SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Thanks, :) will take a look of those issues soon. There should be more arsenal points coming if you commit tasks and capture camps, but testing it again. You can also toggle near unlimited ARS points from parameters in role selecting screen, before starting the mission. Revive would be very nice, but would like to create own system for that. But will see.

Thank you for the super quick reply!

I never knew what the unlimited ARS points really did. Are you saying the ARS points are how many times you can use the Arsenal? I usually have it on "unlimited" but after the last server restart/wipe i didn't flip it to the "unlimited" option.

As for the revive, I wish you the best of luck in coding your own version! Even without revive your mission is A+ quality!

You are a star, thanks again for all the amazing work you are doing on that mission!

The SP update is bit late, got hooked with dying light game which is awesome. But getting much new ideas from it for WLA (not zombie stuff but other), will work on bigger additions for the mission soon.

Yeah, i saw some videos on YouTube, seems like a great game. Sadly it is not available in Germany and probably will never be.

SaOk do you know how I can resupply the RHS weapons in the SP version? The gear drops contain only standard ARMA 3 gear, so my squad is out of ammo, especially the javelin/launchers are problematic.

Thanks :) and for all others who have voted or supported. :) Also grats for all other finalists. Cant wait to see how it goes.

Yea good luck with it, the only time i ever fire up arma 3 is to play WLA.

Hi guys, playing the stratis version and there's a few bugs i've come across. Units blufor spawn without any overalls, or they spawn with them but they then dissapear.

At the lighthouse when the helicopter extract side mission for the village is active the villager gets stuck and doesn't enter the chopper.

Also, does this mod have a feature where if you wait by a road on the altis version for long enough, an enemy patrol will come down the road for you to ambush?

@Vani last time i heard Soak stoped working on the stratis version, and is focusing more on Altis, but i might be wrong about that, so don't quote me on that.

You always manage to pull off awesome mission Soak and WLA is Diffidently 1 of the best mission i have ever played in Arma 3, now there is 1 negative thing about the mission and that is the damn cut scenes, it might just be me but sometimes they get me on my nerves, like a few hours ago i was in a middle of a firefight with a enemy squad when all the sudden, a cut scene randomly start, after its done, i immediately get shot up by the squad that i was engaging, and i also had a few encounters with the cut scenes yesterday first encounter was when i was driving my hunter to a new task i got, am going roughly around 100 or so, when all the sudden my screen goes black and a freaking cut scene yet again starts, and the 2nd time happened when i was being shot by 2 BMP's (yes i use RHS escalation), i get my car behind cover, but just as i hoped out a cut scene started, when i was over, both me and my hunter was in the middle of the open, and before i could say dont shoot i was shot to pieces by the 2 BMP's as well as my hunter..

so it would be nice if there could be a option in the WLA menu to disable the cut scenes or make them not pop up if your moving in a vehicle or if your in a middle of a firefight.

Thanks, :) the WLS is very outdated, I should finally update it bit during this spring. I will try to think some updates for the cutscenes, those should launch with delay if player have shot recently. But adding more conditions and will add bigger delay, after the cutscene, before simulation is enabled again for enemy AI and more delay until player can take damage again.

New version is coming soon? ^^

btw: had a confusing bug a couple of times, the mission run smoothly with 50fps over a hour, but then from 1 second to next it drops to 1-2 frames. So i executed the code to count all Units on Map, there was a gigantic number of 1861 Vehicles and over 2700 objects, so i decided to delete them with MCC. Opened MCC and the issue was gone, just before i was deleting some of those cunts. This happens a couple of times now ^^

Strange, I try to look into that. Aiming to have new update during upcoming week.

first, thx for this awesome mission ! we've played it in coop08 and had a blast...

but many things were really annoying:

• The Fog
    Altis is in a mediterranean climate, we are not in england or another north land... this fucking fog, quite all the time, turn me mad !! How to turn the fog off ? i don't see any option and i don't understand how to change the dynamic weather.
  • Unable to have a VAS at spawn
    I tried to put a VAS at spawn... works perfect at startup but after a respawn the VAS dissappear. Any idea to make this works ?

You need to gather more ARS-points By commiting tasks and capturing camps to be able to use the VAS and call support functions. The points are shown under the prestige. Its also possible to toggle unlimited ARS-points from parameters in player role selecting menu, before starting the mission.

Will check the fog.

Thanks a ton for making this, it's my favorite mod/mission/sandbox in arma!

I have two questions:

1. How are we supposed to exit the game by using just the shift+1 menu? I do this, but when I want to exit arma the only option is "save & exit",which overwrites the shift +1 save. How am I supposed to exit game without this?

2. Where is your donation link?

Thanks again!

Thanks, :) will take a look of those issues soon. There should be more arsenal points coming if you commit tasks and capture camps, but testing it again. You can also toggle near unlimited ARS points from parameters in role selecting screen, before starting the mission. Revive would be very nice, but would like to create own system for that. But will see.

