Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead - Linux Server beta 1.62.102451

Yeah it cannot find some of the content folders. Any chance you happen to have 2 expansion dirs? (one called "Expansion" and another called "expansion")

If so this post I made might help:

Guys, the whole problem with "Expansion" not getting done by tolower is because you have already dumped a folder in there called "expansion" (the one in the install bundle that only contains the BE lib for linux). i.e. it cannot change "Expansion" to "expansion" because a dir already exist with that name.

Simplest fix for this is rather than unzipping the install bundle directly into your A2OA dir, unzip it to another location (eg: /usr/local/src/a2oa-server ) then copy all EXCEPT the expansion folder over to you A2OA dir. Then run the install script. Then copy over the beserver.so file (from /usr/local/src/a2oa-server/expansion/battleye) to the "expansion/battleye/" dir you already have (as it should have been converted from "Expansion" by tolower this time).

^^ You can do all of this even if you have already unsuccessfully tried to use the installer (just get rid of the "expansion" dir that only has battleye in it first).

If that doesn't help ^^^ then it will something else to do with how you have combined the A2 and OA folders together, in which case just post an "ls -al" of the dir so I can see what you have there.

Thanks for helping out!

No, I checked and do not have 2 expansion dirs. Here are the output per your request. I have also listed the whole directory structure:

$ ls -la

drwxr-xr-x 14 urutu urutu 4096 Apr 19 11:43 .

drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Apr 19 10:24 ..

drwx-w---- 2 urutu urutu 12288 Apr 17 12:31 addons

-rw-rw-r-- 1 urutu urutu 322 Apr 17 12:35 arma2.cfg

-rw------- 1 urutu urutu 13 Apr 19 11:43 arma2oa.cfg

-rwxrwxr-x 1 urutu urutu 2800 Jun 29 2010 arma2oaserver

drwxrwxrwx 2 urutu urutu 4096 Apr 19 11:42 battleye

drwx-w---- 2 urutu urutu 12288 Apr 17 12:31 common

drwxrwxrwx 2 urutu urutu 4096 Apr 16 09:02 dta

drwx-w---- 6 urutu urutu 4096 Apr 19 10:54 expansion

-rwxrwxr-x 1 urutu urutu 395 Apr 19 10:21 install

drwxrwxrwx 2 urutu urutu 4096 Apr 17 12:31 keys

drwxrwxrwx 2 urutu urutu 4096 Apr 19 11:00 missions

drwxrwxrwx 2 urutu urutu 4096 Apr 19 10:55 mpmissions

drwx--x--x 2 urutu urutu 4096 Apr 19 11:43 player

-rwxrwxrwx 1 urutu urutu 15676336 Feb 25 04:14 server

-rw-rw-r-- 1 urutu urutu 4251 Apr 16 14:46 server.cfg

-rwxrwxr-x 1 urutu urutu 13212 Apr 19 10:54 tolower

-rw-rw-r-- 1 urutu urutu 3137 Sep 13 2007 tolower.c

$ find -type d -print

./addons

./battleye

./common

./dta

./expansion

./expansion/battleye

./expansion/addons

./expansion/dta

./expansion/keys

./keys

./missions

./mpmissions

./player

If you have any other suggestion or questions, please let me know.

Thank you!

Hello,

i try to host a Server on Debian 6.

With 1.60 it works fine. Now I updatet to 1.62 and when i try to start the server with ./server it gaves me the following error:

"

./server

./server: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./server)

"

How can i install libstdc++.so.6 or GLIBCXX_3.4.1.5?

Best regards

Phinitris

Hey Dwarden, kinda slightly OT but is there any hope we will _ever_ see any kind of support for CallExtension in the linux dedicated server? Even some lesser equivalent means of external I/O would do the job.

Just reading through the iniDB thread and getting really depressed about all the things I can't do because I run a linux server :(

The way hacking is these days it would be a godsend just to be able to save/restore the server state during an emergency restart (i.e. the most obvious use of iniDB).

