Sign in to follow this  
Sakai

Forze Armate di Capraia - Shaping Alternative History.

I will try and Redownload tomorrow afternoon sometime. I downloaded both versions you put up, first just the FALO and then the whole mod...FALO pbo was present however when I selected the unit in game it still was equipped with the MG36. It was probably just some weird fluke. I'll let you know tomorrow if the problem is fixed :)

Didn't know CWR2 has bren gun? I thought someone told me I44 has one, well I PM'ed I44 and sadly no permission but was redirected to Hell in Pacific and no reply.

Yeah, sorry, that permission-request didn't reach most of us until yesterday and some on the team have not responded on it still.

I would point you to CWR2 UK's Bren too, as it seems to be the modernized L4 Bren. This would fit a modern army much better, I think.

Looking good, keep it up!

Cheers,

D.

i do have ace, and am using the version that was posted on the armaholic homepage, or else i download the correct one after work (the earlier release on homepage (EDIT)

Pretty much new stuff that will be in new patch one day, still stuff are being added so those are only couple of new things:

---------------------------Dirt Layer's on Soldiers----------------------------------------

arma2oa_2013_01_24_12_09_40_289.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_12_09_50_889.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_12_10_01_891.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_12_10_25_598.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_12_10_31_424.png

------------------------------------------------------------------

arma2oa_2013_01_24_12_20_16_994.png - I'm a military medic with a ID Card! *cough*

arma2oa_2013_01_24_12_20_48_275.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_12_20_51_157.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_12_20_53_166.png

And pretty much a Bren for militia :)

it would be nice if there was a tank of World War II as if he had been kept on the island for example panzer IV , the skin of the wagons and a little too dirty

it would be nice if there was a tank of World War II as if he had been kept on the island for example panzer IV , the skin of the wagons and a little too dirty

The tanks stay as they are no more additions sadly :) wagons? do you mean Unimogs or Armored Vehicles? as for armored vehicles its normal they are dirty as hell, if you look at the weather in capraia its sand, dust some grass and mud, so if its gonna rain... Well shite loads of dirt and dust gonna be on the vehicles specially on tanks and m1117 as they are to drive fast on muddy surfaces :)

Unimogs and Jeeps cannot be modifed because of the texture being too confusing and if I add certain things most of it will be inside the driver's view aka where the steering wheel is.

+ Why clean when you can use it as camouflage layer xD

just saw the bren in the militia pics, damn does that look fitting, I cant wait to play with that, in what release will that be included :D

just saw the bren in the militia pics, damn does that look fitting, I cant wait to play with that, in what release will that be included :D

1.0 R3, that will take abit of time tho :)

Makes me wonder if anyone managed to encrypt the message on first page in spoiler and seen something in the doctor's picture xD

lol I only saw it on page 3 with the doc and ID card and all those beneath it, so are you satisfied so far with the FAC or do you think along the way youll want to expand this if you get help?, because id be willing to learn and help skin units if you can walk me through the basics, of which tools to use out of the whole bis tool download.

Well yes, im very satisfied with FAC, getting help as of getting suggestions and ideas from people that like the mod is biggest help I can get, and sadly Capraia is a small island, not big, so this project will be small as well, and not that I even planned, I wanted to do something small and while doing FAC I learned loads and loads of stuff, there is not much for expanding to be honest...

Either way some static stuff!

All of them work with ACE if you have one, no worries it won't do anything to the non ACE users it simply you wont have CWS menu.

arma2oa_2013_01_24_18_15_04_205.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_18_15_08_049.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_18_15_29_931.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_18_15_36_725.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_18_15_53_908.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_18_15_57_895.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_18_16_33_118.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_18_16_36_223.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_18_16_54_155.png

arma2oa_2013_01_24_18_16_58_883.png

With M240 on tri-pod and nest... Good luck to the ACE user's with getting not frustrated with Jam's xD

was working on a smaal tryout base yesterday, used t34's instead of the other ones, it is a bit more obvious looking at the size of the republic

was working on a smaal tryout base yesterday, used t34's instead of the other ones, it is a bit more obvious looking at the size of the republic

Not if you sell Oil ;)

do the AI know how to use the mortars or do you still need to have an AI FO to spot targets or have a module placed in the editor?

do the AI know how to use the mortars or do you still need to have an AI FO to spot targets or have a module placed in the editor?

