k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

On 2/21/2018 at 8:11 PM, Sgt Smash said:

My video memory usage slowly keeps going up untill it hits the full 8gb after about a hour and then starts to stutter forcing me to have to retsart my game or run 32bit, happens to my friends also, No matter if we run mods or not and even just in the editor.

Any help would be great:icon_biggrin:

Having the same issue now, but when it hits 8GB VRAM it just crashes. Did you find a fix for your case?

Did you guys try just setting your -maxVram startparameter to something less than 8gb?

5 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Did you guys try just setting your -maxVram startparameter to something less than 8gb?

Limiting the amount of memory will reduce the time when a problem occurs. Unfortunately, this has always been the case in Arma3.
Whenever the arma3.exe 32 \ 64 process reaches any limit to the ability to use allocated RAM space, or unlimited RAM space from the user or the system, the FPS tends to a low value.
How quickly this problem will arise depends on the nature of the battle, the speed of movement on the map of the area, and other events associated with high consumption of RAM.
It is clear that the root of the problem is in a limited Arma3 engine. Is it possible to solve this problem at the current stage, it is not clear, but most likely not.

On 2/7/2019 at 4:37 PM, Diveyez said:

Arma is just a horribly out of date and non-optimized piece of software and needs to be replaced by its next version ASAP.

I recently installed DayZ Standalone Offline. I was curious to see the future development of the new engine. I spent several hours trying a single walk in the world of DayZ.
I was impressed with the work of the new engine, and the distribution of the load on the PC components - CPU, GPU and RAM.
But there is one "But", there is a drop in FPS familiar from Arma3. I hope that this is only from the server running on my PC from the DayZ Offline version.
There are so many nice changes:
- the ability of the character to get high and low aiming angles
- high and low aiming angles, from the position of the body lying on your back
- lighting, light propagation, restriction of light propagation on obstacles
and other interesting solutions.
Unfortunately, I have not tried it on any server, I do not like the MMO genre, sorry DayZ.
Thanks to the DayZ guys for the new look of Chernarus, it was interesting to see it with my eyes.
I look forward to the release of the Arma on the new engine.

Et9qVng.jpg

17 hours ago, lex__1 said:

Whenever the arma3.exe 32 \ 64 process reaches any limit to the ability to use allocated RAM space, or unlimited RAM space from the user or the system, the FPS tends to a low value.

VRAM is the issue, not RAM.

My idea was that Arma doesn't correctly detect the amount of VRAM it has available and crashes when it tries to allocate more than is available, I had that problem myself when I gave Arma fake amounts of VRAM in the 32bit version. Thus limiting it to the correct value might fix it.

On 3/6/2013 at 2:50 AM, k3lt said:

As you can see only 1 core peaks at around 70%, other 3 cores usually stays below 50% and rarely go any higher, while gpu usage stays very low.

These Symptoms look like intensive Usage of Memory (RAM). Algorithms with heavy Memory Controller Usage are not using all the CPU Power effeciently (the Number of Cores is not very important to them). I am saying this as a Programmer who knowns various programming Languages (from Assembly to C and C++). I have seen the same Symptoms in all Games of this Series from OFP to Arma 3. All these Games are based on the same Game Engine (with different Modifications).

On 2/11/2019 at 10:32 AM, Dedmen said:

Yes and has no effect still goes over.

only two things i can do is run the game in 32bit mode or keep an eye on vram usage and restart my game each time it nearly gets full