Dwarden

STEAM performance troubles and how mitigate them

This is obviously the wrong thread, but seeing as how I can't create one, this will have to do.

Alright, so I bought all of the ArmA games last night. Each one of them works fine EXCEPT ArmA3. Every time I go to play it, I get a message saying "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I've tried uninstalling the game, restarting the laptop, and searched steam for answers. Nothing is working which is why I came here. Frankly, I'm pissed that I just spent $60 on a game I can't even play. The one thing I haven't done is mess with the firewall deal, but even if that was the issue, wouldn't it give me an error message relating to the firewall? Any help is appreciated.

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Well, I can't edit my post. But I found an error finally. d3d11.dll was not found.

Said to uninstall the game, which I'm doing currently. I've already emailed the company who makes arma, so hopefully this gets resolved.

Well, I can't edit my post. But I found an error finally. d3d11.dll was not found.

I think you should be able to fix that by running the "dxsetup" exe found in the "directx" folder in the Arma 3 folder. although that should have happened automatically when you installed the game. are you sure you have a dx11 gpu?

I a already setup directx. Didn't have an issue with that at. Now it's not letting me run the game.

Is Steam down today? My ARm3 is stuck at needs update but the update fails for the last 6 hours and even Steam forums freeze up on me? Cant play Arma in offline either in that state :(

Edit: Ok this is weird. Steam just refuses to update Arma 3, but for the hell of it I had it reinstall Arma2 and its downloading it at 6.6 mb/s. Arma3 it will start to update for a second or two and then show "Disk Busy" red light and download will cease to 0 mb/s.If I wait long enough I get a Disk Write Error...

2xEdit: Deleted Arma3 and reinstalling -seems to be trucking again at 6.6mb/s. Weird..

Edited by froggyluv

I remember I used to do similar 5-6 years ago with every unnecessary programs running in the background of Windows XP just before I was starting 3DMark test and I saw some improvement on the FPS but I barely see that anymore. You have programs (game optimization) now that automatically shuts down stuff you dont need but these are more ment on the people with "low end" computers which needs the gain they can get there hands on.

Hello, so my friend just sent me Arma 3 as a gift on steam, and when i want to add it to my library it says "The game is already in your library" but it just stays at my Steam Inventory

I double checked it`s not in my library i have there Arma 2 , but no arma 3 ...

some solution ?

Hello, so my friend just sent me Arma 3 as a gift on steam, and when i want to add it to my library it says "The game is already in your library" but it just stays at my Steam Inventory

I double checked it`s not in my library i have there Arma 2 , but no arma 3 ...

some solution ?

I would suggest contacting Steam Support.

i haven't seen it posted so i thought i would add it

-nologs -nosplash -world=empty -CPUCount=6 -exThreads=7

(6 being the number of psychical cores your processor has)

exThreads mainly. 7 pertains to dividing Geometry loading, Texture loading and File Operations in to there own threads.

i saw an improvement when i added that to the steam launch options.

also just taking time setting up all the video settings helps too...rarely is ultra an vast improvement over high.

I am also having an issue joining servers and I would create a new thread but I cannot for some reason. Whenever I try and join a server I can get into the server lobby and then I press ok to join the game I recieve the mission file but then get kicked to the server browser with no error message or anything. PLEASE HELP!

I am also having an issue joining servers and I would create a new thread but I cannot for some reason. Whenever I try and join a server I can get into the server lobby and then I press ok to join the game I recieve the mission file but then get kicked to the server browser with no error message or anything. PLEASE HELP!

Kind of disheartening that no was has replied to this. It also looks like I'm not the only one unable to post a new thread in the forums...

Just bought Arma 3 last night and I've been unable to play. If I can join a server, I select a side and it kicks me back to the server browser. That is if I can even join a server, most of the time my ping is too high to join any or battleye kicks me with ping too high. It's funny that out of the 50+ games I've played, this has never been an issue. My connection is not an issue. I played Arma 2 fine on this same connection. I can't find one server below 250ms, but any server with actual people in them are 500+ pings. So pretty much this has been a waste. I might have to see if Steam will refund me, I'm not happy at all.

I did try some port forwarding that i've googled, firewall disabled, re-verified integrity of files.

• Like 1

Why can't I play any steam scenarios offline? It says 'User not logged in'. BI claimed (on twitter) that it should be possible but it is not

https://twitter.com/bohemiainteract/status/507185448373190656

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/624076027826417759/

This is really a major flaw and makes the steam workshop unusable for me. Sorry if this is slightly offtopic for this thread (not really a 'performance' issue) but for some reason it says that I can't create any new topics.

Why can't I play any steam scenarios offline? It says 'User not logged in'. BI claimed (on twitter) that it should be possible but it is not

https://twitter.com/bohemiainteract/status/507185448373190656

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/624076027826417759/

This is really a major flaw and makes the steam workshop unusable for me. Sorry if this is slightly offtopic for this thread (not really a 'performance' issue) but for some reason it says that I can't create any new topics.

If anyone is interested: I created a bug report for this:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26314

If anyone is interested: I created a bug report for this:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26314

It's really annoying! It didnt happen last year I noticed-it seems to have something to do with when you last played it-if he scenario or game has updated since then,then it wont play.

I am using steam and its not even launching. it says "Game executable not found. Please repair your game using the Steam Client" I dont know how to fix this. I really want to play. Just got it today.

HI, after update i cnnot run even Campain list - it's crashes the game to windows.. how to solve?

about performance drops caused by STEAM and how mitigate them

from my own experience this is what eats most CPU from highest to lowest

• 1. STEM friend-list (even while online, just closing friend-list saves most CPU usage)
  • 2. STEAM chats (the more of them active the worse the overall load)
  • 3. STEAM updating (as uses checksums it needs some CPU and I/O, so make sure nothing is updating)
  • 4. STEAM overlay
  • 5. STEAM IM (switch yourself to OFFLINE for lowest CPU usage)
  • 6. STEAM website (if you keep website open and minimize, it still keeps playing the flash animations for example, so ideally you visit e.g. your profile page as last)

+ then set STEAM to lower priority than arma3.exe

+ Avast! antivirus users (but same rules can be used for other AV) shall read : http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=116952.0

This doesn't have anything to do with this thred but I didn't really know where to put it but herer it is. everytime i try to join a game it says "battleye initialization failed" i dont know what to do and its been like this for a few monthes and I thought one of yall might have an answer.

This doesn't have anything to do with this thred but I didn't really know where to put it but herer it is. everytime i try to join a game it says "battleye initialization failed" i dont know what to do and its been like this for a few monthes and I thought one of yall might have an answer.

The first - Start of "Steam"

The second - Start of Arma3launcher

Everytime i try to start up my Arma 3 it gives me a Arma 3 launch error. Which means I can't play my game... AT ALL! I would like to have this fixed as fast as possible because i spent my hard earned money on this game and i cant even play it!

I've decide to play some arma 3 after 1-year break. I've downloaded and installed game via steam. Cash is ok. Pushing "play" button and viola

Game wont start

"Unexpected error occured system.windows.baml2006.typeconvertermarkupextension" - window

wtf was that?

http://freetexthost.com/kkqr5zkes6Arma 3 Launcher Exception Log

Since I cant open a new thread, dunno why i have to ask here:

I'm getting crashes 24/7 on arma, but only when Exilemod is active with following code:

"unknown software exception 0x0000094"

Can't connect on any exile server, I already repaired with scc /scannow, deleted the whole arma 3 files and downloaded again, nothing changed.