I'm interested of this also. Only reason why I can't switch to linux version.

i hope 103718+ is available soon for linux server this would allow me to run a dayz server on my linux root :P

i hope 103718+ is available soon for linux server this would allow me to run a dayz server on my linux root :P

What? They are finally putting callExtension support in the linux binary? When/where was that announced???

EDIT: Oh, did I miss the sarcasm in that? lol, trolled me good :p

Hi, when running a linux server with 1.62.102451, what beta patch is recommended for clients?

and

3. Copy the "server-x.xx.tar.gz" (x.xx is version number) file into

the arma2arrowhead directory. Unpack and install it with commands:

arma2arrowhead$ tar -xjf server-x.xx.tar.bz2

arma2arrowhead$ ./install

Watch the messages - they will inform you whether your installation

is successful.

I dont have an arma2arrowhead directory, i have base ArmA2(non steam) and purchased Arrowhead standalone which asked at install if it should install as Combined Operations, what i agreed, thus my ArmA 2 Co looks like:

ArmA2\Addons

ArmA2\BattlEye(deleted for Linux install)

ArmA2\Campaigns

ArmA2\Common

ArmA2\dll (deleted for Linux install)

ArmA2\Dta

ArmA2\mpmissions

ArmA2\userconfig(+subdirectories)

ArmA2\Expansion\Addons

ArmA2\Expansion\BattlEye(deleted for Linux install)

ArmA2\Expansion\beta(to be installed)

ArmA2\Expansion\Dta

ArmA2\Expansion\Keys

So how would the above step 3. look like?

Ok got it, just copied it into expansion. Just wanna say documentation on ArmA 2 Linux stuff is horrible, but whos surprised eh?

Edited by RunForrest

Copy the server file to your main ArmA2 directory and install from there. I know, it's late.

Are the DLC british air force & PrivateMC validated with OA on linux?

When I start my OA server without PMC & Baf, it's running fine.

When I use pmc I get this error at start :-> Data file too short './a2oa/pmc\addons\dubbingradio_pmc.pbo'. Expected 731317772 B, got 66810622 B

I did a full reload of pmc extension and the file stay with the size of 66810622 B (65Mb).

So i expect a patch to download not referenced for PMC on linux.

Same with BAF -> Data file too short './a2oa/baf\addons\data_baf.pbo'. Expected -254832713 B, got 23560207 B

These 2 extensions are needed for Dayz & dayz_epoch Mod, so I am blocked....

you don't need full data of DLC on Linux server, the lite date of DLC are present already in basic OA dataset

These 2 extensions are needed for Dayz & dayz_epoch Mod, so I am blocked....

How do you plan to run the hive db (DayZ) stuff anyay when Linux Dedi has no CallExtension (DLL) support?

Edited by redshirt_ensign
context

How do you plan to run the hive db (DayZ) stuff anyay when Linux Dedi has no CallExtension (DLL) support?

github.com/denisio

github.com/denisio

Wow thanks for posting that. Very curious little bundle. He seems to have kludged the DB i/o layer that would normally use Arma.NET SQL calls for hive interaction, and replaced it with a system of output (DB writes/queries) via console log (using debug messaging I assume) and inputs (DB reads) by building temp sqf scripts and running them.

I once contemplated doing something similar for basic db support in Wasteland ... but this very complex by comparison. He has even got an "epoch" binary running it all (I assume it is just a wrapper to the linux dedi binary).

My only concern is whether there is any hive lag due to all that console log scanning and sqf file creation/loading. Still very clever none the less.

I recently went the other way and just started running the win dedi via WINE instead (talking to local linux mysql server but using the DLL for sql support).

Hi all, i'm looking for linux dedicated server files for arma2 oa 1.62.103718.

Where can i find them please.

that one has not been released.. or skipped.. not sure what you need that version for?

I need this for make a dedicated dayz mod server "linux" because my dedicated is on ubuntu. :)

(ubuntu server of course without graphical interface and without WINE)

And when i launch the server with other version the server say me: files to older. something like this.

Sorry for me terrible english i'm french ^^

Edited by Ezrielle