Sign in to follow this  
lordprimate

Settings and FPS

Hello all, Just want to gauge FPS with others ..

With all settings off Ultra or Very high, ViewDistance at 3k, 3d res at %100.

I get about 17 frames on the infantry showcase (30 scoped) In the editor with only two squads on map i get the same FPS.. 17 when looking in a city 27 when looking out to sea, and 30-40 when scoped ..

4ghz AMD 6core

16Gb ddr3 1866mhz ram

2X 7950 ATI video cards in Xfire.. with total of 6gb of VideoRam..

360GB SSD...

I really feel like i should be seeing better frames... Both cards are running at about %25 usage at 42*C.

What is everyone else seeing?

Edited by Lordprimate

My rig is:

i5 2500

8 gb ram

and I get somewhat decent framerates on high(with some framarate drops). However its still an alpha so thats actually pretty good.

Great performance at max settings and pretty high render distance on my GTX680 and i7 3770K, 16GB DDR3. Although, FreeTrack runs like shit in ArmA 3.

Past ArmA games have had issues with ATI/AMD haven't they? I seem to recall that being an issue.

Is there a reason that my 2600k and evga gtx 590 are getting like really weird lag spikes that happen ever 1.5 seconds that makes it almost unplayable even on the lowest setting

Is there a reason that my 2600k and evga gtx 590 are getting like really weird lag spikes that happen ever 1.5 seconds that makes it almost unplayable even on the lowest setting

Have you run the game more than once? First time I ran it, I had some issues like that, but restarting fixed and haven't had any issues since. Also make sure drivers are up to date, blah-blah-blah. I'm sure you know the drill.

Ya ive tried it twice and had to go somewhere so im about to try it again but ya I updated the drivers and everything so ill try it out but I dont know... :/

@OP- Don't think cross fire is working with Alpha

I have a AMD 965 BE OC to 3.7 and a 5850 card, and the Auto detect set a few of my settings to high. Lots of eye candy and it runs smooth, in fact it runs better on my machine then A2 does. Gotta say I am very impressed with the single game so far. Have to get used to all the new things we can do in game with stances and get used to them. The sounds are good and it is much nicer then I hoped for.

Can't wait till I cut my teeth and try out multi player, I figure that is when I might loose some of that smoothness I am having now. Best $33 I have spent in a long time

I'm hoping someone who has bought the game but only meets the minimum requirements can post his frame rates in different situations. I have a 3-4 year old pc and things aren't going to improve until at least summer so I am hesitant to buy the game right now if it's unplayable even on low settings. So if there are any explorers out there please share your knowledge. Thanks!

My (obsolete) system specs:

Core 2 Duo E7300 2,66Ghz

Nvidia 9800GT 512VRAM

4GB DDR2

Have you run the game more than once? First time I ran it, I had some issues like that, but restarting fixed and haven't had any issues since. Also make sure drivers are up to date, blah-blah-blah. I'm sure you know the drill.
restarting my computer helped alot im running on ultra with with a solid 55fps! Thanks alot man!!!

restarting my computer helped alot im running on ultra with with a solid 55fps! Thanks alot man!!!

What are your specs if you don't mind me asking? Just trying to gauge how my system will perform when I am able to get home and play.

I have a year and a half rig, i7 2600K 8GB Ram with a single GTX580.

I'm running 20-30FPS on very high.

Haven't tried restarting system yet though.

My settings, it's working quite decently (most of the time around 60fps, about 30+ when there are vehicles/infantry around)

As you can see i had to go down with draw distance alot, i think it's pretty heavy on CPU (also objects/terrain/shadow quality)

Homever i also have quite few things at high / ultra so after all it looks pretty decently (except draw distance..)

LKc2POz.jpg

SKYrYX9.jpg

gcg8EpC.jpg

Looks like this: (34 fps when taking screenshot)

0ugiFMG.jpg

Dont know why it was resized, but i'm playing at 1680x1050 resolution.