Is it possible to use http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188224-SRS-a-MP-only-Simple-Revive-Script-for-A3 or http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178253-Authentic-Gameplay-Modification in lieu? My group really likes being able to revive and this might be a deal breaker for us using your mission.

the shift+1 save only create my custom savegame file, the esc-menu dosent overwrite that. When using the shift+1 save, wait until there is message of completed saving. After that you can just exit. Then you can just restart and continue the game progress in mission. Or if playing in COOP, the progress is loaded automaticallly unles disabling it from parameter. In COOP there is still some player related stuff that isnt saved. Dont have to but if you really want to donate, my paypal address is santeri.oksanen(at)kotiportti.fi - (at)=@ thanks in advance if doing so :)

It should be possible to add the revive and other 3rd party scripts just By unpacking the COOP pbo, adding the scripts/folder in the unpacked mission folder and adding required lines in init.sqf/description.ext.

the shift+1 save only create my custom savegame file, the esc-menu dosent overwrite that. When using the shift+1 save, wait until there is message of completed saving. After that you can just exit. Then you can just restart and continue the game progress in mission. Or if playing in COOP, the progress is loaded automaticallly unles disabling it from parameter. In COOP there is still some player related stuff that isnt saved. Dont have to but if you really want to donate, my paypal address is santeri.oksanen(at)kotiportti.fi - (at)=@ thanks in advance if doing so :)

It should be possible to add the revive and other 3rd party scripts just By unpacking the COOP pbo, adding the scripts/folder in the unpacked mission folder and adding required lines in init.sqf/description.ext.

Thank you Soak!!!!! We will be trying this out tonight!

Ok, thanks! I've been doing that, but that I caused a problem since a couple vehicles disappeared on me.

Now that I think about it, I was in a city when I restarted. Perhaps the vehicles spawned on a building and blew up? It's too bad, we really needed those :(

yeah I plan on donating. I have more time played in your mission than a lot of full games I paid $60 for, so least I can do is help get you a case of beer!

BTC revive = incompatibility

FAR revive = works perfectly !!

You need to gather more ARS-points By commiting tasks and capturing camps to be able to use the VAS and call support functions.

Yep i saw ! for the Arsenal... but there is no VAS in your mission. I've edited the .sqm with a VAS ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19134 ) at the spawn island. But after a respawn the VAS disappear, maybe due to a clean up script.

Another very annoying things in the mission:

the lame fatigue system !! Where is the simulation with a soldier unable to run over 100 meters without being out of breath !? I tried to remove it but i don't find the good way... so we had to play with Drifter's Fatigue Remover activated. The players must have the choice to activate or desactivate the fatigue system with an option.

Vehicle respawn system: Like mxmadman374 we had many explosions due to the vehicle respawn... and sometimes some vehicles respawn on us or on another vehicle near us: and being killed in pathetic situations. ^^

Unable to remove any crafted element: i don't see any possibility to remove any crafted item... it would be good if we can.

The floating items: bunkers in the air, walls with less gravity... this is very ugly.

BTC revive = incompatibility

FAR revive = works perfectly !!

Hello XoO, about the Revive mechanic... could you give an example on how to add that? I am running the Whole lotta altis 8 player COOP file on my dedicated server and would love to be able to revive my friends. I downloaded the far_revive files but am a little lost on what to do next.

It be much appreciated! Thank you.

Hello backwardsdog,

HOW TO ADD FAR REVIVE TO WLA

• Download the whole files on farooqaaa's Gihub repository: https://github.com/farooqaaa/far_revive
  • Create a directory on WLA root and name it: FAR_revive
    and put in the whole files you've downloaded
  • Add this line to your init.sqf:
    call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "FAR_revive\FAR_revive_init.sqf";
  • Set your preferences in: FAR_revive/FAR_revive_init.sqf

And that's all !

Edited by XoO

Hello backwardsdog,

HOW TO ADD FAR REVIVE TO WLA

• Download the whole files on farooqaaa's Gihub repository: https://github.com/farooqaaa/far_revive
  • Create a directory on WLA root and name it: FAR_revive
    and put in the whole files you've downloaded
  • Add this line to your init.sqf:
    call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "FAR_revive\FAR_revive_init.sqf";
  • Set your preferences in: FAR_revive/FAR_revive_init.sqf

And that's all ! ;)

Freaking excellent! Thank you a bunch. Can't wait to get home from work and try it out.

Just want to say first, thanks to SaOk for creating the best conquest mission available for Arma 3, i played several.

Some questions to anyone who could answer

Building repair Sometimes buildings get destroyed around my base by accident and ive been unable to find a way to repair them. No doubt there is a debug command (is there?), but it would be a cool feature to make them repairable by using prestige points.

Edit: Just noticed that buildings and objects respawn after some time automatically.

AI controlled HC Units A little confused, they seem to appear and disappear a lot. My current understanding is that they are friendly units that come into and out of view depending on where i am. is that correct?

How to buy Choppers Using Mill Center, I cant see how to buy choppers for my use rather than AI controlled. Im assuming they have to be unlocked with tasks?

Mill Center

Cheers

Edited by Jayad