Nope sadly they do not know so you need AI FO and normal scripts like you would of need for vanilla AI to use it.

Ah okay , it's funny you ended up using the 240's and tow's btw, because i was using the empty usmc 240 nests and tow's to make a small militia platoon COP in editor haha.

Feel free to give suggestion's still be reasonable with them, keep up with the history, story and measurements :)

I dont know what all you still have planned for them, but i think we can establish that if the militia really does indeed end up getting a bren,pm12's and a possible st44 for officers, then thats a pretty well off militia, so I think if anything wanted to be done further to them would really just making them into more of a army reserve component.

I do think though giving them a Toyota hilux or datsun wouldnt be a bad idea, i assume they dont take personal vehicles to duty with them,lol.

It would also tie in to their daily duties of acting as border guards and internal security breaking up and seizing illegal shipments and immigration from takistan, thats all I really have for them, as for the professional Army their pretty well off they have kevlar helmets body armor some weapons with optics they have pretty modern armor, they still need an apc, which I dont know if you were still pursuing asking hell in the pacific if they had a half track or if you wanted to they could get an exported fiat apc from pedagne mod as a gift from Italy.

Airforce I agree keeping it small, limited UH1 and the prop plane, maybe some airfield/airforce security troops? , or you could reskin a few taki regulars and have them be a Caprian Marine Corps, as an island nation I wouldnt think it too implausible that they wouldnt have some sort of amphibious forces and using the taki models wouldnt be bad, steel helmets could be retextured to give them a helmet netted or a burlap cover appearance " http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/military_photos/world-steel-helmets/156933d1290049101-lebanese-soldier-wearing-the-israeli-style-m1-helmet-with-3-point-para-straps-1982-1cf5e940.jpg " to them old school marine look and to set them apart with a uniform you could go for the even older san marco pattern" http://eagleoutfitterstexas.com/shop/images/Atom5046.jpg " or you could go with a french lizard pattern " http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/lizard-pattern-camo.jpg " and you could tie it in with the liberation of the island in 1945, french forces didnt actually leave until 1950's and the local defense forces at the time were impressed by the French Foreign legionnaires wearing the lizard pattern uniform.

As far as weapons would go it would make sense to go with famas f1 route, makes sense logistically, but it wouldnt be uncommon to see these guys with l1a1/fal style weapons, and as for a chariot to suit these marines to ride into battle we could do something simple as an m113 or some ww2 alligator am tracks. These are all pretty far fetched ideas, and if you didnt like the idea of a Capraian marine corps you could make a limited Folgore style Para unit using the old school italian od uniform or the old san marco.

I dont know what all you still have planned for them, but i think we can establish that if the militia really does indeed end up getting a bren,pm12's and a possible st44 for officers, then thats a pretty well off militia, so I think if anything wanted to be done further to them would really just making them into more of a army reserve component.

I do think though giving them a Toyota hilux or datsun wouldnt be a bad idea, i assume they dont take personal vehicles to duty with them,lol.

It would also tie in to their daily duties of acting as border guards and internal security breaking up and seizing illegal shipments and immigration from takistan, thats all I really have for them, as for the professional Army their pretty well off they have kevlar helmets body armor some weapons with optics they have pretty modern armor, they still need an apc, which I dont know if you were still pursuing asking hell in the pacific if they had a half track or if you wanted to they could get an exported fiat apc from pedagne mod as a gift from Italy.

