terox

Tutorial: Installation & Configuration of ArmA3 Dedicated Server

690 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, terox said:

That's a memory address, could be anything, you have followed the debugging tutorial also stickied in this forum right ?

I may be jumping the gun here, but am assuming this is a modded rpg server running a database ?

Yes its a modded rpg server, we tryed to follow every post with the same fail. 

well you first need to prove a pure vanilla installed server before you start adding a mountain of levels of additional content that you need to debug

4 minutes ago, Hoeghen Gaming said:

Yes its a modded rpg server, we tryed to follow every post with the same fail. 

Lol I thought so. Well start by getting a basic vanilla server to run and prove folks can connect then start adding your additional content a bit at a time, proving stability at each little step you take

29 minutes ago, terox said:

well you first need to prove a pure vanilla installed server before you start adding a mountain of levels of additional content that you need to debug

Lol I thought so. Well start by getting a basic vanilla server to run and prove folks can connect then start adding your additional content a bit at a time, proving stability at each little step you take

But we know that we are getting the error evry time we are putting "Task Force Radio (PBO)" on the server. 

5 hours ago, Hoeghen Gaming said:

But we know that we are getting the error evry time we are putting "Task Force Radio (PBO)" on the server. 

I give in :-) don't you think that was something you should have stated in your first post ???

Make sure you have added the TFAR userconfig on the server (Most likely issue)

41 minutes ago, terox said:

I give in :-) don't you think that was something you should have stated in your first post ???

Make sure you have added the TFAR userconfig on the server (Most likely issue)

We did add the userconfig and we tried to delete it and replace it, same thing happend.

Other issues you may have caused

Task force radio has to be installed in its named mod folder, it cannot be added to another mod folder unlike most other addons

This thread is not really suitable for debugging your addon / 3rd part content issues, this is a thread for setting up servers

1 minute ago, terox said:

Oh well done, don't you think that was something that should been stated in your first post ???

Make sure you have the userconfig for TFAR also added to the server

As I said the userconfig is on the server.. and it was just something we found out like 8 hours ago

Hello, community!

I need advice. How to set required mods list at server configuration?

I want the server not to let players after this configuration if player don't have required mod.

18 hours ago, Ego_Brain said:

Hello, community!

I need advice. How to set required mods list at server configuration?

I want the server not to let players after this configuration if player don't have required mod.

Hi Ego, I have just updated the addon section in the first post that hopefully explains everything you need to know about addons, I would suggest you read that and try to implement then if you are stuck, ask a specific question, rather than a generic "How do I do all of this" which is already answered in the first post.

Todays 64 Bit exe update

1) Update your firewall rules to include the 64 bit binary

2) BattleEye changes

• 64 bit binary runs the beserver_x64.dll
  • It also needs a BEServer_x64.cfg (Which is simply a renamed copy of your BEServer.cfg
1 person likes this

On March 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM, terox said:

SERVER

Am I required to buy a server first or is this to do free? Because if this for free then I wasted a ton of money

Am I required to buy a server first or is this to do free? Because if this for free then I wasted a ton of money

What the hell are you talking about mate ?

Here's a shot at the cryptic query.

You will need the hardware an o/s and a place to host the server

BIS do not pay us to run servers (Now wouldn't that be nice :-))

The actual ArmA3 dedicated server software is free

what youtube video....

and you need a physical server to run arma on

Your options are

• Buy one and colocate it (Most expensive but total control)
  • Rent a dedicated server (Mid cost with a lot of control)
  • rent virtual space (No. of slots) at a gamehosting provider (Cheapest with least control)
  • Run a virtual server from your own gaming rig (Lower number of slots (For a few mates), needs good upload/download bandwidth but by far the cheapest

Hi, I have a problem. I have a proper Altis Life in which the server is fully configured and the problem that I from my computer run with the TADST server and I enter as civil and I have the screen this way: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/90476295962406948/A5A70BFC88D876B934E6B6A4E450002C015BCC2D/         https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/90476295962407302/F607827582BC2B4A21D1080B829401278F44E498/

and I can not do anything and I even die.