If i go any higher with draw distance, it basically stays below 30 fps all the time as it gets cpu bottlenecked no matter what other settings you would change. (well atleast until some optimizations will come)

Overally i'm a bit disappointed, i expected to be able play with similiar settings except the very tiny draw distance which is not only looking pretty bad, but also give me disadvantage in long range fighting.

Edited by k3lt

What are your specs if you don't mind me asking? Just trying to gauge how my system will perform when I am able to get home and play.
Overclocked evga gtx 590 hydro copper, intel i7 2600k @4.5 ghz, 8gb of 2200mhz corsair ram and thats the basics :D

Pentium Dual-Core E5700 @3.0Ghz

4GB RAM

GTX 660

Getting about 20 fps if I look at the sky... lol. When explosions are going on I get about 10 fps, and in towns about 9 fps. When AI and Combat are added (not yet tried) but I reckon only a miserable 5 fps :/ So unless I get money fast A3 is unplayable, which really sucks.

* Edit: Medium-High graphics

For some reason I'm able to run the game, with mixed low-med settings on this ancient m17x r1. Like low shaders, high/ultra textures and a 3rd of the view distance. Everything else is either disabled or low, but what confuses me is that this laptop is old and quite a bit under the min specs, yet I can run A3 enjoyably (and I'm picky about fps)- IN THE ALPHA OF ALL THINGS.

*Another thing is that for more troops and vehicles, things like that, I have to sacrifice view and object distance to remain around 40-50 fps.

Edited by Kedrowski

I have a year and a half rig, i7 2600K 8GB Ram with a single GTX580.

I'm running 20-30FPS on very high.

Haven't tried restarting system yet though.

im getting that with sli gtx580 so sli si not working for alpha it seems. :(

I'm hoping someone who has bought the game but only meets the minimum requirements can post his frame rates in different situations. I have a 3-4 year old pc and things aren't going to improve until at least summer so I am hesitant to buy the game right now if it's unplayable even on low settings. So if there are any explorers out there please share your knowledge. Thanks!

Core 2 Duo E7300 2,66Ghz

Nvidia 9800GT 512VRAM

4GB DDR2

I'm running a vaguely similar CPU, Q8400, and it's having a lot of trouble. If you're definitely going to play Arma3 when it releases/in a few months time then GO FOR IT, it's REALLY cheap at the moment. But you probably won't be able to play the game, at least not at all well, until your upgrade.

Core 2 Duo E7300 2,66Ghz

Nvidia 9800GT 512VRAM

4GB DDR2

Hey I got a core 2 duo @ 2.5Ghz and Nvidea 8800gt, literally just meeting the minimal specs. I have pretty much every setting on low + pp is disabled. at these settings the game looks pretty shitty but hey I am used to it with arma 2 and all. My fps is anywhere from 10 - 40 depending on the terrain. Forests kill me (12 fps average I'd say), urban areas are just bearable (23 fps) and open hillsides with scattered foliage run nicely (35 fps) - All that's with zero AI. I played a bit of the infantry showcase and my fps was always below 20 but never below 10.

All in all its good enough to test stuff out with but I will definitely be upgrading before arma 3 comes out. If you want me to test anything more specific just give me a shout.

Edited by -Coulum-

Guys, exactly what is Atoc? Should I leave it enabled or else?

Yay!

Just messin around with cpl bots in editor 60 fps over ocean, drops way down once over land. In both mp mission fps drop considerably. last one i hosted with 10 ppl in na up near once of the camps it dropped down to 7-10 fps. On normal settings at 1920x1024, still have to test some. PP off

AMD Phenom IIx4.955 processor (4 cpu's) @ 3.20ghz

4gig

NVidia GtS 450

I'd be interested to hear how it's working from someone with similar specs to me. Phenom II X4 955 @3.6Ghz, 6950 (unlocked to 6970) 2GB (900/1350Mhz), 16GB DDR3

Guys, exactly what is Atoc? Should I leave it enabled or else?

Yay!

ATOC uses some advanced processing when trees and grass are concerned, if you want best performance you disable it, if you want best visuals you turn it to max.