SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

After meeting the resistance contact, there is cutscene in another village. I may improve that part in future. Also the later another teleport to cutscene.

and then is normal that I find myself teleported?

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

i can load the crater in the starter truck (Hunter?)?

i Always lost my hunter after find the resistance ( and teletrasported away...)

Thanks, :)

mission launches normally with workshop for me. I will update the mission next week if it would reset it for you too.

The high-command menu is opened with Ctrl+Space. Only certain groups can be order with that. The HC counter, on up-par, needs to be over 0 to be able to open the HC-menu.

Only one vehicle is moved currently but may change that. Working on big changes for next version. Also planning to change the current tasks to have more freedom by returning player to the orginal location after playing distant cutscene. That would keep the locations random. Vehicle zones are now better made with visible marker and those can be moved. Enable chopper transport call using my own old script (converted to sqf). Will release the update around when the next official patch comes out next week.

Craters can be stored in hunter yet, but hopefully soon. Will need to add custom setting for each vehicle type.

Is it normal for it to be always raining when you start a new game?

Yes, the insertion weather is more fixed since overcast need time to change. For next version I have put it to less cloudy.

This is by far one of the most interesting dynamic mission around! Great job on this Sa0k!

Here's just an idea (that might be bad, but sharing it anyway, you decide :P). Would it be better to have a kind of linear threat progression in a way that in the first hour(s) of playing on this map you get to face only infantry than after a while enemy vehicles start appearing then escalate to armored vehicles, then chopper, etc?

The problem I got so far is most of the time, I start the game with my puny 5 man squad then immediately face several APCs and Mobile Artys and even tanks and get squished pretty fast. I'd like to have time to do few fights of the level of a 5 man squad then from there build up my forces so I can eventually have more AT and 1 or 2 vehicles to be able to face the enemy properly.

An alternative would be that players always start on the peninsula south of Altis (and have multiple objectives to accomplish there) and that part of the map is enemy infantry only so you know that once you leave this part of the island, you'll be facing greater threat.

Thanks again for your great work and keep it comin'!

Thanks, :) I have been planning to include more somekind of chapters/phases for the mission. Will see how it comes. Shoreline would be ideal LZ but hard to detect with scripts unless make fixed markers around the island. But I may give player controls of where to land (like in the new chopper transport script that is included now with 1.4).

New 1.4 SP version of WLA is here (steam, dropbox, withSix - soon in other places).Main tasks are all now dynamic, fixed one TM ignoring issue, added counterattack task, civ intel, civ dialog depend on Rship, more safe respawn, new vehicle/UAV zones, button to steal cars, slow dialog issue fixed, added better chopper transport (support menu), much other fixes, tweaks and small additions

You need the new game version to play (released today) or DEV-version. Removed custom music for now, may add them as separate custom version at some point. Vehicle zones are now visible, but probably will change that when adding more intel features.

Edited by SaOk

SaOk. how is the MP. Will a new version of that be released shortly as well?

Fixing some of the bugs and including the new content?

I try to work on it soon. Takes much work to include the latest additions/fixes/tweaks for it, but hope to find good mood for it in close weeks.

why you update only the atlis version?

after find the resistence i lost my Hammer.....

Edited by teoleo
error

Its slow to work on these missions, I like to focus on one thing at a time. Especially until the WLA is more complete - much still to improve and expand. WLS is on halt, but some day probably update it. I will copy-paste the WLA to stratis and attach old WLS missions/cutscenes/other custom stuff to it.

Will also do that for old A2 maps, bringing especially Zub to proper life.

HELP...

Installed the mod CBA and shacktak hud, and your mission don't start anymore.... disinstalled the mod...but the mission dont' start.....

Mission download with workshop

Ehm....the problem is not the mod, but corrupted save game ( save game with the 0-0-0 option....)

when i save the mission, and reload, i lost the shacktak hud......is normal?

Edited by teoleo

Unfortunately this is a bug with the Sharktac HUD when reloading save games. The trick is to hit the Keypad. key which switches you to the squad command and control screen, then hit it again to return to your previous view. This seems to 'reset' the mod correctly and it works again until the next save game is reloaded.

