Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

9 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

That guy posting pics of the Brazilians, aren't those @Delta Hawk's stuff from the USM mod? Are those authorized retextures?

7 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Yes they definitely are DeltaHawk's uniforms. No idea if authorised or not..I'll PM him in the morning and check.

A lot of awesome pics went up today! Really liked the 1930's gangsters from @ShiftyzZ-98 ! Very creative use of assets.

I think they are Delta Hawk's because I have sent a PM to this guy and he hasn't responded....

• Like 1

I received a reply from deltahawk and from the poster of the pics. He is not the maker of that mod at all-he simply downloaded it from the workshop. However, whoever did make the mod did not get permission from deltahawk-he has given permission to nobody to alter his work.

• Like 3

Spoiler

MqGDTDb.jpg

This picture looks pretty cool and inspired me to work on a small spec ops mission. Thank you ineptaphid for posting this! Looks like you have put lots of work into that picture. One question though, where is that car from? I was looking for it on the workshop but can't seem to find it. Is it from BFST?

• Like 2

Unreleased as of now. No, not from bfst. I didnt list it as it is not part of any released mod yet. It is not mine, and i have nothing to do with it's creation, so i cant say if/when it will be released. Send me a link when your mission is done-I would love to play it. 

Kind of regretting posting that pic...I have gotten 4 PM's and 2 steam messages asking about that damn car already! hahaha

• Like 2

Anyone know how the broken glass on the ground was achieved in this pic? looks really nice

D9C280F2ED1C47472210370F6F8C28EB8ACCAD89

• Like 2

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Anyone know how the broken glass on the ground was achieved in this pic? looks really nice

D9C280F2ED1C47472210370F6F8C28EB8ACCAD89

Its parts of the broken HMMWV's model if I remember correctly.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PolyG said:
  Hide contents

Its parts of the broken HMMWV's model if I remember correctly.

PolyG is right. It's a model from CUP mod.

• Like 2

Take me back to the 80's :D

• Like 2

What's this BFST mod that I've seen in some pics in the last few days? Can someone provide any info on it?

3 hours ago, SuicideCommando said:

What's this BFST mod that I've seen in some pics in the last few days? Can someone provide any info on it?

It's a mod that contains french gear made by sakuraba. Currently it's shared only with friends but he might release it someday

Oh damn, I hope he does. I'm in need of some top quality French gear as there's really nothing out there currently. I love the R3F weapons mod, would be awesome to have some gear to go with that. Thanks for letting me know what it was LTF. ;)

• Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 11:20 PM, Alex150201 said:

I think they are Delta Hawk's because I have sent a PM to this guy and he hasn't responded....

Generally speaking, what's the ruling on re-textures and edits for personal use? (e.g., would getting permission from the original addon maker still apply?)

8 hours ago, jefferspang said:

Generally speaking, what's the ruling on re-textures and edits for personal use? (e.g., would getting permission from the original addon maker still apply?)

Yes, you always should to get the permission of the original author which you will probably get in most cases. Personal retextures that won't be released are kind of a grey area but it's not good style to alter someone else’s work without contacting them first.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jefferspang said:

Well you should be getting permission for even personal use. If nobody will ever see these then it doesn't really matter does it? But if you are going to post pictures with retextured content using things other people made it is a MUST to get permision from the original author. Now for DeltaHawk he has stated himself he won't give permision to anyone and NOBODY is allowed to un-pbo his stuff. Now a lot of people are either not smart to put it nicely or just straight up ignore the rules.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Alex150201 said:

Well you should be getting permission for even personal use. If nobody will ever see these then it doesn't really matter does it? But if you are going to post pictures with retextured content using things other people made it is a MUST to get permision from the original author. Now for DeltaHawk he has stated himself he won't give permision to anyone and NOBODY is allowed to un-pbo his stuff. Now a lot of people are either not smart to put it nicely or just straight up ignore the rules.

Thanks for clarifying. That's what I thought as well. As fingolfin has said even though personal re-textures are abit of a grey area, the act of de-pbo'ing the addons are a breach of the end user's license agreement no matter how well-intentioned the personal re-textures are. I've seen some of my old work used in parts of personal addons and while this isn't something I'm losing sleep over, I would've appreciated a quick message as a matter of courtesy. 

On another note, I'm curious to know what your thoughts are on personal addons that contain assets ported from games other than ArmA? I've seen some screenshots where certain items are very much heavily modified models/textures from other games and seeing as this has never been bought up before, I've always assumed that this was tolerated. 

34 minutes ago, jefferspang said:

Thanks for clarifying. That's what I thought as well. As fingolfin has said even though personal re-textures are abit of a grey area, the act of de-pbo'ing the addons are a breach of the end user's license agreement no matter how well-intentioned the personal re-textures are. I've seen some of my old work used in parts of personal addons and while this isn't something I'm losing sleep over, I would've appreciated a quick message as a matter of courtesy. 

On another note, I'm curious to know what your thoughts are on personal addons that contain assets ported from games other than ArmA? I've seen some screenshots where certain items are very much heavily modified models/textures from other games and seeing as this has never been bought up before, I've always assumed that this was tolerated. 

Well again I mean I wouldn't tell a lot of people if I ported stuff from other games. Not that I would myself anyway I don't have the luxury that people call time unfortunately. But yeah I mean if I look at a picture I see content I don't regognize (which rarely happens, I probably have the entirety of armaholic downloaded to my pc :D) I will PM the author ask them what and where its from but nothing else. To be completely honest I either haven't really seen any ported stuff from other games on the forums or just can't tell anything apart :)

11 hours ago, OnceIWasKovic said:

US troops take cover at a nearby residence after their convoy is ambushed (Iraq, 2003). Mods: RHS, Extra RHS Uniform Re-textures, USM.

Nice, I like 2003 stuff.

• Like 3

Well, PhotoBucket just nuked the Picture Thread from orbit. 

Can anyone recommend a good, free photo hosting website? 

54 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

Imgur is alright.

• Like 2

Yeah, Imgur is pretty great.

13 hours ago, stburr91 said:

I use imgur

• Like 1

Flickr is pretty good, i use to host there before i got my own webserver.