Sign in to follow this  
circassian

how to make an AI scud lunch onMapSingleClick?

Hi guys, can anyone tell me how to make an AI scud lunchs on my "onMapSingleClick"? in details please.

thanks

Well, to answer your question i should DL this addon, which i won't do. Maybe someone knowing it will answer.

Hi circassian, one year or two years ago, I downloaded a mission about that. The objective is launch the scud missil just giving click on the map. I hope this mission helps you out. The autor is "vikingo", he lives in Argentina, I think. This is the link http://opflashpoint.zxq.net/missions.html

Are you asking how to use the DSF addon or are you trying to make your own scud launching script?

If you just want to use the addon, a quick way to repurpose the DSF demo mission would be to add a radio trigger to which runs a new launch request script and add a game logic named TargetLogic that the script can move to a custom target position.

The launch request script called from the radio trigger would be:

[side player,"HQ"] sidechat "Provide map coordinates"
onMapSingleClick {[_pos] exec "launch_scud.sqs"}

launch_scud.sqs would be:

onMapSingleClick {}
TargetLogic setpos (_this select 0)
[1,10,TargetLogic,scud2] exec {\DSF_RUSOPFOR\scripts\DSF_ScudLaunch.sqs}

Which according to the addon script should cause the unit scud2 to launch a missile at TargetLogic after 10 seconds.

If you're trying to make your own version then be aware that all of the explosion effects are created by the DSF addon. Effects scripts in general are very complex beasts so making your own mushroom cloud effect from scratch would be very difficult.

Hi Zeewolf; I'm facing a little problem with your script "when mission started every thing is working OK. but after a while "lets say 15 min" when sending the radio msg to the scud and give the coordinates, scud doesn't lunch". so what is it with timing issue?

I don't know, it's probably a bug in the addon (which I didn't make). You can of course add extra conditions, time delays and debugging output (using the hint and format commands) into scripts to find problems in any sqs script.

To be honest I find the DSF addon over the top in terms of special effects and scripting (CEP calculation, flight time, minimum range etc), which makes me reluctant to start tracing it. Do you really need all of the effects it provides? You can cherry pick some of the particle effect scripts as long as you know their calling convention (which you get by unpacking the pbo and reading the relevant script file to find passed variables).

To just run the nuke particle effect on a given position just call (_this select 0) exec {\DSF_Addons\scripts\nuke.sqs} from launch_scud.sqs, obviously this wouldn't kill anyone but it would generate the mushroom cloud at the map location.

A simple way to do it would be have the launch script launch the scud then run the particle effect some time later at the target coordinates, while killing everything there with a trigger.

E.g.

onMapSingleClick {}
; get the position
_pos = _this select 0
; move the triggers
DeathTrigger setpos _pos
FireTrigger setpos _pos
; animate the scud
scud2 action["SCUD LAUNCH"]
~10.5
scud2 action["SCUD START"]
; calculate distance to target
_dist = scud2 distance DeathTrigger
; flight time based on DSF distance coefficient
~((_dist/80) + 35)
; run nuke particle effect
_pos exec {DSF_Addons\scripts\nuke.sqs}
; kill everything in DeathTrigger
{_x setdamage 1} foreach (list DeathTrigger)
; Get everything in FireTrigger but not in DeathTrigger
_burnList = (list FireTrigger) - (list DeathTrigger)
; burn them
{if(vehicle _x == _x) then {[_x] exec {\DSF_Addons\scripts\fire.sqs}}} foreach _burnList

Should launch the scud then kill everything at the target of radius DeathTrigger (a circular Trigger set to Anybody), burn to death any infantry in FireTrigger (a larger circular trigger also set to Anybody) and generate the mushroom cloud. I haven't tested it so you may need to play around with it.

Oh the above code and the DSF addons scripts aren't designed for multiplayer either, since the particle effects would need running seperately on every client machine while a single machine runs the "killing" code. Do you need it to work in multiplayer?

Edited by *Zeewolf*

That's great man.. really awesome..

I'm not a multiplayer fan at least now.. maybe later :)

OK Guys, I'm almost done with creating a great AI scud mission. But i need a little help: I want when the radioing 0 0 1 to call "onmapsingleclick" msg a sound activate with it. so how to active a sound.wss with a radio request?

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Ok guys forget about the above.. i fix it.

Enjoy the great scud demo mission :) with many thanks to ZeeWolf for the DFS scud launching script

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23157743/The+Great+Scud+.Intro.rar

you need the DFS Addon to run the mission

Edited by Circassian