this, and throw it up again. I really think it needs some attention, it really is a kickass mission, and I really love how the caches spawn randomly at different spots.

Thanks a lot. If for some reason you feel like bringing it back to life, I would ask a couple features: 1) more random locations for supplyd1-5, make sure you fix the win trigger as now it looks for supply1 dead, and its supposed to be supplyd1. You missed the "d's" on all five in that trigger; 2) btc sides patrol has a badass function that spawns patrols close to your location as you traverse the entire map, its super dynamic and pretty cool. If you could add something like that, although I know his mission is tough to read, the btc guys are very-skilled-no-format-whatsoever programmers; 3) varying enemy difficulty, based on day/night. I have settings for all ai skill settings etc.. spotting, distance, courage, shake... everything.

Either way, it still rocks. Thanks a bunch. I'm sorry so many people missed it, by far the best insurgency map to date.

There are caches in "co_22 Seize ground insurgency style"? Thought this was only about taking territories. You sure, you don't mix this up with "insurgency on stratis"?

Old A2 style insurgency had the same "seize territory" mechanic but with random dropping intel and caches spawning.

You so lost. Me. Your asking if this insurgeency is like the old insurgency, even though its named insurgency?

??

Anyhow yes its full insurgency, no hints, 5 different caaches spawn in different locations each time. Its awesome.

This mission it's simply amazing. IA's Behavioural script it's one of the best i've seen since Alpha went out. I updated some of the .sqf and .sqm files to be able to run on the BETA build and it's fine. Updated VAS to a newer Beta version, and fixed some issues due to InvalidName parameters on vehicles.sqf.

Now i'm trying to mix this mission up with another one (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153712-OCCUPATION-co10/page8), which has a lot of cool things to make the gameplay even more fun. Like new settlements all over Stratis, SideMissions, and some other features from Classic Domination Gameplay.

I've recently wrote a post on the Occupation Mission thread. And same thing here, if anybody want to try build up this mission mix, i'll be happy to contribute.

I'm back from hiatus!

It's not the pvp insurgency, more-so basic coop insurgency.

Posting a beta functional version with some changes to it!

Will definitely look into adding more features and side missions.

new stuff ~ beta equipment, unmanned enemy vehicles to capture, enemy helicopter reinforcements at the camp battles, moved the mines off roads(mostly) and nearby targets, demoing a transmitter tower (or com/radar at airbase) on the map will shut down enemy heli reinforcements, camp rogain can now be used as an ad-hoc f.o.b with enemy supplies, more service points, airlifting vehicles, halo jump flag (of doom), extra pilot slot, sniper team, and more.

v1.8 download

sg occupation

I'm back from hiatus!

[...]

new stuff ~ beta equipment, unmanned enemy vehicles to capture, enemy helicopter reinforcements at the camp battles, moved the mines off roads(mostly) and nearby targets, demoing a transmitter tower (or com/radar at airbase) on the map will shut down enemy heli reinforcements, camp rogain can now be used as an ad-hoc f.o.b with enemy supplies, more service points, airlifting vehicles, halo jump flag (of doom), extra pilot slot, sniper team, and more.

Nice to see you again around here. That's a nice juicy update. I'm going to try it now. Thanks!!

When i try to load the mission on our server it just kicks us back?

Edit:- Panic over, i had an old version on the server! :butbut:

Edited by ck-claw

When i try to load the mission on our server it just kicks us back?

Just noticed the indie slot still on the map that I ment to delete along with some militarized zones I was testing (going to remove until I find a proximity spawning method for it instead of Init spawning).

was a ultra quick scan and post this a.m before heading to work. will have a fix posted shortly.

fixes should be up now. same download (just replaced the other)

Edited by Focht

Hey man, i registered just to thank you. Awesome insurgency. I just wonder if there is anyone out there working to implement "AI" on takistan map from arma 2 to play on arma 3. Best map for insurgency by far.

Thank you Again. Keep the updates coming :)

How can I leave the mission only day? Whenever I start it's night and day is unplayable because it has a lot of fog and consume much fps

How can I leave the mission only day? Whenever I start it's night and day is unplayable because it has a lot of fog and consume much fps

thanks for the comp. I'll definitely keep updating. there's a lot of arma 2 stuff being ported over just need to hitup armaholic! the starting time of day/weather is currently random. I can post a good weather sunny time of day version along with the regular. A lot of people don't seem to like the random effects. :D

Thx for theese missions man :)