Airforce I agree keeping it small, limited UH1 and the prop plane, maybe some airfield/airforce security troops? , or you could reskin a few taki regulars and have them be a Caprian Marine Corps, as an island nation I wouldnt think it too implausible that they wouldnt have some sort of amphibious forces and using the taki models wouldnt be bad, steel helmets could be retextured to give them a helmet netted or a burlap cover appearance " http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/military_photos/world-steel-helmets/156933d1290049101-lebanese-soldier-wearing-the-israeli-style-m1-helmet-with-3-point-para-straps-1982-1cf5e940.jpg " to them old school marine look and to set them apart with a uniform you could go for the even older san marco pattern" http://eagleoutfitterstexas.com/shop/images/Atom5046.jpg " or you could go with a french lizard pattern " http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/lizard-pattern-camo.jpg " and you could tie it in with the liberation of the island in 1945, french forces didnt actually leave until 1950's and the local defense forces at the time were impressed by the French Foreign legionnaires wearing the lizard pattern uniform.

As far as weapons would go it would make sense to go with famas f1 route, makes sense logistically, but it wouldnt be uncommon to see these guys with l1a1/fal style weapons, and as for a chariot to suit these marines to ride into battle we could do something simple as an m113 or some ww2 alligator am tracks. These are all pretty far fetched ideas, and if you didnt like the idea of a Capraian marine corps you could make a limited Folgore style Para unit using the old school italian od uniform or the old san marco.

Very very nice idea!

I actually thought and thats for you guys to decide because im all up for "Community Mod" for Capraian Marine Corp would you like to see a FN FAL as a assault rifle or FAMAS F1?

I will give the Militia a Toyota Hilux only with a MG and a normal one for transport.

I like the older san marco camo very much but there aint much of good quality ones around if I wont find it I will be using the French Lizard camo.

Well heres the problem if we go with a vanilla FAL, from a distance or in low light there going to look like taki's so blue on blue is bit of a possibility, so I would suggest if we went with FAL's to use CWR2's british l1a1's or the Dutch FN FAL which isnt synthetic but wood stock and handguards, more importantly its hard to mistake it for taki issue equipment and yeah thats what I was thinking too for the militia an MG and a transport and ill see if i can find some better images for older san marco camo.

" this isnt half bad I think"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PRNWRsVZ6fw/T_2A4d6IfiI/AAAAAAAAAgY/wauvmc0G8EM/s1600/smtg.jpg

" what screws us here is the damn link name in the center"

http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=File:Italy3.jpg

I think we could darken these though and they wouldnt look bad.

Edited by yevgeni89

Well alternative as San Marco Marine camo won't be used because no luck finding good quality stuff, here is a showdown Rhodesian vs French Lizard!

You choose lads :)

Thats such a hard choice because I love both so much....hmmm well you do have an addon coming out with Rhodesian already ;), and since there isn't a french lizard pattern around and it fits into the story and history a bit, Lizard has my vote.

They do need a beret somewhere in there must be a beret haha, you could go old school traditional indochina/algerian conflict era and give them the french lizard camo beret, I could see them now storming the beaches.

On a side note I downloaded pedagne mod earlier and i played a bit with that fiat apc, turns out it is amphibious not only that, it moves pretty fast in the water, I almost thought it moved as fast as a zodiac boat.

Edited by yevgeni89

Here is alpha version of Capraian Marine :)

arma2oa_2013_01_25_21_43_46_520.png

arma2oa_2013_01_25_21_43_49_546.png

arma2oa_2013_01_25_21_43_52_346.png

Got to fix the annoying flag which gets pixelated every bloody time and other minor stuff.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: I just thought and im not gonna add dirt layer into them... Too beautiful...

That looks epic, is that the Vanilla UNO officer Model? I really cant wait to see what else you've got dreamed up :D

That looks epic, is that the Vanilla UNO officer Model? I really cant wait to see what else you've got dreamed up :D

Yes thats the UNO Officer model but configed to be a soldier.

The Capraian Sniper (UNO Model) will be Marine's Officer.

They simply look better than Takistan models :)

+ Not sure if you are even able to change their face look so they look not middle eastern if you know what I mean

Edited by Sakai