This only works when you're a squad leader/#1 and not simply a member (i.e. AI controlling the squad you're in)

HELP...

Installed the mod CBA and shacktak hud, and your mission don't start anymore.... disinstalled the mod...but the mission dont' start.....

Mission download with workshop

Ehm....the problem is not the mod, but corrupted save game ( save game with the 0-0-0 option....)

when i save the mission, and reload, i lost the shacktak hud......is normal?

New WLA SP version 1.41 is here (dropbox, withSix, broken workshop). Fixed bad vehicle error, switched to use new listbox scrollbar config (removes harmless error with DEV-version, makes it appear currently with reqular gameversion) and fixed one issue with vehicle zones. I suggest to use DEV-version to play which have some AI issues now fixed (nomore pistols in hand or rifle on back with empty hands).

every time I open ARMA 3 the mission don't start, I have to cancel the subscription, and then on again ....

It still works that way? Good to know. Strange issue. I cant do but wait for fix and it could take to next month since holidays.

dki8.jpg

New WLA SP version 1.42 (dropbox, withSix, unstable workshop). Many new zone types (boats, choppers, medic, support, mortar, artilley...) added. Much face lift with markers (more proper looking symbols instead of marker areas). As known issue AI team-mates report low ammo even they have the ammo. I see what can I do for it.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2439/dki8.jpg

As known issue AI team-mates report low ammo even they have the ammo. I see what can I do for it.

I don't think you can. This problem is a BIS problem and happens in EVERY mission I've played, not just yours.

Also, this being the 100th page for this mission, may I suggest you rest a little?

I love that you have so much dedication to this mission and us players with our suggestions, but seriously, each time you update, I have to start all over again.

Getting the base set up takes time and BANG! Another update comes.

Maybe by working on your other great projects, like ZUB, which I never got to finish, will give some of us a chance to get through WLA.

Just look at it now, compared to when you first released it . WOW! Such a massive difference.

Again, I'm only suggesting and want to thank you for all your hard efforts you've put into this and all the help you've given in the past!

Cheers

Thanks, :) still cant stop editing now when I have good drive going. ;) I will work on the concept some more to have virtual battles between zones running and then copy-paste it for Zub (using only olds tasks, cutscenes and story) which hopefully will fix all performance issues with it.

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

WIP Sneak peak from the next version: :)

qo5n.png

Each zones have array of vehicle classes in it. And each those vehicle classes have own strenght values in 9 categories. E.g. Panther [choppers 1, planes 1, tanks 3, armored vehicles 6, vehicles 8, soldiers 8, mortars 8, artillery 4, boats 8]. With these the script sums and counts odds of which side will loose vehicle(s). And those are then removed from the vehicle zone. In this battle one support truck got destroyed.

Edited by SaOk

how i can delete the mission download with workshop?...i think have some issue... the mission don't start every time i open Arma 3.....

In the steam mission page you can click unsubscribe (I have this in finnish), the same button you activate it.

i have finally played some time...

fast travel is a cheat?? I can use it for escape to danger situazion and no-use time.....

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

In the steam mission page you can click unsubscribe (I have this in finnish), the same button you activate it.

Yes, but i have the error...the game don't open when i start Arma3.... i would try to delete the mission folder, all mission folder....and retry

Search the mission in steam, when entering ArmA3 workshop page. You can filter the most popular and found it from first page.

Fast-travel is definitely quite cheat, I could add more rules to it. E.g. when moving to camp under attack it could leave player team more far. Still it should offer change for more quick gameplay if wanted.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

Ah, understood wrong. You can delete the mission in Documents\Arma 3\[yourprofile]\Saved\steam. Tested that trick and it made the mission work again for me.

New WLA SP version 1.43 is here (dropbox, withSix, steam). New virtual battle system for vehicle zones, cutscene tweaks, reinf marker fix, some other tweaks. See above message if you have troubles with steam missions.