Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

On 29/03/2017 at 4:23 PM, tomzy said:

Dday, Commandos landing, Sword Beach

-------------------------------------

MODS : IFA3 + FOW + Direone's Static Animations

Oh damn!

Some other leaked pictures of the next Call of Duty!!!

Oh wait... ;-)

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images.
  • Like 3

Jarrad is right- it's from the ilbe mod. I don't use tfar with it- although that does throw up an error, but it works fine. You can move it around with ace

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greenfist said:

No mods. No seriousness.

I actually did this on a KOTH server with a friend once. While it was incredibly inaccurate we did manage to down an enemy chopper before our own helicopter was knocked out. Miraculously the vehicle actually survived the fall after it detached!

• Like 1

I have to say, RangerificWilson's "Get off the ship" pics are some of the coolest and most exciting i have seen in quite a while. Really nice work!

• Like 3

On 14/04/2017 at 7:57 PM, ineptaphid said:

I have to say, RangerificWilson's "Get off the ship" pics are some of the coolest and most exciting i have seen in quite a while. Really nice work!

Thank you for the feedback, really appreciate it as im new to the screenshot artwork

• Like 3

I have a question for screens, is there any recommended resolution I should take them at? I have mine at 1920x1080 most of the time.

2 hours ago, deathwatch4 said:

I have a question for screens, is there any recommended resolution I should take them at? I have mine at 1920x1080 most of the time.

Doesn't really matter, mine are 1920x1080.

3 hours ago, deathwatch4 said:

Really doesnt amtter, I use 1920x1080 aas well-because that is my monitors resolution.

The pictures of the USS Freedom which Jeza posted looked really great. I especially liked this one in particular : 

HVyzEw6.jpg

How was this picture taken? Looks like it has been edited or was this achieved in Arma 3?

• Like 1

Thanks.

No editing, at certain time in the morning / evening you'll get a great sunrise and sunset, so just stick you're ship or whatever in the foreground and you should get something like this. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rioD said:

How was this picture taken? Looks like it has been edited or was this achieved in Arma 3?

To darken the sky and have the sun stand out like that, open the splendid camera, and play with the aperture slider-this will darken/lighten, under/over expose pictures. You can achieve some wonderful affects with it-such as Jeza's cool pic.

• Like 2

Is anyone else tired of the tacticool dudes with beards and sunglasses standing around fist bumping and looking cringey circlejerk? I'm no photography pro and my own screenshots I will never proclaim to be the best or any sort of example, but I more or less try to use orientation effectively and capture something interesting instead of taking dull shots. Honestly, generic operators standing around taking pics used to be done actually pretty well and pretty thoughtfully in screenshots, but its becoming overdone and poorly done. It's a minority thats guilty but theres no less a high saturation of some kind of lame content. 

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

Is anyone else tired of the tacticool dudes with beards and sunglasses standing around fist bumping and looking cringey circlejerk? I'm no photography pro and my own screenshots I will never proclaim to be the best or any sort of example, but I more or less try to use orientation effectively and capture something interesting instead of taking dull shots. Honestly, generic operators standing around taking pics used to be done actually pretty well and pretty thoughtfully in screenshots, but its becoming overdone and poorly done. It's a minority thats guilty but theres no less a high saturation of some kind of lame content. 

I didnt want to say anything...but I  kind of agree. We get about 3 pics every day of five guys in AOR1 or muticam, just standing looking at the camera..Seen one, seen them all.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

I feel the same way. The same old beardy tacticool operator pics get a bit old after a while.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. 

• Like 7

Try being a bearded tacticool operator in real life, it's fucking hard work trying to keep the image up!! :smileflower:

• Like 7

On 4/28/2017 at 3:42 PM, wsxcgy said:

I feel ya. I prefer old school and retro/historical stuff, based on actual events and focused on the grunts, like the 11Bs and 0311s.

• Like 3

On 4/28/2017 at 0:42 PM, wsxcgy said:

Why hello, my number one pet peeve!

We have a MASSIVE military sandbox available to us with a universe of mods available, but you wouldn't know it looking at the screenshots sometimes...

• Like 4

On 28.4.2017 at 10:42 PM, wsxcgy said:

Is anyone else tired of the tacticool dudes with beards and sunglasses standing around fist bumping and looking cringey circlejerk?

46 minutes ago, CannonSong said:

We have a MASSIVE military sandbox available to us with a universe of mods available, but you wouldn't know it looking at the screenshots sometimes...

Youre not alone.

...The beards bother me the most. Why would we need them anyway really?

• Like 3

Here's a nice calming picture to help forget the beards...

dl4RNkP.jpg

• Like 9

I wanna shoot the balloon with AAA....

• Like 3